Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What is the Falcons top need?
CB 15 53.57%
NT 3 10.71%
OLB 5 17.86%
O-line 1 3.57%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the Falcons could get Shaun Rogers. Probably not, but he seems like just what the Falcons need.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I wonder if the Falcons could get Shaun Rogers. Probably not, but he seems like just what the Falcons need.
I don't know how well he would fit in our 4-3 now. I know he was a force for a long time in it, but he's gotten so much bigger to fill that 3-4 NT role, I just don't know if he would be effective for us. Plus they would likely want a king's ransom to get him. It's becoming very difficult to find really good 4-3 DTs...friggin Vikings.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I agree that we need someone else back there too, but I'm much more a fan of building in the trenches. And supposedly, Foxworth hasn't played well at all in Baltimore.
In fact, he has been god awful. As much as I dislike Houston and Grimes, I do not miss Foxworth at all.

Draft needs:

A RB who can split time with Michael Turner. We now know that Norwood can never stay healthy enough to contribute a consistent 15 touches per game.

We need a big body at NT, thus allowing Jerry to come back and play at UT in a rotation with Babineaux.

A big physical cover corner would be nice, a Rashean Mathis/Al Harris/Nnamdi Asomugha type. That would be a nice change of pace from the midgets we are currently using.

Last edited by Shiver : 10-23-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We always go for short corners and i don't get it. I know jimmy williams was a huge bust, but come on. Chris Owens, Middleton, why draft them?

I'm not asking for the next deon, but a guy like aqib talib would be nice. He was too big, failed a drug test and ran a bad 40, but he can play. We need a CB who can play and not make so many mistakes.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope our 2010 draft class produces more immediate results. Last year we seem to have gotten too cute and tried all these projects and we could have really used some impact right away. Although injuries are a big reason why Jerry and Moore aren't playing right now. Guys like Owens and Sidbury won't produce for a while, if at all.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the Sidbury pick. I wasn't a huge fan of the Owens pick however.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

The only picks I liked were Jerry and Sid. Honestly I think all the other picks were a huge waste. I had a bad feeling about Jerry because of his knees/age though. I still expect him to bounce back, but man I really just wish we would have gone another way, but that's all hindsight now. I think Jerry next year when he recovers can beast it up for us, but we're ready to win now, next year we need an impact defensive player. LB, CB, or DLine. Just a big impact guy.

Getting Douglas and Jerry back will be huge, but missing out on our 2nd round pick is going to hurt us too. But TG is totally worth it. Hopefully getting those 2 back from injury will offset not having a 2nd round pick.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I wanted Everette Brown when we were on the clock and really wasn't fond of the Peria Jerry pick.

Gotta wait it out, though.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Personally, I wanted Everette Brown when we were on the clock and really wasn't fond of the Peria Jerry pick.

Gotta wait it out, though.
That's very true, I thought we were going to jump on it too, I forgot about that. I guess I suppressed that in my mind. But at the same time I think Sid is going to be a great player that will play much the same as Brown.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning said there is no relationship like QB and center. He had Jeff Saturday his whole career to pave the way and they are a great due. Saying this i present...

Matt Tennant, senior center from Boston College. He is ranked the #2 center of the 2010 class.

6'4" 295lbs

Quote:
2007 Season
Earned the starting role in preseason camp and started all 14 games at center for the Eagles in 2007...helped pave the way for Matt Ryan's record-breaking season...the Eagles finished with 5,924 yards of total offense and Ryan passed for 4,507 yards...got the first start of his career vs. Wake Forest in the season opener.
I think he would be a great draft pick. We do have more urgent needs then a center, but this is interesting. Right now he is looked at as a possible 3/4th rounder.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 10-30-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Peyton Manning said there is no relationship like QB and center. He had Jeff Saturday his whole career to pave the way and they are a great due. Saying this i present...

Matt Tennant, senior center from Boston College. He is ranked the #2 center of the 2010 class.

6'4" 295lbs

I think he would be a great draft pick. We do have more urgent needs then a center, but this is interesting. Right now he is looked at as a possible 3/4th rounder.
Sounds good to me. I'm ready to have a C in our OL so we can have a rock solid group for the next hopefully 5 years. That's when you can really see a team start to become elite, when they can keep their offensive line together for a while, even if they aren't superstars they just somehow get the job done.

There's a DE I've been hearing a lot about, and a guy I took notice of quite a while ago, and I know we have a lot of DEs already but Jerry Hughes from TCU, Scott even has him as a hot prospect right now, The guy is just a really good defender. He'd be someone who could start and still get pressure, but would be good enough against the run, to not have to be just a pass rusher like Sid or Kroy (although Kroy seems to be developing)
Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

He's a sack machine, and TCU plays some pretty good competition. A little problem with him is consistency and he's not very tall, about 6'2".

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-06-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

As this thread is slowing down I think this is a good time to refresh our needs.

primary needs:
CB x 2
DE
DT
C

secondary needs:
OLB
OT
OG

honorable mention:
RB... Norwood is a injury prone FA
QB... No I'm not quiting on Matt Ryan.

With so many awesome QBs in this draft I'm sure there will be quite a few that fall pretty far. If you look at all the great teams in this league, they have very valuable backups at QB(Check 2008 Pats). We drafted Matt Schaub in the 3rd round even though we had a pro bowl QB (VICK) who was hurt at that time. We learned this the hard way that year, and then it hit us again in 2007. We did not have a back up QB. Matt Ryan has gotten pretty good protection, but these last two games were not very pretty. Chris Redman basically had one good game in his career and I have no trust in John Parker Wilson to run this team. I'm not saying we should draft a QB in the 3rd with so many needs we have. We have 5 pick in the 2010 draft, I'm sure we'll look into the free agency to fill most of our needs, and maybe draft a QB in the 5th or 6th. Last 2 years in a row, we cut 2 5th round picks before the season started, so why not take a shot at QB.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-28-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Haden better be at the top of our board. Norwood cannot be counted on as a secure backup, Im hoping Harry comes back strong b/c our offense needs that explosive player.

DE is a huge need as well but w/ no second rounder who knows.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

He need to fix our CBs first, then we have to look at DE. Our secondary is so bad, and they give up so much room, the QB doesn't need that much time to throw, so the DEs can't even get to him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-29-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

What I'd do:

Allocate primary resources to fixing our primary problem: the pass defense.

Clearly, CB needs fixing. But drafting yet more youth is not the answer; we need to sign the best vet we can, whether Dunta Robinson or Carlos Rogers, and maybe draft a little more depth in the 4th or 5th.

We also need to help out the secondary with pass rush. Abraham has disappeared, Anderson is apparently only a DT on 3rd down now, Davis is just depth, Biermann is ok but not a star (yet), and Sidbury is an unknown. I'd draft the best DE we can in the 1st round. He'll contribute on 3rd down in year 1, and will grow into Abe's replacement.

In the middle rounds, I'd look for an OT, scatback, OLB, NT.

Done.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
What I'd do:

Allocate primary resources to fixing our primary problem: the pass defense.

Clearly, CB needs fixing. But drafting yet more youth is not the answer; we need to sign the best vet we can, whether Dunta Robinson or Carlos Rogers, and maybe draft a little more depth in the 4th or 5th.

We also need to help out the secondary with pass rush. Abraham has disappeared, Anderson is apparently only a DT on 3rd down now, Davis is just depth, Biermann is ok but not a star (yet), and Sidbury is an unknown. I'd draft the best DE we can in the 1st round. He'll contribute on 3rd down in year 1, and will grow into Abe's replacement.

In the middle rounds, I'd look for an OT, scatback, OLB, NT.

Done.
I'm on board with signing a CB, especially with a weak class like this one. Robinson and Rogers are both veterans and are both from the state of GA. Either one, however, has an int this year, and their teams suck.

-----------------------------------------

I don't agree with drafting a DE in the first round who will only contribute on 3rd downs his first year. That's pretty much Sidbury right there. ABE will not be any younger next year. We can't wait 2 or 3 more years to fix the pass rush.

Thinking about it again however, that might make a lot of sense. Let's take a look at our current DE situation.

RE- Abraham- Biermann- Sidbury

LE- Anderson- Davis

Abraham will not be with the falcons for too long, so Biermann would start and Sidbury would be a great backup, that will get a lot of snaps. Our LE's suck, Anderson is no good and Davis is a career backup. Looks like in the 1st we'll have some options for a LE.

Carlos Dunlap- 6'6" 290lbs
Corey Wooten- 6'7" 280lbs
Everson Griffen- 6'3" 280lbs
Derrick Morgan- 6'4" 275lbs
Greg Hardy- 6'5" 275lbs

Since we only have 5 picks and a lot of needs to fill, we can even move down to get one of these guys. Right now falcons have a pick at about 15. We can get a few picks if we trade down to late first.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Im in total agreeance with D-Rod. The CB i like is Leigh Bodden, he has played real well this year and is only 27. The Pats have two other young CBs so its likely Bodden hits the open market. He is definitely a guy i want at this stage

What else happens depends on Brian Williams recovery, Chris Houston’s play and Chris Owens' play for the rest of the year. If Houston does not improve (which is very likely) and Owens shows nothing, then, we need to find ANOTHER veteran in FA as entering 2010 with the same CB situation is not doing the remainder of the talent on this team justice. Owens looked good the other night though.
LCB Bodden
RCB Owens
NCB Houston/Jackson/Williams
would be a likely scenario at this point.

From there id look to DE in the draft and we NEED to hit on who we select. At where we pick it looks like there could be some high risk/reward guys like Carlos Dunlap or Greg Hardy but a guy like Eversen Griffen is likely to be a safer bet at this point
1. DE
3. OT
4. OC
4.(comp Foxworth) TE – I like Jimmy Graham the Miami TE
5. LB
5. (comp Boley) Best Kicker in the draft
6. WR
Old 12-02-2009, 04:16 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Im in total agreeance with D-Rod. The CB i like is Leigh Bodden, he has played real well this year and is only 27. The Pats have two other young CBs so its likely Bodden hits the open market. He is definitely a guy i want at this stage

What else happens depends on Brian Williams recovery, Chris Houston’s play and Chris Owens' play for the rest of the year. If Houston does not improve (which is very likely) and Owens shows nothing, then, we need to find ANOTHER veteran in FA as entering 2010 with the same CB situation is not doing the remainder of the talent on this team justice. Owens looked good the other night though.
LCB Bodden
RCB Owens
NCB Houston/Jackson/Williams
would be a likely scenario at this point.

From there id look to DE in the draft and we NEED to hit on who we select. At where we pick it looks like there could be some high risk/reward guys like Carlos Dunlap or Greg Hardy but a guy like Eversen Griffen is likely to be a safer bet at this point
1. DE
3. OT
4. OC
4.(comp Foxworth) TE – I like Jimmy Graham the Miami TE
5. LB
5. (comp Boley) Best Kicker in the draft
6. WR
Agreed. Bodden is also a good option.

I think that Robinson has had a down year for two reasons - one, he's coming off a knee injury, which takes at least a year to recover from; two, he's pissed about the lack of a new contract, and held out all of TC. I think he'd be a great candidate to really come back strong next year.

Rogers is not having a great year in DC, and he's not really a superb playmaker (and cannot catch for ****), but he's just a very, very solid corner. He can also turn his head, unlike Houston. Rogers is able to shadow a #1 receiver and keep him fairly quiet. Houston (and hopefully Owens) are capable against #2 receivers.

I agree that we can't make another boom/bust pick at DE (although DE is simply a horribly difficult position to forecast - see the Anderson/Adams etc draft). However, I'm not sure that Griffin is a hugely safe bet either; remember, this is the first year when production has really matched his talent.

I also agree that trading down woult be ideal, but almost every team thinks that...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:22 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

I think Derrick Morgan's top of my wishlist. Can line up at either LE or RE, and has good production to go with his athleticism.

I'm not sure whether Wooten has the explosion to be a consistent pass-rush threat at the next level - I see more of a 3-4 guy, Jamaal part 2.

I think our experience of losing both top picks this year to injury will push Hardy down the board.

Dunlap is an inconsistent idiot; I could see him being totally off our board, to be honest. Physically, however, he'd be the perfect LE.

I do like Griffen, but he's not totally safe either.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

By the way, if he's still available, Sergio Kindle could be an option. We have DEs who can stack the line against the run, what we desperately need is someone who can consistently get around the corner quickly...
Old 12-02-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
By the way, if he's still available, Sergio Kindle could be an option. We have DEs who can stack the line against the run, what we desperately need is someone who can consistently get around the corner quickly...
I'm certainly a fan.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

DEs are a crapshoot...I just want a good one. I dont care who it is.

How about TE Jimmy Graham in the mid rounds 6"8 260lbs runs a 4.6 and loves to block and be physical. He could replace Peele and have a 1 year aprentinceship under the greatest TE of all time. STUD

Seeing the saints get these mid round Olinemen who have all the physical tools but somehow fall (Bushrod and Nicks) and then play right up to their physical ability is a bit frustrating. I want some 330lb monster in the 3rd who "flicks the switch" his first year and holds it down for 10+ years
Old 12-04-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Are there any co-ordinators or assistants out there on the defensive side that would run an Arizona style hybrid scheme as the D co-ordinator of the Falcons? I really want a dominant defense and it just doesn't seem like we throw enough at an opposing QBs to make it difficult for them. I love the Jets scheme and the confussion it causes, i'd love to be a base 4/3 but at the same time be able to come out and prior to the snap we re allign and use some 3/4. I remember hearing they would look to mix it up this year but we haven't seen it. I know the players arent all that special, (our CBs especially) but i still think id like to see us use a different approach to confusing opposing offenses than the one currently used by VanGorder /rant

Here is where im currently at.
1st round DE
Jerry Hughes- I just cant ignore this guy, he is a beast in every sense. He is small-ish at 6"2 257lbs but he is amazing. Reminds me of Terrel Suggs with the aggression he plays with. With Hughes, Sid, Bierman, Abe we would have some 4/3 DE who could also be used as rush backers if we did decide to change our scheme up a bit. In addition to that im sure JA98 Babs and Jerry could handle the occasional 3/4 DE duty on the rare occasion that we changed up our formation.
Anyway i digress....i give you, Jerry Hughes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWIcKqReGk

3rd round LT/RT/OG
This is Vladimir Ducase, he is a beast. Raw 330lb road grader who is athletic. Plays LT for the minutemen at the moment but many project him to gaurd at the next level. Would be an ideal 3rd round pick. He is exactly the type of player i expect the Saints to take in the 3-4th round and him turn into a stud for them. Check him out
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...le-nfl-linemen

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 12-04-2009 at 06:59 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I avoided Jerry Hughes on purpose. I thought we don't need a undersized DE right now. Man what a beast he is, reminds me of Kroy Biermann with than tenacity, but Hughes plays much better competition in college than kroy did. No question his biggest asset is his speed, but he can also bull rush. He looks like a guy ready to contribute right away.

Quickness off the snap- check
Speed- check
Bullrush- check
variety of moves- check
Hands- check

he has the making of a complete pass rusher in the NFL. Looks to me he'll go top 10, he's just very underrated right now.

Quote:
we all hate you