Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-08-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
Bolded the TERRIBLE ones.
You missed a LOT
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
You missed a LOT
I was being nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you guys compare Golden Tate to? My first choice would honestly be Steve Smith of Carolina. Whenever I watch this kid, he reminds me a LOT of Steve Smith. He is a small, fast guy that is agressive and attacks the ball while it's in the air.

Probably will be a first rounder when all is said and done. Wouldn't mind having him in aqua and orange next year.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How close are Troy Polamalu and Taylor Mays as prospects? Obviously Mays has the size and speed advantage. For what its worth their stats from college are fairly similar

Polamalu 281 tackles, 6 interceptions 17 deflections
Mays 265 tackles, 6 interceptions 18 deflections(thru junior year)
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Troy Polamalu had Taylor Mays' measurables he would be illegal.

If Taylor Mays had Troy Polamalu's natural football instincts he would be illegal.

Mays has all the physical gifts in the world but he is still very inconsistent in the skills that make Polamalu so dominant.

Last edited by phlysac : 12-09-2009 at 02:58 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Day One Pick
Veteran

Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Day One Pick is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Who would you guys compare Golden Tate to? My first choice would honestly be Steve Smith of Carolina. Whenever I watch this kid, he reminds me a LOT of Steve Smith. He is a small, fast guy that is agressive and attacks the ball while it's in the air.

Probably will be a first rounder when all is said and done. Wouldn't mind having him in aqua and orange next year.
How about Lynn Swann? Swann was a smallish receiver who was a RB at USC. Tate isn't a RB, but he looks more like a RB than a WR. Swann had a lot of the intangibles that we see from Tate. Both small but go up for the ball like they are 6-5 receivers.
Day One Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
jimbo
Rookie

jimbo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
How close are Troy Polamalu and Taylor Mays as prospects? Obviously Mays has the size and speed advantage. For what its worth their stats from college are fairly similar

Mays' ball skills are no where close to Troy's.
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Mays' ball skills are no where close to Troy's.
I am being baited into this but whatever, as a disclaimer I just want to say in no way I think Taylor Mays is as good or near as good as Troy Polamalu. However the fact of the matter is their stats in college are extremely similar and it cannot be ignored that obviously Mays is an All-World athlete, so we can conclude that Mays could be an All-Pro player, if he can develop the same way Troy has.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Mays = Roy Williams
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Taylor Mays = Roy Williams
That's a complete lol worthy one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double postttttttttttt

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
That's a complete lol worthy one.
Ugh, I am done trying to explain Taylor Mays is an excellent cover safety, I mean really I give up. People need to watch a little USC. :(

The only thing Roy Williams and Mays have in common is that they hit hard and are first round picks.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 12-09-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Ugh, I am done trying to explain Taylor Mays is an excellent cover safety, I mean really I give up. People need to watch a little USC. :(

The only thing Roy Williams and Mays have in common is that they hit hard and are first round picks.
Yeah, the fifteen page threads get a little old. He'll probably get away with it, but it's total, total, total ********.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would like some more imput in here...

Just a few of my own...

Derrick Morgan - Ray Edwards
Brandon Graham - Lamarr Woodley
Toby Gerhart - Shonn Green (questionable)
Bryan Bulaga - Jordan Gross (again questionable)
Jason Pierre-Paul - Manny Lawson
Vladamir Ducasse - Carl Nicks
Old 01-30-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
jimbo
Rookie

jimbo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If anything, I think Ben Tate projects to be more like Shonn Greene than Gerhart does.
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Would like some more imput in here...

Just a few of my own...

Derrick Morgan - Ray Edwards
Brandon Graham - Lamarr Woodley
Toby Gerhart - Shonn Green (questionable)
Bryan Bulaga - Jordan Gross (again questionable)
Jason Pierre-Paul - Manny Lawson
Vladamir Ducasse - Carl Nicks
I'd add:
Rolando McClaiin-Carl Banks
Russell Okung-Willie Anderson
Taylor Mays-Steve Atwater
CJ Spiller-Chris Johnson
Riley Cooper-Ed McCaffery
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post

Where did you get your stats from? Mays had 268 tackles and 5 picks through his senior year.

Polamalu was a 3 year starter(Mays as all 4). Polamalu was a backup as a freshman and and played in 8 games, he had 12 tackles, but blocked a punt and caused to forced fumbles(Mays caused 1 in 4 years).

Despite not starting as a freshman, he had more tackles still, he only had 1 more pick, but he had 8 blocked punts, 7 forced fumbles(to Mays 1), and 6 sacks(to Mays 0). Oh, and he had 3 touchdowns too. I'd say Polamalu had a nice advantage as a playmaker.

Mays is a taller laRon Landry, with lesser instincts.

How strong is Ducasse? I hear he is fairly strong, but Nicks is a monster.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 01-30-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd add:
Rolando McClaiin-Carl Banks
Russell Okung-Willie Anderson
Taylor Mays-Steve Atwater
CJ Spiller-Chris Johnson
Riley Cooper-Ed McCaffery
No. They're both fast, that's about it. Chris Johnson is 10x more physical than Spiller. C.J. Spiller compares the most to Reggie Bush.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
No. They're both fast, that's about it. Chris Johnson is 10x more physical than Spiller. C.J. Spiller compares the most to Reggie Bush.
Like to keep the comparisons to players at a similar stage, you're probably right.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
What? Chris Johnson is a much better comparison than Reggie Bush granted neither are perfect comparisons for Spiller. But Spiller does not dance anywhere near as much as Bush did at this point in their careers, Spiller is much tougher than Reggie Bush.

CJ might be 10x tougher than Spiller (questionable) but Spiller is 10x tougher than Bush (obviously IMO).

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 01-30-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Spiller - Felix Jones
Old 01-30-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
CJ Spiller - Felix Jones
Bingo! Not perfect, of course, but a good approximation of what to expect.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought of these when I was thinking about who the Jags should take.

Derrick Morgan = Aaron Kampman
Brian Price = Tommie Harris
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
I thought of these when I was thinking about who the Jags should take.

Derrick Morgan = Aaron Kampman
Brian Price = Tommie Harris
How about this...

Derrick Morgan = Trent Cole
Brian Price = Mike Patterson
Old 01-30-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might as well start with the Quarterbacks...

1) Jimmy Clausen - Jay Cutler
2) Sam Bradford - Trent Edwards
3) Colt McCoy - David Carr
4) Zac Robinson - Brodie Croyle
5) Jevan Snead - Kyle Boller
6) Tim Tebow - Bobby Douglass
7) Tony Pike - Jason Campbell
8) Jarrett Brown - Omar Jacobs
9) Dan LeFevour - Drew Stanton
10) Armati Edwards - Pat White
+ Weak QB Class

Last edited by GoRavens : 01-30-2010 at 10:03 PM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote