Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-07-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont agree with the switch myself. This was just a strange game...Dallas' defense had been great this year. Playing better every week until now. We just gave up so many huge plays. Hopefully we'll bounce back...the defense has been a strength for us. I wasnt expecting that unit to be the problem yesterday...I actually thought our offense would have struggled.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, you have a point about the 4-3 and our current personnel, but it's more than just switching players here and there and having them add/lose weight. Jerry decided that this team was going to go full fledged into the 3-4 and we are well into it. It'd be a bigger mistake to flip flop this thing, than to keep trying until you get it right. The most important thing we need is consistency. The Giants have our #. For some reason, we give up huge plays and 3rd down conversions to you guys like no other.

I think with Wade... I agree his secondaries have sucked. What we probably need are secondary players that have more natural instinct... ones that go less off coaching and more on free lancing... but are still discplined enough to not be a liability. I dunno, just guessing out loud here.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets trade our whole draft for Revis! :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe you just need a safety. Afterall, look at the Steelers. Its obvious now that Polumalu carried that secondary.

They have a great front 7 and a stud safety, and they had one of the best defenses ive seen in years last year.

Maybe all thats missing is that one stud safety to enforce the middle of the field. *shrug*
Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Lets trade our whole draft for Revis! :D
Did you say, "Let's trade our whole draft for Eric Berry?" :D
Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Maybe you just need a safety. Afterall, look at the Steelers. Its obvious now that Polumalu carried that secondary.

They have a great front 7 and a stud safety, and they had one of the best defenses ive seen in years last year.

Maybe all thats missing is that one stud safety to enforce the middle of the field. *shrug*
We need better safety help. That's been something we've lacked since Darren Woodson left. Amazing that we haven't been able to fix it yet.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We need better safety help. That's been something we've lacked since Darren Woodson left. Amazing that we haven't been able to fix it yet.
again though, it begs the question, do you ignore the trenches for a safety?

to be honest, im just bringing up conversation. it might all be a moot point, afterall the Cowboys are in 1st place and who knows maybe they can win the SB this year and we'll forget about all of this, but we like dissecting and overanalyzing, so i bring it up for the sake of conversation.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
again though, it begs the question, do you ignore the trenches for a safety?

to be honest, im just bringing up conversation. it might all be a moot point, afterall the Cowboys are in 1st place and who knows maybe they can win the SB this year and we'll forget about all of this, but we like dissecting and overanalyzing, so i bring it up for the sake of conversation.
In an uncapped offseason, yes.

We're currently in the process of figuring out what Doug Free and so far, the consensus is that he's starting material. So Columbo going down has been a blessing in that regard. With Columbo back and rookie Robert Brewster back our OL may not be a first round need.

Jerry hasn't ever invested in a first round OL. Maybe this will be the year. There are convincing arguments on both sides. We need to find a future replacement for Flo if Free isn't that guy. It all hinges on how Free does the rest of the year.

DL is a concern... but personally, I'm not a fan of a first round NT. DE ok. NT...eh... OK for the 4-3, but not the 3-4. I still want Ratliff on the outside, and I know our fanbase is split 50/50 on that notion. A round 1 DT that is around our area is Dan Williams. Wouldn't be totally upset.

But our secondary is in shambles. Newman has regressed. Scandrick hit a wall. I'm not even sold like the others on Sensabaugh either. He can be upgraded imo. Hamlin is trash. So is Watkins.

It'll boil down to position need versus value on the board. I just hope Jerry doesn't do anything too cute that will hurt us.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Spencer's stats dont tell the whole story. He is always in the Qb's face. I talked about it before, it just seems like bad luck that he's not getting sacks more than anything. As stupid as it sounds. The Qb always just manages to throw it away at the last second when Spencer is coming in....regardless of how quickly he gets there. It's been a shame to watch because, he really IS playing well. We have a really good player in Spencer.
He blew that play on Jacobs, well so did Bradie too(even though Sensy got held), but that was Spencer's man and he got caught off guard and completely burnt. I agree on how well he's played without the stats, he's done great vs the run, providing pressure, and in coverage, he is a very good overall LB for us that has improved but that play pissed me off.

As for Folk, I put it on the surgery he had, nothing else makes sense. I give him until next year to see how he works on his accuracy but no way he is gone for a down year, if he starts off next year bad then get him out of here.

I hate the talk of switching to a 3-4, we drafted WAY too many players for this scheme to scrap it. We just took two pass rushing OLB's in this past draft in Brandon Williams and Victor Butler and Butler is the real deal. Change in scheme means 2 wasted picks. Spencer is not a 4-3 End, he plays standing up way too much for it to happen, and you also lose the versatility.

We like to move guys around, rush Spencer and Ware from the same side, rush Ware from different sides, you lose almost all of that by going to a 4-3. It's not even worth talking about unless Wade is fired, if that happens sure let's entertain it depending on who we bring in, but in all honestly it's way too risky knowing our best player thrives in a 3-4.

It's easy to say he'll be ok in a 4-3, I think he'll be fine to but the fact is we just don't know, why ruin a 20 sack player by putting him in a whole new defense? We aren't that far away, no need in wasting the players we do have and making it another 4-5 year project getting pieces who fit and scrapping all these prior draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mcbriar having bad holds would actually make sense because, Folk is pulling everything bad....even when the ball is right in the middle of the field. Yes, that could be from the surgery as well but, he seems to think Mcbriar is the problem and Mcrbriar agrees. We just need to switch holders and see what happens. Kitna is apparently not an option, Hurd said he'd do it, and Wade didnt rule out Romo according to this article I just saw. If it continues, well then...you know what the problem is.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Mcbriar having bad holds would actually make sense because, Folk is pulling everything bad....even when the ball is right in the middle of the field. Yes, that could be from the surgery as well but, he seems to think Mcbriar is the problem and Mcrbriar agrees. We just need to switch holders and see what happens. Kitna is apparently not an option, Hurd said he'd do it, and Wade didnt rule out Romo according to this article I just saw. If it continues, well then...you know what the problem is.
You are definitely the ever apologist for our Cowboys forum, MOTH. It's great though...

Julius Jones... Bradie James... Marcus Spears... Nick Folk... Classic. :p
Old 12-07-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You are definitely the ever apologist for our Cowboys forum, MOTH. It's great though...

Julius Jones... Bradie James... Marcus Spears... Nick Folk... Classic. :p
People write people off incredibly quickly. Fans are incredibly fickle, and want everything yesterday. Look at all the fans who turned on Romo so quickly. :/

If I think someone flat out sucks on our team, I'll be honest. Considering Folk has been one of the best kickers in the league in his short career. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. Plus, he did have a different holder those first two years in the league. You dont just give up on a kicker as talented and proven as Folk this quickly.

As for the rest...I always thought Julius was better than he was...but he's just a lazy back who doesnt possess the best of attitudes. I certainly believe he could be a lot better than he is but, he is lazy player. The inconsistency in how he hits the hole is ridiculous. He takes plays off and at RB, you cant do that crap. He's a disappointment. James is fine, he was a pro bowl caliber LB last season, he's always sucked in coverage but, he's not a bad player. The hate was idiotic for years...most fans dont even know what they have in comparison to other teams. Like all the hate Romo gets. It's insane. And the defending of Spears...he's just not as bad as everyone made him out to be. I never said he was amazing or a pro bowler but, he's not horrible. Hell, I'd rather start Bowen, as we've discussed before but Spears isnt that bad.

I just hate when fans constantly ***** about their own players...especially when most of the time, it's not even warranted.

Most fans in my experience, are negative and fickle...it gets old. James has a great game = James is great, guess I was wrong. James has a bad game = cut him now. Insert just about anyone's name in place of James and you have a typical fan reaction.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-07-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
People write people off incredibly quickly. Fans are incredibly fickle, and want everything yesterday. Look at all the fans who turned on Romo so quickly. :/

If I think someone flat out sucks on our team, I'll be honest. Considering Folk has been one of the best kickers in the league in his short career. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. Plus, he did have a different holder those first two years in the league. You dont just give up on a kicker as talented and proven as Folk this quickly.

As for the rest...I always thought Julius was better than he was...but he's just a lazy back who doesnt possess the best of attitudes. I certainly believe he could be a lot better than he is but, he is lazy player. The inconsistency in how he hits the hole is ridiculous. He takes plays off and at RB, you cant do that crap. He's a disappointment. James is fine, he was a pro bowl caliber LB last season, he's always sucked in coverage but, he's not a bad player. The hate was idiotic for years...most fans dont even know what they have in comparison to other teams. Like all the hate Romo gets. It's insane. And the defending of Spears...he's just not as bad as everyone made him out to be. I never said he was amazing or a pro bowler but, he's not horrible. Hell, I'd rather start Bowen, as we've discussed before but Spears isnt that bad.

I just hate when fans constantly ***** about their own players...especially when most of the time, it's not even warranted.

Most fans in my experience, are negative and fickle...it gets old. James has a great game = James is great, guess I was wrong. James has a bad game = cut him now. Insert just about anyone's name in place of James and you have a typical fan reaction.
Yeah, but after a while it's always the same names... and you still stick up for them... But that's why we love you. LOLz.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Funny you say that because, I wouldnt even bring them up if they werent constantly bashed...in most occasions, my posts about the before mentioned players are after someone hates on them.

W/e it's not a big deal. I'm sure it could be annoying on both ends.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-08-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well regardless, i think he can play in a 4-3 either way. Again, I prefer a 3-4, but for some odd reason, the changes that need to be made to the front just aren't getting done.

the changes that would be needed to complete a switch to a 4-3 in my eyes are much easier, and would happen quicker.

i doubt the switch is made though. highly unlikely.
They can make a switch to a 4-3 defense. They don't play a true 34 defense anyways. I can see them easily making the switch to a 43 as opposed to a team changing from a 2 gap 34.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote