Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I dont think portis could push for the HoF
Co sign Portis won't make it. There's no such thing as a down year with the ridiculously backed up waiting list anyway.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Co sign Portis won't make it. There's no such thing as a down year with the ridiculously backed up waiting list anyway.
i dont think he makes it either but i also dont think his last 1000 yard year is in the books either.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i dont think he makes it either but i also dont think his last 1000 yard year is in the books either.
Why is Laron Landry not developing.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Why is Laron Landry not developing.
He hasn't hit puberty yet.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's serious stuff. I mean, he won't just have vision problems in football. He's going to have ramifications from this his entire life.

I've always thought he was crazy (in a good way though), but he'd be seriously crazy not to retire if he is still having problems in training camp next year.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Much like Donovan McNabb I think Portis will fall short because of injury problems, and the fact neither of them have won a Super Bowl. More so McNabb because ultimately most people view Super Bowls as an indicator of a QB's success.

I don't really agree with it, but it is what it is I suppose. Although McNabb does have some really impressive numbers, assuming he continues to add to them for another 2-4 years too.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Portis is done for good, but I do think their 1 RB system should be done for good.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah this is just an accumulation of taking a pounding for so long. Portis honestly has got to be the best pass blocking RB in the game considering he has zero technique. He just throws his body into 280 pound DE's. Also he has a very physical running style despite having a relatively smaller frame minus his tree trunk neck and shoulders.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If he retires you can all but bank CJ Spiller being a Skins which I wouldn't mind. Still I think Portis comes back and shares the load with whoever. It's a shame he's been so hampered by injuries because had he been able to have a long career considering the pace he was on and the age he started in the league he could have finished top 10 all time in rushing yards.
Where do you see Spiller being drafted? I think it's all but a lock the Skins take a QB early, or move up for a guy they like. Missed their chance on Sanchez, if they really like Clausen or Bradford I doubt they pass him up.

Spiller seems like a good late round 1st type of prospect, highly doubt he'd be there in the early or middle 2nd.

Sad to hear about CP, guy was a beast and laid it all on the line for Washington as a big bruising type RB when he traditionally wasn't. He started off so slim, as a speed back in a ZBS but added so much mass while keeping his speed and became one of the most complete backs in the league. His career was the model of consistency, other then the 2 seasons he was injured and didn't finish the guy put up pro bowl caliber numbers at RB across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow.......

CP is one of my favorite players behind sean taylor. This is kind of depressing. Now looking at the Redskins draft, I want Noel Devine in the 2nd round.
FloridaSkinzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is sad, albeit not surprising.

He had the potential to accumulate all time numbers in Denver, but he hasn't been the same guy in Washington. He's a rare case of extra weight not helping a guy out as it seems to have had just a dramatic effect on his ability to be an effective back. He's been playing like a broken man in recent years. Just seems like he takes so much more of a beating now that he doesn't have the speed to outrun guys so much anymore. Something like this was bound to happen, however unfortunate it may be. Really liked the guy, hope he gets a chance to play again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will come to the Vikings next year and teach Adrian Peterson how to hold onto the football....

/sarcasm

I thought Portis was in his early 30's. I guess I thought wrong. But this is terrible. Anytime an injury ends a career its sad. And especially someone as young as Portis. I always thought that the Broncos were getting the short end of this deal when it happened. But now I see it as the skins unfortunately.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its sad when a player is forced out.

Gotta be tough, being a star player since high school and no longer being able to do it.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
This is sad, albeit not surprising.

He had the potential to accumulate all time numbers in Denver, but he hasn't been the same guy in Washington. He's a rare case of extra weight not helping a guy out as it seems to have had just a dramatic effect on his ability to be an effective back. He's been playing like a broken man in recent years. Just seems like he takes so much more of a beating now that he doesn't have the speed to outrun guys so much anymore. Something like this was bound to happen, however unfortunate it may be. Really liked the guy, hope he gets a chance to play again.
Huh? I thought he's had some really good years in Washington considering his supporting cast wasn't as good. About him not being the same guy in Denver, he gained some weight, lost a little speed, but has been about as good. It's his team that's different. CP has been extremely consistent and his game has very few weaknesses in an era where teams like to use multiple backs who only do one thing well.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people forget that Portis was only 20 years old as a rookie coming out of Miami, the dude is only 28 right now, I mean I wouldn't blame him for retiring from football with no major injuries like a blown out knee, but I know Portis could play at least 3 more seasons if he was healthy and this concussion wasn't a lingering injury.
FloridaSkinzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins might be gunning for spiller

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSkinzFan View Post
A lot of people forget that Portis was only 20 years old as a rookie coming out of Miami, the dude is only 28 right now, I mean I wouldn't blame him for retiring from football with no major injuries like a blown out knee, but I know Portis could play at least 3 more seasons if he was healthy and this concussion wasn't a lingering injury.
Personally I'd much rather tear apart my knee than have brain damage from multiple concussions. A lot of former players with the latter suffer from depression, suicide, dementia to name a few. Even though it would suck being in a wheel chair or a permanent limp or constant pain it's slightly preferable to what Portis might be facing.

Most players deserve what they are paid, many lesser known players deserve a lot more. They are lucky if their career lasts 10 years and afterwards they are sadly often left disabled with no marketable skill, medical bills and no health insurance.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 12-10-2009 at 11:00 AM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't really say I'm surprised. The Redskins have run Portis like he was a much bigger runner. Ever since his first year in Washington, I was dubious that Portis would make it past 30 years old in the NFL so long as the Redskins treated him like a 240 lb. power runner.

I'll miss Portis, he was entertaining both on and off the field, but I hope that if this is as serious as this sounds, he doesn't open himself up to worse head injuries. Hopefully this serves as some sort of lesson for teams to not treat their tailbacks like they're disposable, but it probably won't.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As good as he has been had he not left Denver I think he would have done even better.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
As good as he has been had he not left Denver I think he would have done even better.
There's little doubt of that. His YPC in Washington was a full 1.4 yards lower than it was in Denver.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was my favorite player in the league for a while. I remember when he used to kill Oakland... I hated that **** but he was awesome.