Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2009, 07:03 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
And the Marty Mornhinweg/Andy Reid combo is just so much better.

Whoo, baby, Miles Austin toasted the Raiders. Championship.
1) Than Jason Garrett? Yes. But as I tried to illuminate, the WCO system lends itself quite nicely to Miles Austin's skills set even moreso than DeSean.

2) Same Raider that beat the Eagles and shut the "best" WR in the NFC DeSean? ROTFLMAO.

Sadly, I love both guys but Miles is a 5-10 catches per game type player and DeSean is 3-5. Each explosive.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
2) Same Raider that beat the Eagles and shut the "best" WR in the NFC DeSean?
Never in my life have I heard of a guy who got 94 yards be referred to as "shut down". Consider that the guys who are allegedly so much better than Garrett had to use four backup OL and thought that throwing 46 times with a backup OL was a good idea. Yep, really "shut down".

Quote:
ROTFLMAO.
Really? You're rolling on the floor, laughing your ass off? I can't help but recommend finding better things to do in life if a debate entertains you so much.

Quote:
Sadly, I love both guys but Miles is a 5-10 catches per game type player and DeSean is 3-5. Each explosive.
So can you explain to me why DeSean has a higher catch per game average?

ROTFLMAO ROFLCOPTER LOLZ OMG
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:27 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Never in my life have I heard of a guy who got 94 yards be referred to as "shut down". Consider that the guys who are allegedly so much better than Garrett had to use four backup OL and thought that throwing 46 times with a backup OL was a good idea. Yep, really "shut down".
9 Points. 2 of 14 on Third Down. 210 Passing Yards. 22 of 46 accuracy.

12 Targets
1 Catch for 51 yards.
5 Catches for 43.
0 TDs

I call that shut down given the 12 Targets and 46 pass attempts.

Quote:
So can you explain to me why DeSean has a higher catch per game average?
Um, the moron Cowboy coaches REFUSE to run the Offense through their best WR b/c Jerrah spent a boat load on Roy WIlliams?

But here we go IN SPITE OF THE COACHES STUPIDITY ... ....

#1 YPC for a WR
#1 Plays over 20 Yards
#2 in TDs
#1 YAC per Receptions
#1 TDs per Catch
#1 1st Down per Catch

... imagine if he had McNabb throwing to him in a a WCO? WOW!

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-27-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
9 Points.
Clearly all Jackson's fault.

Quote:
Um, the moron Cowboy coaches REFUSE to run the Offense through their best WR b/c Jerrah spent a boat load on Roy WIlliams?
46 passes, 14 runs against the Raiders with a backup OL when Westbrook was averaging over 8 yards per carry. I win.

Quote:
#1 YPC for a WR
#1 Plays over 20 Yards
#2 in TDs
#1 YAC per Receptions
#1 TDs per Catch
#1 1st Down per Catch
Against a bunch of nobodies. Congrats, we're really impressed with his 250 yards against the 28th-ranked pass defense.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
9 Points. 2 of 14 on Third Down. 210 Passing Yards. 22 of 46 accuracy.
Jackson's the QB now?

Quote:
12 Targets
1 Catch for 51 yards.
5 Catches for 43.
0 TDs

I call that shut down given the 12 Targets and 46 pass attempts.
Great. Now go find me the numbers which indicate how bad McNabb was that day. Find me the numbers for how many times McNabb got hit that day and was given no time to throw because he had four backup OL in.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

I don't even mind Austin. Matter of fact, I like him. However, Bob's anti-Jackson arguments are just ******* ********. Yeah, great, the Eagles only scored 9 points against the Raiders. Move on. Did Jason Witten suddenly become a worse player after the 44-6 anal raping last year? No. This argument's headed nowhere, and bienvenidos to my ignore list.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
.... Matter of fact, I like him. However, Bob's anti-Jackson arguments are just ******* ********. ........
Say what .......

Quote:
1) .... I love both guys but Miles is a 5-10 catches per game type player and DeSean is 3-5. Each explosive.
Give it a whirl ...... might help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension

This thread is about who the BEST NFC East WR ....... and in your mind I somehow am Anti-Jackson in spite of the fact I love him as a WR. But I think Miles is the best RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-27-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Jackson's the QB now?

Great. Now go find me the numbers which indicate how bad McNabb was that day. Find me the numbers for how many times McNabb got hit that day and was given no time to throw because he had four backup OL in.
So when Jackson has a good day it validates he is the best WR in the NFC East. When he doesn't, McNabb stinks.

So when Austin has a good day it is because he played inferior competition. When he has a bad day, it is because he just not that good in comparison to Jackson.

GOT IT. Precious pearls of wisdom.

Fact 80% of the folks think he is the best in the NFC says alot to me about how folks evaluate players. Reminds me of Pro Bowl voting ... and I love Jackson plus I was wrong about him coming out of college.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-27-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fact 80% of the folks think he is the best in the NFC says alot to me about how folks evaluate players. Reminds me of Pro Bowl voting ... and I love Jackson plus I was wrong about him coming out of college.
I agree. Same boat.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now? Miles Austin. Not even close.

I expect Hakeem Nicks to take the title in the near future, however.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supporting Caste View Post
Right now? Miles Austin. Not even close.
Care to explain?
Old 12-03-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Care to explain?
Well... right now Miles Austin is proving it all on the field. Can his performance speak for himself? Outside of a long history backing, what more does he need to prove?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Care to explain?
743 yards and 7 touchdowns in six starts.

Oh hey, DeSean Jackson has done almost that well in 11 starts.

Anyway, Jackson hasn't really done anything to separate himself from Santana Moss or Steve Smith, let alone Austin.

Dude, seriously. Come on.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supporting Caste View Post
743 yards and 7 touchdowns in six starts.

Oh hey, DeSean Jackson has done almost that well in 11 starts.

Anyway, Jackson hasn't really done anything to separate himself from Santana Moss or Steve Smith, let alone Austin.

Dude, seriously. Come on.
Great, stats do not tell the entire story. Take a deeper look into those would you? If you take out his mind blowing stats from the Kansas City and Atlanta games his numbers come back to earth. All of a sudden in his other 5 atarts he has 322 yards, 3 touchdowns and 21 catches. Lets face it, his masterful performances against KC and ATL are not what you can expect consistently from him, he beat up on two of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Also I don't know if you noticed but the #1 CB still stays on Roy Williams, Miles Austin is beating Chris Johnson, Brandon Carr and Brent Grimes.

DeSean Jackson on the other hand has been very consistent week in and week out, suggesting that you can expect about 70-100 yards and a TD a week. Not to mention DeSean Jackson can gain separation no matter who you put on him. Also DeSean Jackson has 1,222 all purpose yards this season to go along with 8 total touchdowns. His numbers have all come while being defended by premier corners like Corey Webster, Scrabble, Chris Tillman, Brandon Flowers and Jabari Greer clearly a more accomplished list of players than who Miles Austin is abusing.

C'mon man.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Great, stats do not tell the entire story. Take a deeper look into those would you? If you take out his mind blowing stats from the Kansas City and Atlanta games his numbers come back to earth. All of a sudden in his other 5 atarts he has 322 yards, 3 touchdowns and 21 catches. Lets face it, his masterful performances against KC and ATL are not what you can expect consistently from him, he beat up on two of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Also I don't know if you noticed but the #1 CB still stays on Roy Williams, Miles Austin is beating Chris Johnson, Brandon Carr and Brent Grimes.

DeSean Jackson on the other hand has been very consistent week in and week out, suggesting that you can expect about 70-100 yards and a TD a week. Not to mention DeSean Jackson can gain separation no matter who you put on him. Also DeSean Jackson has 1,222 all purpose yards this season to go along with 8 total touchdowns. His numbers have all come while being defended by premier corners like Corey Webster, Scrabble, Chris Tillman, Brandon Flowers and Jabari Greer clearly a more accomplished list of players than who Miles Austin is abusing.

C'mon man.
Eh the all purpose yards is weak. Just use receiving and you can throw in rushing if you want. Most of these guys don't return kicks because it is too much of a risk.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Eh the all purpose yards is weak.
Really? Field position is weak? The highest punt return average is weak? Mmmmmk. I'll take your word for it. Do punt return yards count less than receiving yards? What about punt return TDs vs. receiving/rushing TDs?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? Field position is weak? The highest punt return average is weak? Mmmmmk. I'll take your word for it. Do punt return yards count less than receiving yards? What about punt return TDs vs. receiving/rushing TDs?
But none of the other guys return kicks. Some because their skill sets don't make them good players for the job and others because their teams won't risk putting such an important piece to their offense on special teams and risk injury. One of the greatst return men in a while in Devin Hester, doesn't even kicks nearly as much anymore since he's become a starting WR. Miles Austin used to be a pretty good player on kick off returns a year or so ago.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
But none of the other guys return kicks. Some because their skill sets don't make them good players for the job and others because their teams won't risk putting such an important piece to their offense on special teams and risk injury. One of the greatst return men in a while in Devin Hester, doesn't even kicks nearly as much anymore since he's become a starting WR. Miles Austin used to be a pretty good player on kick off returns a year or so ago.
So wouldn't the ability to return punts enhance Jackson's value, all-around game and dangerousness? For me, a 20-yard reception is the same as a 20-yard punt return, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
So wouldn't the ability to return punts enhance Jackson's value, all-around game and dangerousness? For me, a 20-yard reception is the same as a 20-yard punt return, but maybe I'm wrong.
Sure it does. But that could be part of Miles Austin's game too. However his coaches now value him too much to risk putting him out there. It's extremely nice to have that ability but I don't think it's fair to compare all purpose yards because a different coach values his player too much to put him on special teams.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I likey, likey...

X - Miles Austin
Y - Desean Jackson
Z - Steve Smith
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Haha, dude, you're saying that if you take away Austin's big games he's nothing special. Who would that NOT apply to?

Moreover, the numbers I posted are just his STARTS. If you want to say his numbers are invalid because he had big games (LOL), then I'll say his numbers are invalid because he hasn't started all year and he obviously would have even bigger stats if he had.

Give it up. You've got nothing besides absurdity.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, DeSean Jackson. You are so beastly. *blush*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive said all along that DJax is the best by far. He's a top 5 WR in the league imo.

He's that good.

Bill Sheridan didn't help much of course. We didn't put Webster on him at all, played a soft zone all game and never once jammed him at the line.

Most of his big plays came in the slot when he had a LB and safety play him in zone. God I hate Bill Sheridan.

But he's a beast no matter how you slice it.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D Jax is by far the best, but one thing that blows my mind is how many times teams have just completely failed to cover him. This guy needs to be doubled at ALL times.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote