Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
The Giants-Pats game was ******* sick! Eli leading the charge against the almighty Patriots. That play where escaped a sure sack and launched the ball to whatever that guys name was was nasty! They made my year that year.
David Tyree!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
The Giants-Pats game was ******* sick! Eli leading the charge against the almighty Patriots. That play where escaped a sure sack and launched the ball to whatever that guys name was was nasty! They made my year that year.
Not only that, but I never knew how many NFL fans hate the Pats! I was up until 4am because I could not sleep after we won. So I was online on different teams forums, and I never knew how many fans hated the pats. In their superbowl game day threads, they were cheering right along like we, giants fans were. Even the redskin forum on extremeskins.com was nuts. And they are our divisional rival! haha. It was a great game, and that is by far the best game. Hall of fame coach, QB, WR, and LB (Seau) all got denied! You can't beat that!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Not only that, but I never knew how many NFL fans hate the Pats! I was up until 4am because I could not sleep after we won. So I was online on different teams forums, and I never knew how many fans hated the pats. In their superbowl game day threads, they were cheering right along like we, giants fans were. Even the redskin forum on extremeskins.com was nuts. And they are our divisional rival! haha. It was a great game, and that is by far the best game. Hall of fame coach, QB, WR, and LB (Seau) all got denied! You can't beat that!
Hahah definitely. I think i even posted in your team forum letting you know that the Giants just made my year lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm obviously biased, but I think the Pats/Giants superbowl was clearly the best game of the past 10 years. I'll go as far as saying it was the best superbowl ever.

We may never again in our lifetimes see a story line like that. And the way it ended? It will forever be known for how it ended.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I even think the NFCCG in that year, between the Giants and Packers in the freezing cold, Favre's last game as a Packer etc and how that ended in OT, I think that game ranks up there. But thats probably my bias kicking in.

I also loved the Pats/Colts AFCCG where the Colts won. That was classic.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Tom Brady but the cockiness he showed at Plax's prediction has always gotten on my nerves.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I love Tom Brady but the cockiness he showed at Plax's prediction has always gotten on my nerves.
I forgot about that.. LOL. He thought Plax's prediction was amusing, as if it could not happen in ever. Don't forget when NE scored, some of the Pats defensive players were telling our offense, don't worry we will invite you to our superbowl celebration party. I still remember reading stuff on that. More I think about it, the more I remember all the stuff. In my mind now that this is all coming back, it's not even close that this superbowl was the best game. So many storylines and drama, leading up to it. Boston pretty much had their parade planned and done. The game was just a formality in their mind. Books were already published 19-0, pre order now.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
I forgot about that.. LOL. He thought Plax's prediction was amusing, as if it could not happen in ever. Don't forget when NE scored, some of the Pats defensive players were telling our offense, don't worry we will invite you to our superbowl celebration party. I still remember reading stuff on that. More I think about it, the more I remember all the stuff. In my mind now that this is all coming back, it's not even close that this superbowl was the best game. So many storylines and drama, leading up to it. Boston pretty much had their parade planned and done. The game was just a formality in their mind. Books were already published 19-0, pre order now.
I think it was Bruschi and Vrabel practically celebrating that they won when Brady put the go ahead TD on us. Little did they know they wouldn't stop Eli coming back down.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It was statistically the biggest upset in SB history.

They published the 19-0 book before the game!

And NFL films scrapped together our SB DVD quickly, they didn't spend as much time on it as the Pats DVD, bc they didn't think we were going to win.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think it was Bruschi and Vrabel practically celebrating that they won when Brady put the go ahead TD on us. Little did they know they wouldn't stop Eli coming back down.
Junior was celebrating too, in retrospect pretty sad. But it's sad that he's a Patriot anyway so whatever.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** all of you for reminding me of that 49ers game. That was just a shameful collapse and that failed FG was just sad.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
**** all of you for reminding me of that 49ers game. That was just a shameful collapse and that failed FG was just sad.
Whatever! The rest of this thread is about the bomb diggity Super Bowl upset.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns/Steelers shootout in the wildcard a few years back would have been a good one to put on this list.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Whatever! The rest of this thread is about the bomb diggity Super Bowl upset.
That was no upset. We were the better team going in and we were the better team on that night, but it was the most fun I've ever had watching a football game and it's up there with watching the avs win the 2001 stanley cup and germany making runs at both the 2002 and 2006 world cups into the final four, for my favorite sporting experience ever, well that and actually getting to watch FC Union Berlin play live, which is why to this day that is the only club I actually support.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-11-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The Browns/Steelers shootout in the wildcard a few years back would have been a good one to put on this list.
I'm pretty sure that game was the one right before the Giants/49'ers game. Two epic collapses in one day with the Giants being worse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-11-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It took me ages, but I've gotten over the 49ers debacle.

I think the SB victory erased the trauma from my memory.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That was no upset. We were the better team going in and we were the better team on that night, but it was the most fun I've ever had watching a football game and it's up there with watching the avs win the 2001 stanley cup and germany making runs at both the 2002 and 2006 world cups into the final four, for my favorite sporting experience ever, well that and actually getting to watch FC Union Berlin play live, which is why to this day that is the only club I actually support.
Okay I actually agree with you that the Giants were hotter going in but to say an 18-0 team wasn't upset when they lost in the Super Bowl is inaccurate IMO.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Okay I actually agree with you that the Giants were hotter going in but to say an 18-0 team wasn't upset when they lost in the Super Bowl is inaccurate IMO.
psh, only vegas and the non-giants fan football fans of the world thought of the pats as true favorites, the fans that matter knew better...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
psh, only vegas and the non-giants fan football fans of the world thought of the pats as true favorites, the fans that matter knew better...
I don't want to say this QFT.

You know the phrase "there are no moral victories, only actual victories"? That week 16 loss to the Patriots was the exception. After that win in Green Bay, I don't think doubt even crossed the minds of Giants fans.

And Terry Bradshaw called that one too. I still remember that.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
cunit2k9
Rookie

cunit2k9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not surprised that the list is comprised of about all playoff games, but one game that I will never forget is the first Browns Bengals game 2 years ago, when the Browns went 10-6. Talk about no defense, it was the most gut wrenching thing I have experienced in my life, I was at the game. Also, 2 years before that (correct me if im wrong), the other Browns Bengals game that was like 51 46? If there were to be a list of solely non-playoff games for this decade I would hope one of those two would be on the list. Browns Bengals games are always pretty exciting.
cunit2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even as I Steelers fan I'll say that the pats and the giants was better. Probly just because i hate the pats so much but that's my fav game

I'll give the steelers and the cards second

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In ten years no one will be talking about the Steelers/Cardinals Super Bowl, but people will be reliving the Giants' upset of the Patriots for as long as there is professional football and television coverage of it. It was David defeating Goliath before our very eyes and the Tyree catch is more iconic than anything I have ever witnesses in football.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I didn't think the Superbowl last year was as good as Pats-Giants or Pats-Rams.

I don't even remember Jets-Dolphins, but I don't see how a regular season game can be #2.
umm... Monday Night Miracle

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The Rams-Panthers game from the 03 playoffs was a great game.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the 49ers vs Giants game. Very exciting game

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote