Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-05-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default There was a rumor

that the Vikings were going to trade with the Falcons to acquire Matt Schaub. Now that Johnson is gone, that 2nd + Johnson rumor is obviously not going to happen. What other player would you guys consider giving up + a 2nd rounder to acquire Matt Schaub from the Atlanta Falcons? I know he doesn't get much love on these boards, I was just curious what you guys thought.

Falcons need DL OL and S help
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't trade for him. But I'd maybe trade Udeze, Marcus Johnson or someone else.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cool, Was just wondering what the fans were thinking, I know not many people on this board like him. Atleast til he ends up on their team, but just wanted to see.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Cool, Was just wondering what the fans were thinking, I know not many people on this board like him. Atleast til he ends up on their team, but just wanted to see.
It's not that people on this board dont like him, people are just annoyed that the falcons(and their fans) expect a kings ransome for him. My thoughts anyway.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't understand why we would trade for Matt Schaub. Why would we collect unproven quarterbacks??

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From everything I've read Atlanta still wants a 1 and 3 ...I don't think they're looking for castoffs as compensation for a guy who'd be a starting QB.
a 1 and 3 IMO is to high for Schuab. I don't hate the guy, but there's no way he's worth that much.

If we're looking for a franchise type signal caller ...then we won't trade out of the slot we're in , and if Quinn is there...I'd be very suprised if we didn't take him. If it really is posturing that Childress went to watch he Quinn work out, he's selling it better than I'd ever have given him credit for.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

That's like setting the price, it's negotiable, I think his value is about a mid round first. I think that's not too much to ask, he's far more proven than ANY of the QBs coming out this year, people just do NOT realize that these guys are going to be rookies, Schaub has competed against NFL talent for a few years now, he's not unproven, he's just unproven on a week to week basis. I'd take him over any QB coming out this year except MAYBE Jamarcus if I had a real vertical style passing attack.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Last year we offered a 2nd and a 4th ...with the potential for another 2nd...when the Falcons came back with the "we want a first" I think
negotiations with us ended.
Like I said Schaub is a decent talent, but it would make zero sense
to trade out of our slot right now when a better college talent in Quinn
might be staring us in the face, and would cost us nothing to simply take him.
Right now in evaluating potential the beleif around the league is that
Quinn's potential is regarded as much higher than Schaub's is.

Plus I'm not convinced that Atlanta wants to trade him. Vick will be an 8 year starter next year and the team has progressivly gotten worse year in and out with him....he makes so much cash that the team is strapped to get defensive help. If they could find a "buyer" to take at least SOME of that salary hit...they I think they'll try and move him next year....if they fail to make the playoffs this year.

Schaub is their insurance policy, and they're not interested in having zero QB's next year and getting nothing in return. That's why I believe they're demanding a 1st. If Schaub goes to say a Carolina and takes them to the Super Bowl...wouldn't Atlanta look pretty stupid for trading him away ??? for
anything less than a #1 ? (which again right now is to high)
You dont' give away #1's for potential. And that what this comes down to.

To me he's proven that he can play. I think his career TD's to INT's is 6-6...but his Comp% is around 50% ....and his record I think is 1-1.
I'm not sure how this would warrent a #1 to you...but to me his value right now is probably around 45-50 ...a mid 2nd. Nothing more.
..like I said if we decide on a new QB Quinn might be there and would cost us "nothing" as far as additional players / picks or money.

Last edited by Severe Punishment : 03-05-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Vikings Fan
Rookie

Vikings Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alright dude, seriously, it seems like all you do is try to unload Schaub on us. You came here earlier and was talking about trading Schaub to us, are you his agent or something?

As for Schaub, no, I wouldnt want him, i'd rather have Quinn or, well, just no. No Schaub.