Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-17-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Starr
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
Quote:
This may be optimistic, but ...Greg Schiano.
very possible cause hes creating a dynasty there and has done what noone else did for rutgers before... no reason for him to leave once he gets the recruits he deserves
Also, he signed a contract extension through 2016 I believe.
Yeah i know, but contracts don't mean anything anymore. While I don't think Schiano will leave for more money, the nfl may come calling if he maintains success.
Word is that he's taking over at Penn State when Joe Pa retires. I guess that's where he started and it's his dream job. You probably knew that though.
That would suck for Tom Bradley. He's basically been the head coach for PSU the past few years.
Ya, I heard about Schiano because Bradley was about to leave because he wouldn't get the HC position.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Starr
Quote:
Quote:
This may be optimistic, but ...Greg Schiano.
very possible cause hes creating a dynasty there and has done what noone else did for rutgers before... no reason for him to leave once he gets the recruits he deserves
Also, he signed a contract extension through 2016 I believe.
Yeah i know, but contracts don't mean anything anymore. While I don't think Schiano will leave for more money, the nfl may come calling if he maintains success.
Word is that he's taking over at Penn State when Joe Pa retires. I guess that's where he started and it's his dream job. You probably knew that though.
That would suck for Tom Bradley. He's basically been the head coach for PSU the past few years.
Ya, I heard about Schiano because Bradley was about to leave because he wouldn't get the HC position.
i personally dont understand that move but yeah its possible but then he turned down the miami job so he just may do that to PSU cause it will FOREVER be known as "joepas team" so whats the point and challenge of taking over
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Urban Meyer.
Yep
Old 02-18-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
Quote:
Urban Meyer.
Yep
with the talent he has hes not goin to any other college team but hes alot like spurrier when the $$s there hes gonna leave for the NFL
Old 02-18-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob Stoops, I don't see him going anywhere.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD
but i see him as a candiate on the hot seat cause he really hasnt amounted to anything recently
Old 02-18-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pete Caroll has a much more open mind than either Joe Pa, or Bobby Bowden. Caroll lets the best man win the job, while Joe and Bobby play Juniors and Seniors only.
An ignorant ND fan? Who would've guessed? What's it like back there in 2001? Here's a tip for ya, stay clear of NYC around the middle of September.

2006 PSU Starters:
SR: 7
JR: 4
SO: 10
FR: 1
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Pete Carroll would be horrible in the NFl since he cant buy his players. Doesnt anyone remember when he coached the patriots? He reminded me of Dave Widstedt.

Quote:
I don't think Pete Carrol will fall off like these two either.
Dont even go there, Pete Caroll will never touch these two and most likely wont coach that long either. You try coaching at age 80 plus and tell me if you dont fall off?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
DoWnThEfiElD wrote:

but i see him as a candiate on the hot seat cause he really hasnt amounted to anything recently
LOL, Stoops isnt on the hot seat. he controls Oklahoma more than the administration does lol.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default uhhh

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
Quote:
Urban Meyer.
Yep
with the talent he has hes not goin to any other college team but hes alot like spurrier when the $$s there hes gonna leave for the NFL
Urban Meyer's offense is a college offense. There is no way I see the spread making the transition to the NFL. For him to turn his back on his entire system and go to the NFL would be strange.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9
Quote:
Pete Caroll has a much more open mind than either Joe Pa, or Bobby Bowden. Caroll lets the best man win the job, while Joe and Bobby play Juniors and Seniors only.
An ignorant ND fan? Who would've guessed? What's it like back there in 2001? Here's a tip for ya, stay clear of NYC around the middle of September.

2006 PSU Starters:
He was forced to play those underclassmen. The team is was very young, and was forced to play those guys.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Les Miles

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2006 PSU Starters:
He was forced to play those underclassmen. The team is was very young, and was forced to play those guys.
Perhaps, but I disagree that JoePa doesn't give Freshmen and Sophomores a shot.

He's open-minded when it comes to competition.

Last year he made both Anthony Scirrotto and Sean Lee starters, eventhough he had seniors and juniors competing for those spots.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2006 PSU Starters:
Perhaps, but I disagree that JoePa doesn't give Freshmen and Sophomores a shot.

He's open-minded when it comes to competition.

Last year he made both Anthony Scirrotto and Sean Lee starters, eventhough he had seniors and juniors competing for those spots.
And Quarless.
I just didn't feel like arguing with someone that doesn't know what they're talking about.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mack Brown has the best potential for that kind of career, that just never ends.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bret Bielema wit da Badgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
NittanyBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
2005: All our WR's were freshmen, Dan Connor was a sophmore. Justin King was a Freshmen to.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
omecool20

I dont think we'll see anoher joe pa or bobby bowden. Football coaching is volatile nowadays ;-) One season, you might be winning everything, next thing you know, the boosters want you out ... that's why I think Bama would never be great again .. their past coaching searches have been screwed up. I dont think Saban can last there longer than 5 years max.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Urban meyer, charlie weis, jim tressel, or jeff tedford if Cal gets the stupid hippies out of the trees over here, grrr