Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-21-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A little update.

As you all expected, Lardarius Webb is out for the season, now confirmed by an MRI.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...lister_in.html

Keep an eye on who they bring in as depth. The reason why I say this is that Chris McAlister will be in there discussions. I think he would be a wonderful pickup at this point. Only thing standing in the way is Harbaugh, if he can forgive McAlister for whatever he did, then I think we will soon see C-Mac back in Baltimore, I know he's lost a step but he's definitely the best player on the FA market that could fill a huge hole in our defensive backfield.

Also, does anyone have any news on the status of Jared Gaither, Ed Reed and Mark Clayton. I think Ed has got to play come Sunday. We have too many injuries for him not to play. We need a play-maker back there, especially with Big Ben coming off the huge game vs. Green Bay.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Cmac comes back, IDK if we will ever know what happened between him and harbaugh but I think they hate each other. I doubt Cmac comes back.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

check that - Harbaugh didn't rule him out either, but it sounds like he'd rather go elsewhere. Kinda shocked Harbaugh is even considering it, I'd love to see him and McAlister fix things up but I guess we'll never know what went on.

Quote:
Harbaugh wouldn’t rule out the possibility of re-signing Chris McAlister, who played for the Ravens from 1999 to 2009.

“We’re open to bringing anybody back that can play and can help us,” he said. “Obviously, he would be an option and there are other options out there as well
Old 12-21-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

also, no word on Troy Polamalu's status, but I have a feeling he won't play, because I think that injury is a lot worse than we think/know.

I mean, he hasn't played since Week 11 and it is now Week 16. Isn't missing five games a bit too much for a PCL sprain? If he really could have played, wouldn't he have played vs. Green Bay? or even Cleveland?
Old 12-21-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Cmac back here I hope he comes back. and anita and scott reported we tried out 5 DBs but no names

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 12-21-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I would love Cmac back here I hope he comes back. and anita and scott reported we tried out 5 DBs but no names
whoa. 5 DB's!! Jeez, I hope and pray C-mac is the guy we bring in. The only reason why I think it is a true possibility is that the 1 man in the organization who is against C-mac, said today that he would consider it, and that man is John Harbaugh.

Here's a list from the Baltimore Sun on free agent CB's available.

Quote:
Fakhir Brown, 32: Nine-year NFL journeyman played for UFL’s Florida Tuskers this season.

Jason Craft, 33: Nickel back for Rams last season.

Jason David, 27: Member of Colts’ Super Bowl team who lasted only six days with Lions this season.

Jamar Fletcher
, 30: Former Dolphins first-round pick has played for five teams in eight seasons.

Eric Green, 27: Played four seasons with Cardinals before bouncing around to the Dolphins and 49ers this season.

Corey Ivy, 32: Former Ravens nickel back has had stints with Browns and Steelers this season.

Brian Kelly, 33: Longtime Buccaneers cornerback last played in 2008 with the Lions.

Michael Lehan, 30: Played for Browns, Dolphins and Saints in his seven-year career.

Chris McAlister
, 32: Three-time Pro Bowl defender for Ravens who played two games for New Orleans this season

R.W. McQuarters, 33: Former 49ers first-round pick played for New York Giants from 2006 to 2008.

Deltha O’Neal, 32: Two-time Pro Bowl selection played for Patriots in 2008 before getting cut by Texans in September.

Patrick Surtain, 33: Three-time Pro Bowl defender hasn’t played since getting cut by Chiefs in the offseason.

Jason Webster, 32: Started for 49ers, Falcons and Bills in injury-filled career.
The guys I bolded are the guys that I think should be looked at, C-Mac is definitely the best choice out of those guys, IMO

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 12-21-2009 at 06:13 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

how did Cmac look in New Orleans?
Old 12-21-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
how did Cmac look in New Orleans?
what I heard from the Scott Garceau and Anita Marks show is that they let him go because he looked a bit slow and sluggish.

That's certainly not good news, since Pittsburgh's Mike Wallace and Santonio Holmes are speed demons. However, I expect he'll be better vs. the run than some of the DB's already on the team.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard they only picked him up until there starting CB came back from an injury.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C-Mac needs to get over his issues before he finds his way back onto this team. The drinking and partying needs to stop, or at least be slowed down. The constant rumors of drinking close to gametime or being hungover must have had some basis, because we all heard them on numerous occasions.

Surtain was always a good player, and while hes lost a step, he might help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those ************* better not even consider Corey Ivy....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Those ************* better not even consider Corey Ivy....
Quote:
RavensInsider

Former Ravens cornerback Corey Ivy is coming in for a physical tomorrow with the Ravens, a league source close to the situation confirmed
:( PLEASE fail the physical... I'd rather Cary Williams gets playing time on defense.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
:( PLEASE fail the physical... I'd rather Cary Williams gets playing time on defense.
**** **** ****....why is god punishing me? Ill take anyone over Corey Ivy....after Kyle Boller, Corey Ivy is my most hated Raven ever....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would rather take Pacman jones over Ivy. Can that guy even play? I know his attitude sucks but I dont think he would be a worthless body like Ivy would be. And yea it will never happen w/ harbaughs attitude
Old 12-21-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

oh jeez, why another small corner???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????? WTF!! don't we ever freaking learn? We have Chris Carr, Foxworth, Fabian Washington, Lardarius Webb and soon to be Corey Ivy all under 5-11. Don't they realize this is a pass happy league and almost every team in the league has got a WR 6-2 and above? I cannot believe this junk, it's so frustrating.

I mean seriously, WHAT THE **** does Corey Freakin Ivy bring to the team that helps cover the likes of Holmes, Wallace and Ward, he's 5-9 and runs like he's 6-4. Useless, pathetic and absolutely worthless.

Jesus Christ Ozzie, sometimes you just don't get it.

Some good news - Limas Sweed and the Steelers Long Snapper have been placing on IR/PUP

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 12-21-2009 at 10:49 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would rather have signed Pacman Jones over Corey. This is not good.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have taken CMac over Ivy but as for Pacman...HELL NO! He was unbelievably awful for Dallas last year.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I'm hearing that Ed Reed is a long shot to play on Sunday as well. Oh boy..

Chris Carr is going to start

Corey Ivy is on the team

Ed Reed might not play

We are screwed.