Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Coming into the draft I think I had Maclin at #4 behind Crabtree, Nicks, and Britt. I wasn't high on Harvin or DHB but one of them has proven me wrong. I also thought Maclin would take a year or two to develop but this isn't the case at all. I'm so suprised at Maclin's physical ability that I think he might end up at a better WR than Jackson if that's possible. He has a similar speed as him but when you throw in the other aspects then you guys are lucky.
I actually had that written in my response to your other post but I thought that might be too edgy considering all the D-Jax love going around.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I actually had that written in my response to your other post but I thought that might be too edgy considering all the D-Jax love going around.
I may have said something earlier when I was going to TC about this, but I may just remember thinking it and not having the balls to actually say it, lol.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Thumper and EATW am I crazy in thinking that Maclin might be better than DeSean? How do you guys feel after watching them?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So Thumper and EATW am I crazy in thinking that Maclin might be better than DeSean? How do you guys feel after watching them?
You're not crazy. DeSean is no doubt the more explosive weapon but I already think Maclin is developing into the more balanced receiver, he already plays all three spots in the offense which is amazing considering that he missed a large portion of training camp with a contract issue.

And Maclin is already targeted more than DeSean. DeSean is hit on big plays which is why his numbers are so high, but in the past two games Maclin has been targeted more and Maclin is turning more of the targets into receptions. Last week, against the Washington Redskins, Maclin was the receiver who McNabb targeted the most. McNabb threw Maclin's way seven times, for five passes for 53 yards. I don't know the numbers from the Giants game but he was targeted more than DeSean was, I know that for a fact.

They complement each other very nicely.

Last edited by Thumper : 11-02-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Which really does mean nothing at this point in the season.

They entertainment value is huge though. :)
Again... this upcoming game means nothing. It really doesn't.

Win or lose, both teams can come away and still accomplish their goals for the season. ...first the playoffs, then the SB.

Should be fun to watch. Nothing more. This isn't do or die.... which makes me think that Dallas will win. It's the do or die games that we have crumbled in. These meaningless ones that we win always give us a false sense that we are better than we are. Fans and media start to get big heads about it... and then they come crashing and the fans and media start bashing the boys again. Once continuous cycle. Been there, done that with this story guys.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit you quoted your own post. :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Again... this upcoming game means nothing. It really doesn't.

Win or lose, both teams can come away and still accomplish their goals for the season. ...first the playoffs, then the SB.

Should be fun to watch. Nothing more. This isn't do or die.... which makes me think that Dallas will win. It's the do or die games that we have crumbled in. These meaningless ones that we win always give us a false sense that we are better than we are. Fans and media start to get big heads about it... and then they come crashing and the fans and media start bashing the boys again. Once continuous cycle. Been there, done that with this story guys.
Of course this isn't do or die, but this is the middle of the season, teams are getting ready for the home stretch to the playoffs and this is a first place game in the NFC BEAST, where every single game counts and any game won creates that much more room for error. This is a game for first place in the NFC East heading into the second half of the season, this is going to be good stuff.

/Hype.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course this isn't do or die, but this is the middle of the season, teams are getting ready for the home stretch to the playoffs and this is a first place game in the NFC BEAST, where every single game counts and any game won creates that much more room for error. This is a game for first place in the NFC East heading into the second half of the season, this is going to be good stuff.

/Hype.
Who cares about 1st place in the division at this point of the season??? LOLZ.

It's one of those things that is nice, but holds no substance.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

DeSean for MVP?

Quote:
I'm not saying DeSean Jackson has my vote locked up, but as midseason approaches, don't you at least have to include the second-year Eagles receiver on the short list of MVP candidates? Every one of Jackson's touchdowns have been the stuff of highlight-reel, and with Sunday's 54-yard scoring catch against the Giants factored in, the former Cal standout now has four touchdowns as a receiver, one as a rusher and one as a punter returner.
I'm not saying I agree because I don't see that happening at all but, DeSean is a big play waiting to happen and defense really respect his big play ability. Also he has IMO proven that he might be the most explosive player in football with his 6 touchdowns for 50 or more yards, along with 6 receptions of 40 or more yards, 4 punt returns for over 20 yards and 2 runs for over 20 yards one of which was a 65 yard touchdown.

Just something I thought was interesting.

And just so everyone knows, DeSean Jackson is the first player to have 6 touchdowns of 50 or more yards in his teams first 7 games since the 1950's when hall of famer Elroy Hirsch in the fifties. The NFL record for 50 yard touchdowns in a season? 8 by Devin Hester and Elroy Hirsch. DeSean Jackson has 6 with more than half of the season to go.

Last edited by Thumper : 11-02-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he continues at this rate, while also increasing his number of receptions per game, I'd like to think he has a chance. It is very rare for a WR to win the MVP though, how many times did Jerry Rice do it?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Desean Jackson is sick and we're all jealous of the Eagles for having him. Can't we just leave it at that?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe team MVP or NFC East MVP.

But a Qb will win it. Peyton or Favre seem like the most realistic choices.

Brady, Brees, and AD will probably in there somewhere as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To put things in perspective, Austin is having a better receiving year than Jackson. As are a bunch of WRs. Granted he's not scoring on punt returns or rushing them in but, as for WR stats, they're pretty close. Even on those big 20+ and 40+ yard plays.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Mike Jenkins better watch himself lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jenkins
"We're just playing the deep balls," Jenkins told the Cowboys' Web site. "The main thing is they try to catch you off-guard. It's yet to happen to us, and we're not planning on it to happen. I guess he runs past a lot of guys, and it's not going to happen this week. It's not going to happen to us, period."
Mike Jenkins, you're a loudmouth who is about to eat your words. And it should be noted you've never even covered DeSean Jackson and he is still saying he can stop him. I hope DeSean catches wind of this.

Edit: And Mike Jenkins shouldn't be talking about getting physical.

Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:

Last edited by Thumper : 12-30-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

That's Cute.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 catches, 29 yards.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
2 catches, 29 yards.
Good game for Terrence Newman.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Indeed...That's why it's a team game.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Anybody else think that the winner of Eagles V. Cowboys is going to take the NFC crown? I think this is going to be a battle not only for division supremacy but for conference supremacy. Whoever wins the game this week will win the NFC, count on it because both teams are better than the Cardinals and Packers and the Vikings and Saints are stumbling to the finish line. Hopefully they don't meet early on again because if they don't they'll likely meet in the NFC Championship game.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Anybody else think that the winner of Eagles V. Cowboys is going to take the NFC crown? I think this is going to be a battle not only for division supremacy but for conference supremacy. Whoever wins the game this week will win the NFC, count on it because both teams are better than the Cardinals and Packers and the Vikings and Saints are stumbling to the finish line. Hopefully they don't meet early on again because if they don't they'll likely meet in the NFC Championship game.
I'm scared of Green Bay more than any other team... including the AFC teams.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm scared of Green Bay more than any other team... including the AFC teams.
Why? They aren't scaring me without Al Harris that defense is vulnerable as the Steelers proved and their offensive line isn't going to survive a meeting with Dallas, Philly or Arizona, just look what the Vikings did to them repeatedly. And Aaron Rodgers gets away with a lot of stuff playing against fluff teams like Seattle but he won't get away with holding onto the ball against the Eagles, Vikings, Cowboys or Cardinals, he'll take to many sacks just like he always does and then after a few good hits he'll get nervous and his QB timer will be running faster than usual and he'll make mistakes.

Oh, I just looked up the stats on Rodgers' game log and realized why you're scared of the Packers, lol I think that game was an isolated event.

But I think that Lambeau Field would've done a lot for them in the playoffs, thankfully they will be on the road all of the playoffs, they'll have to travel into the other teams home and that really puts a dent in things because Lambeau in January is unforgiving.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've said it another thread but the Packers scare the crap out of me as well...for Dallas at least. Primary reason being...they absolutely destroyed our O-line. They threw our lineman around, completely over powered them. They were just stronger at the point of attack, it's not a good match up for us there. That game wasnt even that close. The stats dont paint an accurate picture. Luckily, even a decent pass rush can disrupt things with their below average O-Line. But that defense still embarrassed us. And considering that it was a strength/power issue...I would expect to see a lot of the same problems for our offensive line.

This was also the same game where we had a free man coming in on Romo just about every time he dropped back. Horrible, horrible, horrible job of picking up the blitz against the Packers. It didnt help that Garrett had no interest in some mass protection either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-31-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler