Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I know you weren't talking to me but w/e. He didn't get open, he was smothered all day by Chris Gamble, they shaded safety help over and DeSean didn't do much at WR. Everywhere else? That is a different story, he had 148 all purpose yards.

EDIT: And if anything Jackon's stats will go up, Kolb force feeds him the ball.
Thanks Thumper, I appreciate the feedback. From a team perspective, that's great when he's drawing defenders to his direction. I wouldn't expect McNabb to force feed him. Was anyone emerging as the second WR threat and beating defenders? That's what happened at Cal when Desean faced multiple defenders: Lavelle Hawkins and Robert Jordan saw lots of single coverage and Desean's production went down as a result. I'm not terribly worried about Desean's production, it'll be there over the course of the season, but I think he understands it's about winning games. He has a lot of experience in not getting force fed. Haven't seen Kolb, but it's natural for any untested QB to go to rely on his top playmaker and I have no doubt that Desean's in his ear to throw him the ball. :) He probably has his next three td's celebrations figured out.

That punt return was smooth and sweet though. One step to the right to draw the defenders, and it was almost all over. Regardless of whether he gets into the endzone, he chages the game by giving the Eagles good field position on special teams.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not the best performance from him as a pure WR, but obvioulsy he was a key factor in the win yesterday. He will always get it done somehow, even if it isn't in the ways you would traditionally think...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Not the best performance from him as a pure WR, but obvioulsy he was a key factor in the win yesterday. He will always get it done somehow, even if it isn't in the ways you would traditionally think...
Did he disappoint at the WR position? Curious what he could/should have done better.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Did he disappoint at the WR position? Curious what he could/should have done better.
He had 2 catches for 9 yards... He was double covered a lot, but for the most part, he was shut down.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1:52...Pwned.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

1:52...Pwned.
What does this mean?
Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Anyone smell pro bowl?
Old 09-28-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Anyone smell pro bowl?
Despite my almost total lack of smell, I am beginning to get a whiff of it.

He needs to keep it up though.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Despite my almost total lack of smell, I am beginning to get a whiff of it.

He needs to keep it up though.
Don't tell it to Thumper. He'll beat the homer out of you.

As much as it cracks me up, he needs to do some less dangerous touchdown celebrations. That summersault flip into a baseball slide is as spectacular as I care to see. I need him healthy when McNabb returns.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Don't tell it to Thumper. He'll beat the homer out of you.

As much as it cracks me up, he needs to do some less dangerous touchdown celebrations. That summersault flip into a baseball slide is as spectacular as I care to see. I need him healthy when McNabb returns.
haha, me too, especially when he has a sore groin... supposedly.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey now, I am a huge DeSean fan, I was just being a realist.

But, now this season he looks much improved. So far he has 12 receptions, 259 yards, 21.6 YPC, 2 Touchdowns, 418 all purpose yards, 307 yards from scrimmage and 1 85 yard TD punt return.

DeSean Jackson is on his way to being a superstar, count on it. If he continues his rampant pace, he will have a 1300 yard season and 10 touchdowns. He is on such a roll it isn't funny. He is the best player on the Eagles offense, and is the Eagles best weapon.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

But, now this season he looks much improved. So far he has 12 receptions, 259 yards, 21.6 YPC, 2 Touchdowns, 418 all purpose yards, 307 yards from scrimmage and 1 85 yard TD punt return.

DeSean Jackson is on his way to being a superstar, count on it. If he continues his rampant pace, he will have a 1300 yard season and 10 touchdowns. He is on such a roll it isn't funny. He is the best player on the Eagles offense, and is the Eagles best weapon.
I told you to watch him this season based off of what I saw at TC, and so far, he is doing just that. He isn't getting caught up at the line like last year, which is key. I honestly am not surprised with how he has performed thus far... Espect more of it.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why so many people slept on the guy. He was pure beastly at Cal and was one of my favorite prospects in the draft. I actually was wanting to land him in the second round but I'll gladly take Tracy Porter instead.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:

Haha...I was just messing around. Like I said, he's a baller though. McNabb/Kolb just needed some time to get comfortable with him. A pro qb like McNabb isn't going to start airing it out to a rookie, who's still learning the routes, plus it takes reps to get that timing down. Those things are coming into place now. Like I said, with a guy like that in an offense like the Eagles have, I don't put limitations on what he can do. Don't know about this year, but I will say I've never been impressed with his blocking though.

Ironically, you put him on the Skins, Cleveland, the Rams or a team like that and we're not even talking about how talented he is because he gets shut down, the QB can't get the ball to him, or he does get the ball to him, but he gets blown up by a defender b/c they're forcing to him. Going to the Eagles was just as perfect as a match as I could have imagined, although I've always thought his production would be even more absurd in the Patriots offense.

Last edited by mellojello : 09-28-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
You have no IDEA how good it's going to feel to be able to say "I told you so"
+1 for this post and Soybean's first post.

To the haters, just understand it's over for you.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

mello, no one is ever going to expect DeSean to have a posterizing block, lol, and if he does, whoever is the recipient should just go into hiding. There are many things that DeSean is, but a devastating blocker he is not. As long as he keeps flying to get in between the ball carrier and defenders like he has shown, I will be happy that he is putting forth the effort, lol.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
mello, no one is ever going to expect DeSean to have a posterizing block, lol, and if he does, whoever is the recipient should just go into hiding. There are many things that DeSean is, but a devastating blocker he is not. As long as he keeps flying to get in between the ball carrier and defenders like he has shown, I will be happy that he is putting forth the effort, lol.
That's soooo Desean's blocking-style...he likes to protect his legs too.

It's kind of smart though, since he's not that big and his legs are one of his greatest assets.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's soooo Desean's blocking-style...he likes to protect his legs too.

It's kind of smart though, since he's not that big and his legs are one of his greatest assets.
I know, its something I've seen since he got here, and it does help things out a lot. There were a couple screens and deeper passes last year where he came from 20 yards away, or the opposite side of the field and just slowed down the defender enough that we were either able to make a bigger play out of it, or gave the runner enough time to reach the end zone, and that is more than some of the WRs in the league, who just won't even try...

Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean Jackson owns my balls. Yeah, I said it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean Jackson changes agents

"ESPN 950 in Philadelphia reports that Jackson has fired DeBartolo Sports as his agent. He reportedly intends to sign with Drew Rosenhaus."

This pretty much always means the player wants a new deal.

I know the guy has been balling but he is only a season in a half in to his rookie deal.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
He is on such a roll it isn't funny. He is the best player on the Eagles offense, and is the Eagles best weapon.
The dude is not on a roll, he's just has mad skills - that's just Desean Jackson. McNabb is the best player on the Eagles offense though. There have been a lot of questions surrounding both NcNabb and Desean, but they will validate one another. Neither had the type of player on the other side of the ball they have now.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
What I don't think most realize is that Desean is MUCH smarter than people realize. After securing the ball, he's excellent at preparing for the hit. I'd bet an awful of money that's something he has practiced quite a bit (amonst many things I believe he has practiced). That's just one example of the many small things that Desean is very, very good at.
"I've been fortunate to coach some of the greatest to ever play," Mornhinweg said. "This guy is special, and he's unique...He gets everything very quickly, and he's really smart. Think about his whole career, and how many hits has he taken? I know he took one a couple weeks ago, but he takes very few."
Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Superstar, he has crossed the threshold and is now a legitimate super-star. DeSean Jackson, first ever player to be both the starting returner and the starting punt returner on the pro-bowl team. Did I mention he is the starting WR in a pro-bowl game? Wow.

Just look at the games where he doesn't play 'well' (put up huge stats) like against the Buccaneers and the Broncos, they had to sell out to stop him and against the Bucs Maclin stepped up and burned them and against the Broncos Brent Celek and Jeremy Maclin burned the Broncos defense. Teams are selling out to stop him and they still can't do it, he still managed 4 catches, 33 yards and a touchdown against the Broncos. DeSean has 12 touchdowns on the season and has 1683 all purpose yards. Super star!

Now lets just hope he doesn't take the madden cover.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I don't know why so many people slept on the guy. He was pure beastly at Cal and was one of my favorite prospects in the draft. I actually was wanting to land him in the second round but I'll gladly take Tracy Porter instead.
The draft is still an unsolved mystery imo, but even after an incredible rookie year, people were still sleeping on Desean as far as I'm concerned. Just look back at half of these original posts...
Old 12-30-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Easily good for 10 td's next year.
Preach on.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote