Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 01-01-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys don't see how silly you're being. Arguing about the past to make a point for the future....doesn't work until it's the past. If you understand that....

How bout this guys...both teams have a history of choking or underachieving this past decade....both teams have a great chance at redeeming themselves this January, starting this Sunday.

I really can't get with the **** talking based on past stats....it's really ridiculous and proves nothing. Two different teams....both with SB winning potential. Cowboys won game one. Desean was a non-factor...I hope that continues, eagles fans hope it doesn't. blah blah....I can't wait til sunday.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You know what? You've opened my eyes. The Eagles are not the choke team of the decade. Nah... they're not just limited to that. They are the biggest choke team in the entire history of the NFL!!!

Tony Romo has been a starting QB for 3 years. This is his 4th and history has yet to be written. You have no case. Donovan has failed you 10 seasons in a row. Guess what? That's a decade bro. This is his 11th season and if you believe in your own quotes about history then, he'll choke again this year, like he always does...

Or do you not believe in your own words???
And yet again, I defy you to find me one meaningful game where McNabb single handily lost the Eagles a game or a game when he came out flat and lost, it can't be done. You keep citing the lack of a Lombardi Trophy as the reason, which is really stupid because not one Cowboy has a ring on their finger either and only 3 Cowboys have actually been part of a playoff win, all three of them were signed to the Cowboys as free agents.

And Donovan McNabb has failed 10 seasons in a row? Hardly, he has done his part. I know you're hesitant to reopen the history books but lets take a look. Bam, 2002, the Eagles first NFC Championship game playing on the road against the greatest show on turf, McNabb is about to choke this right? Wrong. McNabb did his part against the Rams as he did against the Buccaneers and Panthers, all with crap weapons. So someone choked didn't they? Indeed and every time the defense choked, every time the defense with Brian Dawkins and Jim Johnson choked, every single time. So who is the choker? McNabb or the defense? The defense.

Maybe this is more 'present' for you... 2009, University of Phoenix Stadium playing the Cardinals, McNabb orchestrated the biggest comeback in NFC Championship history, down 24-6 McNabb led the offense to a 25-24 lead on a bomb to DeSean Jackson, so who choked? Once again the defense choked allowing the Cardinals to drive down the field for a game winning touchdown where the vaunted Jim Johnson defense collapsed in the crunch yet again. So, who is the choker? McNabb? No. It was the defense.

Now we should pay attention here, so the Eagles lost because they lacked weapons and the defense cracked in crunch time. The only way to change history is to change today because nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. Enter change, enter Sean McDermott, enter DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, LeSean McCoy, Michael Vick, Leonard Weaver, Jason Peters, Will Witherspoon, Asante Samuel, Sean Jones, Macho Harris, Moise Fokou, Antonio Dixon. This Eagles team isn't doomed to repeat history because they learned from their mistakes and changed.

But what's changed on the Cowboys? Losing TO only to replace him with a whiny baby Roy Williams and egotistical Miles Austin? Is Wade Phillips any less of a pansy ass? Is Jason Garrett any less dumb? Is Marion Barber anything more than a power runner? Is Felix Jones any less fragile? Is DeMarcus Ware better? How about Jay Ratliff? Nothing has changed on the Cowboys they're still the same choking team filled with weak leaders, weak coaches, egotistical management and fragile players. Nothing has changed and you're expecting different results? That is the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

And no matter what you say, the Cowboys are the biggest choke team of the decade, touted as one of the best teams in the NFL they've won 0 playoff games, won one division title and Romo has lost plenty of games on his own, and you said it yourself, he has been starting for 3 years but what you fail to mention is that he has choked all 3 years, what is that? A 100% average? Romo is a weak leader and will never win a superbowl because he collapses under pressure.

Tony Romo will never achieve as much as Donovan McNabb.

But at least Tony Romo is great in September, October and November right?..
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
What the ****?
Yeah, what the ****? D-unit calling the Eagles inexperienced? The Eagles have 36 players on the team who have won a playoff game meanwhile the Cowboys have 3, Ken Hamlin, Keith Brooking and Igor Olshansky. So who is inexperienced? Not the Eagles, the Cowboys are.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
You guys don't see how silly you're being. Arguing about the past to make a point for the future....doesn't work until it's the past. If you understand that....

How bout this guys...both teams have a history of choking or underachieving this past decade....both teams have a great chance at redeeming themselves this January, starting this Sunday.

I really can't get with the **** talking based on past stats....it's really ridiculous and proves nothing. Two different teams....both with SB winning potential. Cowboys won game one. Desean was a non-factor...I hope that continues, eagles fans hope it doesn't. blah blah....I can't wait til sunday.
I came in here with that attitude but then someone started talking **** and my ego won't let it go. I agree with this. +rep
Old 01-01-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record Thumper...This is the absolute worst picture to post to try to validate your point. LOL! I know we're all fans and whatnot....but really, that just strengthens D-Unit's point. Hahaha @ a NFC championship trophy as your claim to fame in a decade as the starter. If that's the legacy that Tony Romo has to achieve to reach what McNabb has...that's pretty sad.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

For the record Thumper...This is the absolute worst picture to post to try to validate your point. LOL! I know we're all fans and whatnot....but really, that just strengthens D-Unit's point. Hahaha @ a NFC championship trophy as your claim to fame in a decade as the starter. If that's the legacy that Tony Romo has to achieve to reach what McNabb has...that's pretty sad.
You call it pretty sad, but then your QB is not even going to be able to accomplish that feat.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

If I had a dollar for every wrong statement from an opposing fan. I'd be rich.

Only time will tell.....but look...I can do that as well. Romo will win a SB before he's done with football.

Hopefully we'll both be posting to have our opinions confirmed...either/or.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say it, but this isn't the 40's anymore. NFC championships don't mean squat.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I hate to say it, but this isn't the 40's anymore. NFC championships don't mean squat.
Well stated...and was my point. Not to compare the two QB's.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
You call it pretty sad, but then your QB is not even going to be able to accomplish that feat.
How can you and Thumper claim such a thing? You must be laughing at your selves quietly behind your computer. I can't imagine that you are being serious. You're joking... must be. Good one, guys. Good one... just trying to get me riled up, but it's not working... :p Too funny.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Really because that seems pretty significant for a guy who's team hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years.

And are you trying to incite a McNabb v. Romo debate now? McNabb will win this every day of the week, it isn't even close. Come talk to me when Romo even sniffs the kind of success McNabb has had. McNabb is one mediocre season from being in the top 15 in passing yards in NFL history, he is in the top 20 in touchdown passes in NFL history, is in the top 20 for completions in league history and is already a top 7 rushing QB in the history of the NFL. And did you know that McNabb is one of just 4 NFL players EVER to throw for 30,000 yards, 200 touchdowns and rush for 3000 yards and 20 touchdowns he is in that club with John Elway, Frank Tarkenton and Steve Young. That is one of his many claims to fame. That should settle this right? Romo's legacy will not touch McNabb's because McNabb was the franchise QB for a team that was always competitive and he dragged it up from the cellar of the NFL. Donovan has more class than Tony Romo could handle, he is a leader for the entire city but unfortunately the city doesn't respect that, McNabb's legacy isn't just on the field and Romo can't ever dream of touching McNabb's legacy on or off the field.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Really because that seems pretty significant for a guy who's team hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years.

And are you trying to incite a McNabb v. Romo debate now? McNabb will win this every day of the week, it isn't even close. Come talk to me when Romo even sniffs the kind of success McNabb has had. McNabb is one mediocre season from being in the top 15 in passing yards in NFL history, he is in the top 20 in touchdown passes in NFL history, is in the top 20 for completions in league history and is already a top 7 rushing QB in the history of the NFL. And did you know that McNabb is one of just 4 NFL players EVER to throw for 30,000 yards, 200 touchdowns and rush for 3000 yards and 20 touchdowns he is in that club with John Elway, Frank Tarkenton and Steve Young. That is one of his many claims to fame. That should settle this right? Romo's legacy will not touch McNabb's because McNabb was the franchise QB for a team that was always competitive and he dragged it up from the cellar of the NFL. Donovan has more class than Tony Romo could handle, he is a leader for the entire city but unfortunately the city doesn't respect that, McNabb's legacy isn't just on the field and Romo can't ever dream of touching McNabb's legacy on or off the field.
Those are all stats from stats you get when you are old. Plus, he's benefitted from a high passing offense.

You're putting Romo at fault for the last 13 years? Hello? Somebody needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Romo only has 3 seasons under his belt of being a starter.

I can't believe that you actually believe the words coming out of your mouth. McNabb has NEVER lost a game because of his own faults???!!! What the ****? Wasn't it just last year that he was so bad that he got benched in favor of Kevin Kolb? Selective memory must be nice.

Remind your memory that McNabb has played an entire career behind one of the best O-lines in the game and has had some of the best dynamic weapons in the game and STILL hasn't won a SB. Don't tell me the defense has been bad. Every second you have you're trying to convince me that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This is a QB league. It's ALL on McNabb. He's the biggest choker currently in the game.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I stopped reading here. McNabb has been the franchise for a decade. Romo's been at the helm 3 years. After a decade we'll have this conversation. Because your homer glasses aren't letting you see clearly.

Fair?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Those are all stats from stats you get when you are old. Plus, he's benefitted from a high passing offense.

You're putting Romo at fault for the last 13 years? Hello? Somebody needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Romo only has 3 seasons under his belt of being a starter.

I can't believe that you actually believe the words coming out of your mouth. McNabb has NEVER lost a game because of his own faults???!!! What the ****? Wasn't it just last year that he was so bad that he got benched in favor of Kevin Kolb? Selective memory must be nice.

Remind your memory that McNabb has played an entire career behind one of the best O-lines in the game and has had some of the best dynamic weapons in the game and STILL hasn't won a SB. Don't tell me the defense has been bad. Every second you have you're trying to convince me that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This is a QB league. It's ALL on McNabb. He's the biggest choker currently in the game.
Nope he questioned McNabb's legacy and said it would be easy for Romo to match it, he is wrong.

Oh you read that wrong, I said that McNabb hasn't choked a meaningful game because he screwed up nor has he shown up to a meaningful game lost and flat. He has had bad games, but never in a game that was meaningful. All those NFC Championships where he 'choked' were in fact on the defense.

And yes he has has the luxury of playing behind a fantastic offensive line for the majority of his career but McNabb had the most dynamic weapons in the NFL? WHAT!? He had TO for one year and he has had DeSean Jackson for two, thats three years. Other than that McNabb has had the dynamic weapons of Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Na Brown, Greg Lewis, LJ Smith, Matt Schobel, Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis, man how did he not win the big one with all of that? I mean that is totally comparable to playing with TO, Roy Williams, Jason Witten and Terry Glenn and choking. And the defense was very good but they choked in key moments.

Last edited by Thumper : 01-01-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I stopped reading here. McNabb has been the franchise for a decade. Romo's been at the helm 3 years. After a decade we'll have this conversation. Because your homer glasses aren't letting you see clearly.

Fair?
Oh comprehension, where art thou? You said winning the NFC means nothing, I simply said that it should mean something to a guy who's team hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years, nothing to do with Romo and McNabb.

So... you can continue reading.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How can you and Thumper claim such a thing? You must be laughing at your selves quietly behind your computer. I can't imagine that you are being serious. You're joking... must be. Good one, guys. Good one... just trying to get me riled up, but it's not working... :p Too funny.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

since we're posting old pictures of our QB's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Yeah but that is kind of irrelevant in a Eagles v. Cowboys discussion ;) Plus it is kind of hard to argue for Eli being a bad leader after that game.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thumper takes D's bait so easily.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, no. There is no joke. You go around saying things you wont have much accountability for later on and have no problem with it. I'm going to do the same.

I'll wait for Romo to prove me wrong, but I might be waiting awhile.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Waiting shouldn't be too hard a thing for an Eagles fan. 10 years for a SB under the McNabb era....(still waiting...)

Same thing is applied to the entire franchise history....still waiting for that ever elusive SB win.

Waiting is a thing eagles fans do well.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there is still some Chunky Soup stuck to McNabb's face guard.

Mommy has yet to wipe it off.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Waiting shouldn't be too hard a thing for an Eagles fan. 10 years for a SB under the McNabb era....(still waiting...)

Same thing is applied to the entire franchise history....still waiting for that ever elusive SB win.

Waiting is a thing eagles fans do well.
Make the Jets and Bengals look accomplished by comparison.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any playoff victory trophies in there, oh wait...

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thats ummm... odd... Tony Romo's trophy case looks even emptier.... ;)

PS- Those trophies are extremely irrelevant, please find anyone on the Cowboys who has a ring and get back to me on that.