Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I REALLY want Romeus more than I want Brandon Graham (sorry Sniper). This guy is the second coming of Julius Peppers and no one knows about him yet and hopefully no one will really jump on his bandwagon because I want him to be an Eagle.

If today's game showed me anything it was that the Eagles absolutely cannot create enough pressure with their front 4 and I think Romeus would fix that. He stands at an imposing 6'6" and 270 pounds with 4.6 speed, he is incredibly athletic and flexible. One reason I think most people sleep on him is because he is a little bit raw but as it has been noted before he only started playing football his senior year in highschool and prior to that he was a basketball player. As you might be able to tell, Romeus has incredibly long arms and has batted down 5 passes this season and he has blocked 5 kicks in his career. He really blossomed this season, leading a Pitt defense that really had no other playmakers, he notched 8 sacks, 11.5 tackles for a loss and 11 QB hurries and he is only starting to reach his potential.

Lets try a Scott Wright style scouting report on this guy shall we?

Strengths:
Great range --- Long athletic frame with room for growth --- Very athletic --- Loads of potential --- Coachable, has improved every year --- Good first step --- Does a good job in pursuit --- Great body control --- Is able to contort his body to get around tackles --- Very flexible --- Can redirect and find the ball --- Great lateral agility and closing speed --- Great straight line speed --- Flashes the ability to punch, rip off and back up tackles using his length and increasing strength --- Has the ability to keep his ground and stuff the run --- Shows strong and quick hands

Weaknesses:
Is still fairly raw --- Will occasionally lose focus --- Gets away from fundamentals at times and plays too high --- Can be driven off the line --- Can sometimes rely too much on natural ability --- Needs to get stronger --- Might not be able to contribute right away

Notes:
The sky is the limit on Romeus' potential --- Was a star prep basketball star before he played football --- Won team MVP in high school despite it being his first season playing --- Contributed at receiver as well --- Has blocked 4 kicks in his career and batted down 11 passes --- has improved every year at Pitt, getting stronger and improving his game --- Will draw favorable comparisons to Julius Peppers

I really love his potential and I feel like he could develop into the pass rushing force opposite Trent Cole that the Eagles have been searching for.

But I do love the fight and passion that Brandon Graham brings to the table and I feel like he could become a future defensive leader and a player who provides a spark in games like the one against the Cowboys because of his non-stop motor.

I also really like Derrick Morgan but I think he might be out of the Eagles reach by now and might be a top 10 prospect. I am split on Greg Hardy, he is a good pass rusher but I have my doubts that he could hold up at LE full time, he has attitude issues and he has durability issues which makes me hesitant. Everson Griffen has the size at 6'2" and 278 pounds but I don't know if he is a LE or not, he reminds me a little bit of Dwight Freeney and that doesn't translate to the LE spot where you need a big frame and the ability to take on the run nor does he have the instincts and motor to play LE consistently.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote