Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-28-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
shows miles catching a 47 yard pass against the saints with like 3 yards of YAC for td, basically just video evidence of what he said.
Oh, so one play tells the whole story now. K gotcha pocketaces. :p

Like I said... it's not like I'm sitting here saying we haven't done it AT ALL. I'm saying we don't do it enough. If you guys think we do it enough, then that's cool. We just disagree, and that ain't a crime.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd in the league in total offense and 6th in passing. Sure we could throw down field more but why fix it if it aint broken? We need to fix short yardage plays before we work on anything else, thats whats costing us points.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
3rd in the league in total offense and 6th in passing. Sure we could throw down field more but why fix it if it aint broken? We need to fix short yardage plays before we work on anything else, thats whats costing us points.
6th in passing. Hmm.... are we forgetting something here? Consider how much we've passed this season and ignored the run game... Are you really satisfied with 6th? Stats can be deceiving.

If the priority is fixing one before the other, then yeah, short yardage is a bigger concern. I can agree with that. But I just felt like making note of another one of our offense's deficiencies. I miss the big play threats of year's past.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We move the ball well then crap our pants when it comes to scoring. Maybe we should try to throw it deep a little more and maybe we will have more points. Imagine if the Eagles threw deep every once in a while, what would there record be? Chargers?
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
We move the ball well then crap our pants when it comes to scoring. Maybe we should try to throw it deep a little more and maybe we will have more points. Imagine if the Eagles threw deep every once in a while, what would their record be? Chargers?
Really? Throwing deep is the answer? How about picking up a yard against the Chargers on 3 trys? Think that changes the game? How about picking up first downs yesterday in short yardage, think we score more points then? Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the deep ball is the least of our problems.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 12-28-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? Throwing deep is the answer? How about picking up a yard against the Chargers on 3 trys? Think that changes the game? How about picking up first downs yesterday in short yardage, think we score more points then? Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the deep ball is the least of our problems.
Yeah I'm with you, its not a problem. Just discussing possibilities and what ifs. I remember pulling my hair out last year with Jason Garrett sending everyone deep. I'd rather live with what we have going instead of what we had last year.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I three-peat. It isn't our biggest problem.

We have redzone issues, kicker issues, short yardage issues, secondary issues, runs up the middle issues, LBs in coverage issues, Flozell issues, Roy Williams issues, OC issues, HC issues, Owner issues... have I left anything out??? LOL.

With a Jim Mora face on....

"Issue's??! Issues???! You talkin' about Issues??!!"
Old 12-28-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I three-peat. It isn't our biggest problem.

We have redzone issues, kicker issues, short yardage issues, secondary issues, runs up the middle issues, LBs in coverage issues, Flozell issues, Roy Williams issues, OC issues, HC issues, Owner issues... have I left anything out??? LOL.

With a Jim Mora face on....

"Issue's??! Issues???! You talkin' about Issues??!!"
And yet we are 10-5 and playing for the division:D

Old 12-28-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Rob I noticed you coming down on LD again. However you praised Koiser in those situations. Did you see the short yardage plays...one of them Koiser was pushed back 4 yards before Barber had the ball. Koiser is also trash in short yardage.
Kosier can manipulate by moving his feet. Davis can not. Does not mean I am praising Kosier.

And fact is the MBIII failures were almost all behind Davis.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And yet we are 10-5 and playing for the division:D
I love what we've done, but we can't act like we've actually accomplished anything yet.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Matt Mosley NFC East Blog on ALL PROs

...... "LG Kyle Kosier (Don't laugh. I'm told by scouts that he's been the Cowboys' most consistent offensive lineman)."
Old 12-29-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post

...... "LG Kyle Kosier (Don't laugh. I'm told by scouts that he's been the Cowboys' most consistent offensive lineman)."
Yeah I was going to post this myself but you beat me to it.

But anyways, that throw to Miles against the saints.... It looked too easy.. I know we are capable of doing that if we get the protection up front.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I dunno what that means... It doesn't mean best or else they would've just said he's been the Best Lineman.

Consistent... just means steady to me.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I dunno what that means... It doesn't mean best or else they would've just said he's been the Best Lineman.

Consistent... just means steady to me.
I would interpret that to mean consistently good. Kyle is consistently good.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

They were talking about pro bowlers for our team and he said Kosier will most likely be on the pro bowl team.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kosier has been underappreciated his entire time here.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I would interpret that to mean consistently good. Kyle is consistently good.
I have no problems with calling him "consistently good" too. I think he deserves that after this season. He hasn't given any reason to be bashed this year. Even his penalties are down. As a whole the OL has been a pleasant success this year. Even with Colubmo going down, Free has stepped up. Gurode has been steady. Davis does his thing. Flo frustrates me more than anyone, but I think this is the last year of enduring him.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Kosier has been underappreciated his entire time here.
Uh... no he hasn't. This is his first good year with us. Not like he's always deserved this praise.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
They were talking about pro bowlers for our team and he said Kosier will most likely be on the pro bowl team.
How many Guards are selected? 4? I dunno if he's gonna make Top 4 in the NFC.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uh... no he hasn't. This is his first good year with us. Not like he's always deserved this praise.
That's completely untrue. He was very good in 07 and I think we realized how important he is to the line last year when he was gone.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's completely untrue. He was very good in 07 and I think we realized how important he is to the line last year when he was gone.
No. He was shaky and inconsistent in '07... Nothing praiseworthy by any means. He cost us the Giants game in the playoffs with his poor blocking (even getting chewed out by Romo ON THE FIELD).

Cory Proctor makes anyone look missed in '08. Besides, who gets praised for being injured? What a joke.

2 bad years, 1 good year. Only now does he deserve any praise.

Just ask yourself... Was he a Pro Bowler in '07 or '08? The answer is quite simply NO.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I never said he was a pro bowler.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-29-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I never said he was a pro bowler.
Right. I guess you didn't. But at what point was he underappreciated? He's being appreciated now for finally producing. Prior to this season, he never deserved praise, imo.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
JoeyHeisman
Rookie

JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best way to describe Kosier in the past would probably be just straight average. This year he's played really well though. And I loved how Doug Free played against Washington.
JoeyHeisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very impressed with Free today as well! He has really stepped up. Romo's success is a combination of protection and his ability to buy time. Things could have been a lot different if Free wouldn't have stepped up after Colombo's injury.
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote