Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Charles

OPOTY: Charles

DPOTY: Hali (honorable mention Brandon Flowers)

ROTY: Succop

Biggest Surprise: Chambers

Biggest disappointment: WR play in general

Look Out for: Tim Castille (as long as he's not throwing lol)
Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: No brainer, Charles.

OPoTY: Again, Charles.

DPoTY: Glenn Dorsey. Hali was a beast, but Dorsey played extremely well for us at a new position, too. It's one where you generally don't stand out, but he stood out.

RoTY: It's gotta be Ryan Succop. He is clutch.

Biggest surprise: Again I'll give this to Charles. We all knew he would be solid to good here, but not this good. Kid is money.

Biggest disappointment: Toss up between safety / linebacker play or WR play. Leading the league in drops is obviously something every team tries to avoid but our linebacker play was just atrocious.

Look out for: I like the Cottam pick. I've been saying that I wanted this kid to get more reps and I was really impressed when he was out there. I'm not very high on Pope, Sean Ryan or O'Connel to say the least.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Ryan O'Callaghan a starter for us at RT going into the future? Or is RT a position of need for us?

I like what I saw from Albert yesterday. He really stepped up and makes me confident in the LT position going forward. We're really going to need to get a WR in the off-season. Teams will be focusing on Charles next year, and we'll have to take advantage of that through the air. Bowe was a huge disappointment this year.

On defense, is DJ a legit starter at ILB for the future? What about Brandon Carr? Ron Edwards?

I haven't seen many games this year, so you boys will have to help me out here...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd consider Right Tackle a need. O'Callaghan has done a good job in the run game, but the complete opposite in terms of pass protection. The Chiefs have to focus on making sure Cassel needs to survive a full season.

MVP: Jamaal Charles
OPotY: Matt Cassel - Wanted to name someone else as OPotY. The fact he actually survived 15 weeks of bad pass protection and a receiving group that led the NFL in drops says a lot. Give him something to actually work with in terms of protection and threats at receiver and this kid is going to be a leader.
DPotY: Tamba Hali - Before the season began, almost every Chiefs fan was writing him off as a bust. Now he looks like a legitimate terror that will probably give Ryan Clady nightmares during the offseason.
RotY: Ryan Succop - More like Mr. Quite Relevant
Biggest Surprise: Glenn Dorsey - He's proving he can be a factor in a 3-4.
Biggest Disappoint: Dwayne Bowe - This should be no contest between the stone hands and the 4 game suspensions.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say the biggest surprise was Tamba Hali. I thought he could play DE decently as long as a good end played opposite, but I didn't think he had the athleticism to play OLB in the 3-4. He still has a lot of work to do, he kept zero contain this year and I don't know if they ever asked him to drop into coverage. If the Chiefs can get another pass rush threat or two we will be able to see if Hali can play a complete OLB.

I wouldn't call Cassel a disappointment at all. His statistics weren't that much better than Thigpen's last year and he was coming to a much less talented offense. If anything, he showed me a lot of toughness, determination and leadership. He survived behind that offensive line and that's impressive.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like Cassel don't get me wrong. He is tough, and looks like a leader. I was just hoping for more from him going into the year.

I know the surrounding cast is sub-par, but he did not seem to make many plays despite his teammates. He just seemed to play to their level and not rise above it.

Right now, it seems he is as only as good as the talent around him, and that disappoints me.

Sig by BoneKrusher
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crennel interested in Giants job

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...s_defensi.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is bad. Pendergast is an absolutely horrible DC. The one defensive coach I thought did anything positive this year was Krum, and he was fired.

This does not sound good...

Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where did you hear Krum was fired?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Where did you hear Krum was fired?
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1...e-dl-coach-tim

Multiple sources though. It was originally reported by La Canfora or w/e his name is. D:

Old 01-05-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't mind if they keep Pendergast but not as DC they need someone that knows how to run a 3-4 full time.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't mind if they keep Pendergast but not as DC they need someone that knows how to run a 3-4 full time.
I said, demote Pendergast to DL coach and hire Crennel. Perfect.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I said, demote Pendergast to DL coach and hire Crennel. Perfect.
And draft McClain!!!

Money...
Old 01-06-2010, 03:39 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This is bad. Pendergast is an absolutely horrible DC. The one defensive coach I thought did anything positive this year was Krum, and he was fired.

This does not sound good...
Ugh. I guess Pendergast stole the blackmail man love photos with Clark Hunt from Krumrie hence Clancy will get another shot and Tim is looking for work now.

There really is no other way to explain this, sigh
Old 01-06-2010, 08:47 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=Igns

:D :D :D
Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm not giving up on Crennel either. Schefter is usually right with his "rumors", as much as I don't like the man.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm not holding my breath on either.

If I had to pick one I would take Crennel over Weis since I feel DC is a bigger need.

That said to even get one would be awesome and both would be a dream.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crennel is more important to get.

Not that I'd turn away Weis, but the playcalling issues on offense went away in the second half... Haley was running a damn good offense by the end of hte year. The only problems offensively were the drops (#1) and inconsistent pass pro (#2). Weis brings a lot to the table, but the offense is already well on its way to being successful without him.

The defense has a lot of schematic issues, and Pendergast doesn't do a good job in choosing players for his defense. You have to have coordinators who off-set the head coach's personality. Romeo is perfect.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs have work cut out for them with contracts The Kansas City Star
Old 01-06-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

btw Krum was'nt fired his contract ran up and he was not retained.and he should go.only 1 sack by the DL is not good
Old 01-06-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weis named Chiefs OC per ESPN.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

WOOOOO great freaking news
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

THANK GOD!

Now just to get Crennel to run the defense!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am so happy
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
i am so happy
My happiness is more then your happiness.