Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Steelers 2010 Draft Discussion

I think this board needs a new thread for 2010!

Anyway, some quick info from a reporter at steelcityinsider.com:

"Just heard two names the Steelers like: Sean Weatherspoon and Corey Wootton. So, Spikes may not be the MLB of their eye."

http://twitter.com/jimwexell/status/7428204212

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think they need Wooten more than Weatherspoon.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Weatherspoon a lot. I wouldn't put a first rounder on him, though. My eye is on Daryl Washington and Sean Lee in the third round if they were available.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I think this board needs a new thread for 2010!

Anyway, some quick info from a reporter at steelcityinsider.com:

"Just heard two names the Steelers like: Sean Weatherspoon and Corey Wootton. So, Spikes may not be the MLB of their eye."

http://twitter.com/jimwexell/status/7428204212
Hmm, interesting. I though that after getting Hood the FO wouldn't pursue another 3-4 end with the first pick, but anything can happen.

I'd read somewhere that Weatherspoon wasn't exactly a great fit in a 3-4 scheme, and I think he'd be an ILB. Am I right on this?

Odrick I think is a better fit as a 3-4 DE for where we're picking.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Wootton's injury woes, he could fall to the second or maybe third for us to take. I wouldn't risk a first on him, but a second would be awesome. Maybe they're thinking on moving Ziggy to NT?
Old 01-06-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lovin me some dan lefevur

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this mock on another site just wanted to know what you guys thought

1.Earl Thomas S Texas

2.Brandon Spikes LB Florida

3.Sergio Kindle LB Texas

I like Thomas as a play maker and I like the pick, Spikes would be a good value in the second. I really doubt Kindle falls all the way to the 3rd. If he has a great national championship game he could shoot up boards

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would go nuts for that draft

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

For many, Kindle is a one trick pony and that is strictly a pass rusher. He also has character issues that might cause him to drop. I doubt he lasts that far, but noone saw Duke Robinson or other top players drop for that reason.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick Three Round Mock

1.Donovan Warren CB Michigan

2.Reshad Jones S Georgia

3.Sean Lee LB Penn State

4.Charles Scott RB LSU

5.Sean Canfield QB Oregon State

6.Adam Ulatoski OT Texas

7.Micky Shuler TE Penn State

Mike Tirico

Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Quick Three Round Mock

1.Donovan Warren CB Michigan

2.Reshad Jones S Georgia

3.Sean Lee LB Penn State

4.Charles Scott RB LSU

5.Sean Canfield QB Oregon State

6.Adam Ulatoski OT Texas

7.Micky Shuler TE Penn State
I think we are negligent if we don't bring in another young D-lineman amidst one of the strongest classes in years.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I added a 4,5, and 7 round pick assuming we get them for McFadden, Washington, and Leftwich

1) Earl Thomas S Texas*
2) Corey Wootton DE Northwestern
3) Matt Tennant C Boston College
4a) Sean Lee LB Penn State
4b) Al Woods DT LSU
5a) Barry Church S Toledo
5b) Darius Marshall RB Marshall*
6) Sam Young OT Notre Dame
7a) Adrian Tracy OLB William and Mary
7b) Sergio Render G Virginia Tech
Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I added a 4,5, and 7 round pick assuming we get them for McFadden, Washington, and Leftwich

1) Earl Thomas S Texas*
2) Corey Wootton DE Northwestern
3) Matt Tennant C Boston College
4a) Sean Lee LB Penn State
4b) Al Woods DT LSU
5a) Barry Church S Toledo
5b) Darius Marshall RB Marshall*
6) Sam Young OT Notre Dame
7a) Adrian Tracy OLB William and Mary
7b) Sergio Render G Virginia Tech
That would be awesome, only thing we need would be CB.

Thomas is the second best playmaker (defensive back) in the draft after Berry, IMO. Only concern is his size and how well he'll hold up, but it's nothing too shabby.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
That would be awesome, only thing we need would be CB.

Thomas is the second best playmaker (defensive back) in the draft after Berry, IMO. Only concern is his size and how well he'll hold up, but it's nothing too shabby.
I don't think we need a corner. We drafted two and we do not know anything about them. Plus we have *** and Ike. I heard Townsend tell the Pittsburgh radio on ESPN that he plans on playing another 2-3 years. If anything, we can sign a vet corner like Bodden. I also heard that Thomas can play both corner and safety.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Finnegans Wake
Rookie

Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.

1. Dan Williams, NT, Tenn. McClain and Haden will be gone; Williams can infuse the line with some more youth. Williams gets the nod over Cody, as Tomlin's had his fill of NTs with conditioning problems. If the Steelers tag Hampton, Williams could play some 40 fronts on passing downs.

2. Dexter McCluster, RB/WR/KR, Ole Miss. Some are scared off McCluster's slight frame, but consider what a smallish DeSean Jackson has done with Philly. McCluster (4.32 40, est.) would give an immediate STs boost, could potentially be the COP back in FWP's place, and is emerging as a decent receiver. A triple threat.

3. Robert Johnson, S, Utah. The "Human Eraser" seems to have gotten lost in a flush crop of safeties, but at 6'2", 200#, and running a 4.52, he could play FS or, if needed, switch to strong. Ryan Clark is 30 and did not play well without Troy, and Ty Carter has to go.

4. Walter Thurmond, CB, Ore. Injury special. If the Steelers don't invest a high round pick in a CB, it's because they want to see if they can develop Burnett, Lewis, and the oft-targeted ***. But Thurmond, Jairus Byrd's old teammate, could have been a first day pick were it not for a knee injury.

5. Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame. Olsen is an under-valued center who can potentially push Legursky and Stapleton for the starting job after Hartwig moves on. (Hartwig allowed 7 sacks this season.)

5. (comp for Nate Washington). Adam Ulatoski, OT, Texas. At worst, badly needed depth at the tackle position. He's played LT at a major program but looks to lack the speed to protect the blind. Has the size you'd like in a RT, which might (finally) allow Willie Colon to flip in to RG, where he would be a monstrous run-blocker.

6. Danny Batten, DE, S. Dakota St. Productive at small program, should have intriguing triangle numbers to make him worth a developmental pick. Will need a year or two of strength & conditioning, not to mention coaching, but could have nice upside.

6. (comp. for Bryant McFadden). Arthur Moats, OLB, James Madison. A DE at James Madison, Moats will more resemble the "undersized" James Harrison than he will LaMarr Woodley. At 6'0" 250#, he runs a 4.58, notched 90 tackles, 23.5 TFL and 11 sacks this year to go with 65, 15.5 and 11.5 last year. Steelers have absolutely zero OLB depth, and Moats is an intriguing small school prospect.

7. Andre Sexton, SS/ILB, Okla. St. Sexton played both SS and OLB collegiately, and has 4.54 speed and over 300 career tackles. At 6'0" 224#, he'd provide a helluva thump at SS, and at ILB he's only about 10# under Farrior's playing weight. Sadly, Farrior is a liability in coverage, and whiffed badly on several critical 3rd down stops this season. Sexton would be better suited to LB in our scheme, where his speed would be a phenomenal assett, but he could potentially get a look at SS.

Notes: somewhat less confident about our comp picks than HWJ. Washington got the biggest deal and significant playing time, but compared to other FA deals it wasn't that big. Bryant got some playing time but was signed on the cheap. Leftwich was signed cheap and benched early.

Last edited by Finnegans Wake : 01-08-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Finnegans Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think we won't have a real shot at Earl Thomas or Mays. But in the second round I do like Morgan Burnett, 6-1 210 lbs. I'm trying to find out more about him, but so far what I found wasn't to bad. He is sure handed, doesn't quite make the plays on the ball, but if the ball hits him in the hands its his. I'm still trying to find out more about him.

I think we end up drafting a tackle this year. Maybe Trent Williams? He can either wait on the bench until next year something the steelers are found of doing. Or since he can play both tackle positions he can play RT and end up bumping Willie inside like many of you want. Either until he is ready for LT or we land an elite LT.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also for those of you concerned with Thomas size look no further than Ryan Clark.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think Trent Williams is better suited as a RT which wouldn't be horrible, but I'd like Starks to move back there and for us to draft a true LT.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of good safeties to be possibly had in the first 2 rounds. I would love Thomas in the 1st and I'm really hoping that's a possibility when draft time rolls around.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does this safety class and the early declarees effect your positioning on when to draft another safety. Go for Earl Thomas in the 1st and pick up some offensive line in the second or go best player available then draft safety in the second or later?

I still would not mind going S/CB in the first two rounds if the value is there. For some reason, I'd like to see Bulaga in Pittsburgh. His combine will elevate him. Bruce Campbell does not fit the Stillers way, and he is the least polished of the LT prospects.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

What do you guys think of Donovan Warren from Michigan

Mike Tirico

Old 01-12-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you guys think of Donovan Warren from Michigan
Love him! He could turn out to be a major beast! If we are gonna draft a CB, Warren in round 2 would be awesome :p
Old 01-12-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Love him! He could turn out to be a major beast! If we are gonna draft a CB, Warren in round 2 would be awesome :p
Not worth taking in the first?

Mike Tirico

Old 01-12-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
How does this safety class and the early declarees effect your positioning on when to draft another safety. Go for Earl Thomas in the 1st and pick up some offensive line in the second or go best player available then draft safety in the second or later?

I still would not mind going S/CB in the first two rounds if the value is there. For some reason, I'd like to see Bulaga in Pittsburgh. His combine will elevate him. Bruce Campbell does not fit the Stillers way, and he is the least polished of the LT prospects.
If Thomas isn't there at 18, I would go with OT or DL in round 1. Also, Campbell has the most potential out of any OT in this draft. He has the most potential to be the best. He is very raw. He's just like Jared Gaither who is a hell of a tackle for the Ravens.

Quote:
Not worth taking in the first?
I have him as a second rounder, but he's a really good man to man corner. He's improving in run support and has pretty good ball skills.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st Quick Mock of the Year!

1. Brian Bulaga - OT - Iowa - 6'6" - 315lbs

2. Brian Price - NT - UCLA - 6'2" - 310lbs

3. Eric Norwood - OLB/ILB - SC - 6'1" - 252lbs

4. Vince Ogobaase - DE - Duke - 6'5" - 305lbs

5. Kurt Coleman - FS/SS - OSU - 5'10" - 200lbs

5. (comp for Nate Washington) Ed Wang (lol) - OT - VT - 6'5" - 310lbs

6. Boo Robinson - NT - Wake Forrest - 6'1" - 310lbs

6. (comp. for Bryant McFadden) Devin Ross - CB - Arizona - 6'00" - 180lbs

7. LeMarcus Coker - RB - Hampton - 5'10" - 205lbs

Maybe abit optimistic at times...but id be happy with it. What you guys think?