Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
clausen is the only qb worth #1 right now. st. louis can't afford to use undrafted qb's or pay bulger more to be unproductive. they need a qb.
I agree Clausen should be the pick.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
I agree Clausen should be the pick.
You do know QBs will be available in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds.....right?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rockio42,

Thanks for your commentary on my mock draft. Let me just say that I am far from finished.

I too was also thinking LB as a possibility in the 3rd round. However I decided that if Pitta was still there he could be a very valuable offensive weapon. Our passing game is atrocious.

I saw Dan Lefevour tonight in the GMAC Bowl and he was everything I had hoped. Big, strong arm, VERY mobile for a guy his size, smart and tons of composure.

I do think that Freddie Barnes could possibly fall to the first pick of the 6th round. He said a few weeks ago that his fastest 40 time last summer was a 4.62. He also admitted that, being a qb coming out of high school, he had not gotten in much speed work. This tells me that he will probably run in the mid-4.5's at the combine, which will not excite anyone, but that he could get faster down the road. His hands are excellent and, though he is not super fast, he always seems to get open and knows how to move the sticks. He is also a great athlete and can throw the ball. I think he could bring some offensive consistency to a team that desperately needs it.

Deji Karim is the top rated RB from the FCS. He is 5'11" and 200 lbs with great quickness and excellent breakaway speed. Scored 18 TD's this year and had nearly 1700 yards after missing all of 2008 with a knee injury, which tells me he has a very strong work ethic. Rushed for over 100 yards 9 times this year, including two 200 yard games. Also caught 17 passes for 216 yards and a TD. Also returned kicks for a 35 yard average. Went to the same school as Brandon Jacobs. Below is a link.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...hing-to-campus
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.101espn.com/post/32314_th...wednesday_1610

Nice interview with Devaney on 101.1

Scroll down to listen if you want.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:24 AM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched LeFevour tonight in the Bowl game and he looked good. If we can get him in the 3rd or 4th round that would be a steal. I am sure his stock will rise with work outs.

It will be interesting to watcth the National Championship Game. A lot of big time prospects will be on the field from both teams.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
yes, i'm aware of this. however, can you endure another season of watching a injury plagued by injures or having a combo of boller/null again? no. he is the best qb in the draft & this team has not had a solid qb since warner left. it's time st.louis goes after a new qb.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes, i'm aware of this. however, can you endure another season of watching a injury plagued by injures or having a combo of boller/null again? no. he is the best qb in the draft & this team has not had a solid qb since warner left. it's time st.louis goes after a new qb.
you can't go into the season thinking there is just going to be a **** load of injuries again

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Uh....of course.

What QBs later look like decent picks to you? Obviously, I'm against wasting a good pick on a QB that simply won't make it in the NFL, like Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.

The best bet of being a good QB in this draft is Jimmy Clausen. Unfortunately, Jake Locker hurt the top of this draft by not declaring.

Last edited by PossumBoy9 : 01-07-2010 at 12:54 PM.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
Uh....of course.

What QBs later look like decent picks to you? Obviously, I'm against wasting a good pick on a QB that simply won't make it in the NFL, like Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.

The best bet of being a good QB in this draft is Jimmy Clausen. Unfortunately, Jake Locker hurt the top of this draft by not declaring.
Tony Pike, Colt McCoy, Dan Lefevour, Sean Canfield.......and now Jevan Snead. All could be starting Quarterbacks at the next level that won't cost a 1st round pick.

I'd take Sam Bradford or Tony Pike over Jimmy Clausen.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
you can't go into the season thinking there is just going to be a **** load of injuries again
with bulger as a starting qb in the league yes...i did go into this season thinking that.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speculation that Bulger may retire...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...6?OpenDocument

But his agent does his best Lee Corso impression and pulls a "Not so fast"...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...3?OpenDocument
Old 01-08-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

bulger should. he makes too much money & is prone to getting hurt all the time. a new qb via draft, free agency, or trade is something that needs to be done.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bulger should. he makes too much money & is prone to getting hurt all the time. a new qb via draft, free agency, or trade is something that needs to be done.
I doubt he's considering retirement because he makes too much money. I imagine he's considering it because he doesn't want to continue risking his post-football quality of life by continuing to get pummeled behind the Rams' inconsistent offensive line. Like him or not (and I think it's clear some just don't), he's taken an absolute beating in his career.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Per the Post Dispatch, the contract status of every Rams player...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...2?OpenDocument
Old 01-08-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I doubt he's considering retirement because he makes too much money. I imagine he's considering it because he doesn't want to continue risking his post-football quality of life by continuing to get pummeled behind the Rams' inconsistent offensive line. Like him or not (and I think it's clear some just don't), he's taken an absolute beating in his career.
my point the whole time is st louis needs someone fresh. not saying they will pan out any better due to the horrible line they have but some new legs need to be back there.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
my point the whole time is st louis needs someone fresh. not saying they will pan out any better due to the horrible line they have but some new legs need to be back there.
Agreed, and I'm not sure anyone disagrees with the need for a QB of the future. The only debate is how the Rams get him.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was watching NFL Live and saw that Joshua Cribbs wants a trade. Does anyone see the Rams going after a player like him. We have never had a return man like him and his speed would help on the offense. Depending on what they are asking I would like to see him in a Rams uniform.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Was watching NFL Live and saw that Joshua Cribbs wants a trade. Does anyone see the Rams going after a player like him. We have never had a return man like him and his speed would help on the offense. Depending on what they are asking I would like to see him in a Rams uniform.
Danny Amendola doesn't have break away speed and probably won't return a lot of touchdowns, but he was very very good this year at returning, not saying that that should stop the Rams from looking at this, but its probably not a high priority for the front office

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:11 AM    (permalink
JMAX12
Rookie

JMAX12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rd 1- Suh- this guy is a beast, he almost single handedly beat texas. carriker has been a bust so far, because he hasnt been able to get on the field do to injuries.

Rd 2- 1st option- OLB Sean Witherspoon, 2nd Option DE Chris Wooton- 3rd option DE Greg Hardy. These three players are all projected late first round as of now. one's draft stock may slip a little, if not one of them is bound to drop out of the first.

Rd 3- Colt McCoy/Tony Pike- Both are tough guys. If any question of Colt McCoys minor shoulder injury comes up he may slide, he also has the athletisism to escape pressure and even run the ball. Tony Pike is big and has shown that he can play through injuries, something that we havnt seen much of with Bulger.

Rd 4- im kind of up in the air with pick. we could draft a WR, we could pick up a DE or OLB based on what we picked before

Rd 5- RB LaMarcus Coker- Runs around a 4.30 40 yard dash his fastest time was a 4.28. He would be a great change of pace back and would take some off of the huge load SJ carries. He started for Tennessee in 2007 but was kicked off the team for drugs. He transfered to Hampton College. I looked into his character issues and coaches teammates and himself have all came out and said over the last 2 years he has matured.

6 and 7 rounds and Eagles pick and i do believe we got a pick from the Falcons- just find some hidden talent
JMAX12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:11 AM    (permalink
JMAX12
Rookie

JMAX12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Rams Draft

Rd 1- Suh- this guy is a beast, he almost single handedly beat texas. carriker has been a bust so far, because he hasnt been able to get on the field do to injuries.

Rd 2- 1st option- OLB Sean Witherspoon, 2nd Option DE Chris Wooton- 3rd option DE Greg Hardy. These three players are all projected late first round as of now. one's draft stock may slip a little, if not one of them is bound to drop out of the first.

Rd 3- Colt McCoy/Tony Pike- Both are tough guys. If any question of Colt McCoys minor shoulder injury comes up he may slide, he also has the athletisism to escape pressure and even run the ball. Tony Pike is big and has shown that he can play through injuries, something that we havnt seen much of with Bulger.

Rd 4- im kind of up in the air with pick. we could draft a WR, we could pick up a DE or OLB based on what we picked before

Rd 5- RB LaMarcus Coker- Runs around a 4.30 40 yard dash his fastest time was a 4.28. He would be a great change of pace back and would take some off of the huge load SJ carries. He started for Tennessee in 2007 but was kicked off the team for drugs. He transfered to Hampton College. I looked into his character issues and coaches teammates and himself have all came out and said over the last 2 years he has matured.

6 and 7 rounds and Eagles pick and i do believe we got a pick from the Falcons- just find some hidden talent
JMAX12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAX12 View Post

Rd1 - Agreed
Rd2 - I think we need to address the QB or WR position first. Our defense wasn't so much the problem last year as was our offense. We just can't afford to overlook the receiver position until round 4 or 5 again.
Rd3 - QB or WR depending on what we take in the 2nd round.
Rd4 - Another receiver or TE.
Rd5 - Starting bolstering our LBs and defensive backfield.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
Rd1 - Agreed
Rd2 - I think we need to address the QB or WR position first. Our defense wasn't so much the problem last year as was our offense. We just can't afford to overlook the receiver position until round 4 or 5 again.
Rd3 - QB or WR depending on what we take in the 2nd round.
Rd4 - Another receiver or TE.
Rd5 - Starting bolstering our LBs and defensive backfield.
Yes WR was a problem this year but only because of injuries...Avery was hurt and didn't play like he did as a rookie, I expect him to improve this year. Robinson was a beast until the ACL and if he comes back then we have a good 1-2. Gibson should only get better and was pretty good last year despite playing as a number 2 as a fifth rounder. Take away that one drop in New Orleans and Danny Amendola was almost flawless this past year. I agree we need WR but its not a first two round need.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

I saw that Aaron Hernandez declared for the draft. He is the TE out of Floirda. The guy is a stud and we have never had an elite TE. McMichael is a FA this year and everyone else we have is not very good. What about taking Suh with the #1 pick and Hernandez in the 2 round. I have not seen much on his draft status but a TE will help a young or in expereinced QB with easy routes and will help stretch the field so WR get more one on ones.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Yes WR was a problem this year but only because of injuries...Avery was hurt and didn't play like he did as a rookie, I expect him to improve this year. Robinson was a beast until the ACL and if he comes back then we have a good 1-2. Gibson should only get better and was pretty good last year despite playing as a number 2 as a fifth rounder. Take away that one drop in New Orleans and Danny Amendola was almost flawless this past year. I agree we need WR but its not a first two round need.
WR was not just a problem because of injuries, though. The guys on the field had a lot of difficulty getting separation and consistently catching the football. There were also some route issues. Maybe some of this gets fixed with more experience, but all of these guys had chances to emerge this season on a team that was hungry for receiver help and none really did.

I think you've exaggerated Robinson's impact this season by calling him a beast, as well. Project his numbers out to a full season and I don't think he even breaks 900 yards. Gibson showed flashes but struggled with consistency from week to week, IMO. Amendola is at best IMO a slot receiver. I don't see him being more than a #3 or #4 here. I don't think this team views wide receiver as one of the top priorities, but they need playmakers, and if a receiver with legit #1 potential is there at the top of the second, you have to consider it IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I saw that Aaron Hernandez declared for the draft. He is the TE out of Floirda. The guy is a stud and we have never had an elite TE. McMichael is a FA this year and everyone else we have is not very good. What about taking Suh with the #1 pick and Hernandez in the 2 round. I have not seen much on his draft status but a TE will help a young or in expereinced QB with easy routes and will help stretch the field so WR get more one on ones.
I think the Rams could definitely use a legit starting tight end, especially if they don't make a significant addition to the receiving corps. If Hernandez ends up being good value at the top of the second, then I think you have to consider it. That being said, right now I think there would be other prospects of better value at that spot.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with drafting Suh #1 in the 2nd round we look at offense either QB, WR, or TE, Jermaine Gresham in the 2nd round is he falls would be a great pick up

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote