Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Unfortunately, Holmgren is a 4-3, WCO guy. Mangini isn't and I don't believe the 2 cannot co exist together. I agree that Mangini deserves another year but I doubt he will get it from Holmgren if Holmgren has the authority to fire him.
Holmgren needs his people in charge from top to bottom of the organization, what good is bringing in his people who know the 4-3 and WCO if the team is running different systems. This is just typical Lerner fumbling and forces the team to change HC's whether they like it or not.
As for Quinn, he is on even shakier ground if Holmgren brings in a new HC. A WCO QB must complete a very high % of his passes for the WCO to work and so far that has been a huge weakness of Quinn in the team's current run.
Why would he fire Rob Ryan and does he really care that much about the D as long as it's good?

That's just an outdated approach to coaching. He's an offensive coach first, and he's taking the GM role.

Iunno, I think more changes will be done to the offense than the D.

Last edited by SenorGato : 12-23-2009 at 07:39 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Mike Holmgren really likes Sam Bradford and he really likes Anquan Boldin. I wonder if he can get them. If he does get them the signs would point to him installing a west coast offense because those two are nearly ideal for that system. Eric Mangini does not run a west coast offense. Also I would expect Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson to be traded.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I don't really understand the logic of this move, especially the longevity of the deal.

Why, in any sport, would you sign a GM to a TEN YEAR DEAL?!?!?!?!

Holmgren certainly isn't unproven as a GM/President, but he really hasn't done anything spectacular to warrant such a massive deal. I really don't understand the process that the Browns went through with this deal and I don't see them getting any better.

Eric Mangini is as good as gone though.
I guess its the amount of years that it will take to rebuild the franchise. That team is a mess all over, but I would trade for the left side of their o-line.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holmgren says that Mangini and entire staff will be back in 2010.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Daboll too? ****!
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Brian Daboll too? ****!
Daboll is going to be Holmgren's little ***** on offense, take that to the bank. I'm not too worried. Holmboy will be the OC, Daboll just a puppet.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Holmgren has a thing or two to teach the boys about offensive coaching. There should be more WCO stuff next year implemented one way or another.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
the magical mangenie
Rookie

the magical mangenie is a cocksman.the magical mangenie is a cocksman.the magical mangenie is a cocksman.the magical mangenie is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
Holmboy will be the OC, Daboll just a puppet.

Figure 1 - Daboll as a Real Boy (thanks to Jimangini Cricket's Magic)

Last edited by the magical mangenie : 01-07-2010 at 04:05 PM.
the magical mangenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best first 6 posts ever??? I don't think there is any doubt.