Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-04-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shane Vereen RB/CB Cal

incoming freshman to Cal. he will either play at RB or CB this year and should get some playing time regardless of the position. he is very quick and deceptively fast. any other thoughts on him or his future?
Old 03-05-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well he wont get PT on the offensive side thats for sure but yeah hes got potential to do some damage defensively
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
snuff

Forsett???
Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played against him twice in high school, and he's damn good. And as good as he was as a runningback, he's just as good at corner. He just blankets people around the field.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Vareen should get playing time as corner but I think he will probably be sprinkled in at RB just like Lynch was as a freshman. Forsett probaly isnt used to carrying the full load and will need another RB to come in periodically

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Unhappy

Im on some of his highlight film unfortunately.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1
Smile

why unfortunately? because USC will play him? anything can happen but im not worried about him as a threat next year being that we shutdown lynch and this guy is a freshman but it will be fun to watch him play in all the other Pac 10 games

Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
why unfortunately? because USC will play him? anything can happen but im not worried about him as a threat next year being that we shutdown lynch and this guy is a freshman but it will be fun to watch him play in all the other Pac 10 games
What? I was talking about myself actually being on some of highlight film in high school trying to tackle him on a kick return.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

you played against him?? thats awesome

Old 03-05-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
What? I was talking about myself actually being on some of highlight film in high school trying to tackle him on a kick return.
what school? we played him this year, and thankfully he is 2 years older than me so i hadn't gotten called up to play varsity yet, i didn't have to face him
Old 03-05-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
what school? we played him this year, and thankfully he is 2 years older than me so i hadn't gotten called up to play varsity yet, i didn't have to face him
THANKFULLY? id be honored if i were to play with him!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hes a step below the other freshman, jahvid best, so hell have some carries, not many though, but he could see time at CB with mixon gone
Old 03-05-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

yah Ill take Best.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Theres also Mike Montgomery who was a highly thought recruit who should vy for the 2nd spot right away hes a rs.FR so he basically is in the same class
Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i wanna see this vid :D

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:

Trabuco Hills, and his quaterback was Californias alltime leading passer Micheal Herrick. Talk about dynamic duo right?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

what position do you play?

Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trabuco Hills, and his quaterback was Californias alltime leading passer Micheal Herrick. Talk about dynamic duo right?
Well, I had to play them two years in a row. My junior and senior seasons in the playoffs. And we almost beat them my senior year, too.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
what position do you play?
WLB, and YFS we got whooped. 66-44 or soemthing along those lines.

And media may have Jahvid Best more touted than Vereen but I don't buy into that. It's Best's track numbers that put him over Vereen.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way Veeren gets time at RB over Jahvid Best. He is a monster, and too bad he didn't come play for the Irish. Though it's fair we had 2 RB recruits in the class.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
THANKFULLY? id be honored if i were to play with him!
i would, in theory, be happy to play with him, but i would be playing against him and i am on special teams so i would have gotten chewed out once he got a touchdown against us
Old 03-06-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

Quote:
ya, too bad herrick wasn't that hyped coming out of high school as he had a really good career. nice guy too as i was friends with his sister
Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
holyschmidt

The biggest reason he chose Cal over hometown USC and UCLA was because Cal offered him as a rb and USC/UCLA offered him as a corner. He WANTS to play on offense, so I highly doubt you see him at corner no matter how highly regarded he is there. I think he and Best probably should redshirt(jmo), because with Forsett/James Montgomery/Tracy Slocum there isn't much PT at rb. Thoug I can see them being forces on kick returns like Marshawn was his freshamn year.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
i would, in theory, be happy to play with him, but i would be playing against him and i am on special teams so i would have gotten chewed out once he got a touchdown against us
true that but i always can say that myron rolle ran by me while i was playing defense which is a pretty cool thing