Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys

THERE. I said it. Did you see the title of this thread? I got balls man. BIG HAIRY BALLS. :D

I was just driving home from work and the thought hit me. What if it really did happen? The thought just doesn't seem that crazy to me considering the level of competition out there this year and the way we've been playing. Up to now, I've been thinking we'll finish out the season coming up short... so this was the first time I really allowed myself to think of the "what if". I'm not sure I'm ready to be this happy. :p

What do you guys think?

If it happens, I think Mike Jenkins is going to turn into a world wide star by the time our run is over. That thought lingers in my mind.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EH. Ravens vs Boys in the Superbowl???????
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:06 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let us get past ONE home game first and the first half of a road game.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had the same thought my self when I realized that the going into the playoffs with the team peaking at the best precise time of the 1st wk. of January, & the psychological edge is all for the Cowboys, which is in itself pretty phenomenal, & all the pundits jumped on the bandwagon circa Monday morning with Dallas is the Team No One Wants to Play Right Now.

Glad you posted it, confident D with the Big Balls.

"Fortune favors the bold!"
Virgil, The Intro. to the Aeneid
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One week at a time, boys. :)

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Good thing I'm not superstitious or I would be reverse jinxing the **** out of this team for the rest of the week just to make up for your impertinence.

When you look at it from an objective point of view, its really hard to say that I would switch shoes with any other team right now. Only Indy and maybe San Diego, really, and they have huge holes in their games. Neither can run, and both really struggle to stop the run. Of the 4 phases, SD is horrible in one, below in another, and average in a third. The fact that they are unworldly in the 4th is the only thing that has allowed them to win games like they have, and we all know that one dimensional teams don't fare well in the playoffs. Indy is a good pass defense team, a really bad running team, a poor run defense team and--again--a terrific passing team.

Dallas is only below average in one aspect: pass defense. And we've been much better in that phase in the 2nd half of the season.

So its hard not to like our chances from that perspective.

This is the life of NFL football now, though: an even field and a crap shoot outcome. I hate it. I ******* hate it. The fact that we've seen only FOUR SB winners this decade come from among the top 2 seeds is a joke. Compare that with the 90s, when all but the 97 Broncos were from the top 2 seeds. It used to be that a wild card team winning it all was a once in a decade event. Now, its a regular occurrence. I hate it.

But at least we have a chance, eh?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit, if the Cowboys don't make it to the superbowl, you are going to be the center of me making fun of people for a long time :D. One week at a time big guy.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't say it will happen. I just said the thought entered my mind. Sheesh.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The past decade has me believing this isn't a possibility, although I am cautiously optimistic. Let's hope you're right.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol as soon as I saw this thread I was thinking "D-Unit has big balls to make this thread." Let's hope that the Cowboys can channel the spirit of B.J. Penn at 155.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, you are always way off with your predictions(see Eagles will choke thread and Frantz Joseph). With that being said, I condone this thread.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, considering I will be in South Africa for the next three months and therefore I highly doubt I will be able to watch the SB (or even the divisional game for that matter) this would not be the best year for them to win it :P
Anyway, I'd still be pretty happy ;)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
D, you are always way off with your predictions(see Eagles will choke thread and Frantz Joseph). With that being said, I condone this thread.
Easy to say that from somebody who doesn't make predictions. ;)

I'm hit or miss. You don't find me predicting the obvious though. That's not my style. Otherwise I'd predict the Cowboys not winning the SB... too easy of a call. If you think it's bold let me know. I'll predict it!!! :D

Frantz Joseph wasn't even a prediction. I just liked the guy's production and I hyped him up. I didn't predict him for anything. But you have to admit... I hyped him up before anyone started talking about him... and they DID talk about him (I'm not just talking about at NFLDC either... other people starting talking about him outside of our community).
Old 01-08-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Frantz Joseph wasn't even a prediction. I just liked the guy's production and I hyped him up. I didn't predict him for anything. But you have to admit... I hyped him up before anyone started talking about him... and they DID talk about him (I'm not just talking about at NFLDC either... other people starting talking about him outside of our community).
That's very true, credit for that, you had his name getting some stir even before Scott had got around to him, and he still should of never went undrafted but that doesn't mean he won't become a player.

I think we can MAKE the SB easily, winning is another story. I like us vs the Eagles, think we can take the Vikes in a dome, and I have the Packers winning out and putting us back at home for a rematch which is totally winnable. I really don't think the road to the SB is all that tough, it's indoor the whole way through which suits us and Garrett very well.

I had us playing San Diego the past 2 years, so I'm sticking with it :D We played them damn well and held that offense in check, if we score on the goal line stand it's a completely different game, but if we can sustain what we've been doing it's not a crazy thought. I just have a hard time seeing Wade leading us to the promised land, I don't know why :( Hopefully he proves me wrong about his coaching style and I'll gladly eat crow on that, but if we do it'll be because of our defense more then anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Well, considering I will be in South Africa for the next three months and therefore I highly doubt I will be able to watch the SB (or even the divisional game for that matter) this would not be the best year for them to win it :P
Anyway, I'd still be pretty happy ;)
Sounds like a cool trip. Will you post pics?

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote