Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-02-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Napoleon Harris To Visit KC

Can I get the good and bad on Napoleon Harris please?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good : He's young..sound tackler, willing to play hurt, very good at recognizing the run and reacting to it.

Bad: Coverage skills aren't near where they should be, relies to much on
his speed to make up for bad reads...not a leader on D

These are off the top of my head, and now that he's on the Chiefs I think he'll fit right in with Kendrell Bell and Derrick Thomas. The Cheifs seriously
need a DT though to help that Defense out...their DT's right now aren't even
average.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favourite Viking or ex-Viking now. Pretty much what Severe said though.

His coverage skills are poor, but his speed does cover that a bit, he is certainly not what he should be though given his measurables.

Against the run he is a big reason why the Vikes were so good last year. Along with the monster D-Line and Winfields brilliant run support from Corner he was a major reason for the run defense.

Still makes far too many rookie mistakes when it comes to reads but has elite speed to make up for it. I think with a good Defensive coordinator to help him out he could excel, I dont think he is going to get that at KC and I dont think he is a good option in a Tampa 2 scheme either due to the coverage skills. I'd have liked to see him at a team running a 3-4 playing a similar role to Merriman personally.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote