Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I REALLY want Romeus more than I want Brandon Graham (sorry Sniper). This guy is the second coming of Julius Peppers and no one knows about him yet and hopefully no one will really jump on his bandwagon because I want him to be an Eagle.

If today's game showed me anything it was that the Eagles absolutely cannot create enough pressure with their front 4 and I think Romeus would fix that. He stands at an imposing 6'6" and 270 pounds with 4.6 speed, he is incredibly athletic and flexible. One reason I think most people sleep on him is because he is a little bit raw but as it has been noted before he only started playing football his senior year in highschool and prior to that he was a basketball player. As you might be able to tell, Romeus has incredibly long arms and has batted down 5 passes this season and he has blocked 5 kicks in his career. He really blossomed this season, leading a Pitt defense that really had no other playmakers, he notched 8 sacks, 11.5 tackles for a loss and 11 QB hurries and he is only starting to reach his potential.

Lets try a Scott Wright style scouting report on this guy shall we?

Strengths:
Great range --- Long athletic frame with room for growth --- Very athletic --- Loads of potential --- Coachable, has improved every year --- Good first step --- Does a good job in pursuit --- Great body control --- Is able to contort his body to get around tackles --- Very flexible --- Can redirect and find the ball --- Great lateral agility and closing speed --- Great straight line speed --- Flashes the ability to punch, rip off and back up tackles using his length and increasing strength --- Has the ability to keep his ground and stuff the run --- Shows strong and quick hands

Weaknesses:
Is still fairly raw --- Will occasionally lose focus --- Gets away from fundamentals at times and plays too high --- Can be driven off the line --- Can sometimes rely too much on natural ability --- Needs to get stronger --- Might not be able to contribute right away

Notes:
The sky is the limit on Romeus' potential --- Was a star prep basketball star before he played football --- Won team MVP in high school despite it being his first season playing --- Contributed at receiver as well --- Has blocked 4 kicks in his career and batted down 11 passes --- has improved every year at Pitt, getting stronger and improving his game --- Will draw favorable comparisons to Julius Peppers

I really love his potential and I feel like he could develop into the pass rushing force opposite Trent Cole that the Eagles have been searching for.

But I do love the fight and passion that Brandon Graham brings to the table and I feel like he could become a future defensive leader and a player who provides a spark in games like the one against the Cowboys because of his non-stop motor.

I also really like Derrick Morgan but I think he might be out of the Eagles reach by now and might be a top 10 prospect. I am split on Greg Hardy, he is a good pass rusher but I have my doubts that he could hold up at LE full time, he has attitude issues and he has durability issues which makes me hesitant. Everson Griffen has the size at 6'2" and 278 pounds but I don't know if he is a LE or not, he reminds me a little bit of Dwight Freeney and that doesn't translate to the LE spot where you need a big frame and the ability to take on the run nor does he have the instincts and motor to play LE consistently.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People know about Romeus and I don't think he'll declare.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
FS is a HUGE need mainly to get Macho off the field, that piece of **** nearly handed the Broncos the game on his own.
might develop into a good player one day, but he is what he is. A 5th round rookie. No way should he be starting.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
People know about Romeus and I don't think he'll declare.
Sure they might know his name from Walterfootball but no one really knows how good he is and how much potential he has, he is overshadowed by Carlos Dunlap, Greg Hardy, John Paul-Pierre, Derrick Morgan and Brandon Grahama and all those 3-4 OLBs like Jerry Hughes and Von Miller.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most have Romeus ahead of all those guys except Morgan and JPP.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I REALLY want Romeus more than I want Brandon Graham (sorry Sniper).
You should be.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I don't care that the Eagles don't need a WLB, they NEED to draft Rennie Curran, he is small at 5'11" and 230 pounds but the guy is a human missle and he is STACKED.

The guys is a beast, a heat seeking missile at linebacker and he benched over 400 pounds as a senior in high school! And he has put up 100+ tackle seasons twice in a row now, he plays downhill, can rush the passer, busts screen plays like nobodies business, hits like a truck, can pressure the passer and he is fairly quick. Plus he is absolutely fearless, he will throw his body into anyone at any time and just crush them he is as tough as nails and a guy that I want on the Eagles.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care that the Eagles don't need a WLB, they NEED to draft Rennie Curran, he is small at 5'11" and 230 pounds but the guy is a human missle and he is STACKED.

The guys is a beast, a heat seeking missile at linebacker and he benched over 400 pounds as a senior in high school! And he has put up 100+ tackle seasons twice in a row now, he plays downhill, can rush the passer, busts screen plays like nobodies business, hits like a truck, can pressure the passer and he is fairly quick. Plus he is absolutely fearless, he will throw his body into anyone at any time and just crush them he is as tough as nails and a guy that I want on the Eagles.
I am a HUGE Rennie Curran fan, I saw a lot of him last season and watched how dominant he was. The rest of the LB's are jacked as hell too, Akeem Dent in particular. Good instincts and good speed, Curran's a winner.

The success that former UGA LB Dannell Ellerbe is having over in Baltimore probably won't hurt his stock either.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I can't wait for FA this year I only hope it is a capped year so players like Derrick Johnson can become UFA's. Also its all but certain that Kampman wont be returning to the Packers he would definitely be an upgrade over Parker.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I want a corner! Jerome Murphy, Perrish Cox and Devin McCourty in particular, I don't think Warren or Haden is there for the Eagles to pick and Jerome Murphy is the second coming of Al Harris, huge press corner who can jam anyone and he hits hard and will defend the run, I really like him. Perrish Cox is another press corner who I really like, he isn't as physical as Murphy but he is faster and more agile and probably a better bet to be a shut down corner which I think he can develop into and McCourty is just a solid corner in all phases of the game.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Watch for Erik Decker to be an Eagle, Chris Stueber says he knows there were Eagles scouts at at least 3 Minnesota games to scout him. I really think he could thrive in the Eagles scheme and be good depth or a slot receiver if Avant leaves.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watch for Erik Decker to be an Eagle, Chris Stueber says he knows there were Eagles scouts at at least 3 Minnesota games to scout him. I really think he could thrive in the Eagles scheme and be good depth or a slot receiver if Avant leaves.
You guys desperately need a bigger, sure-handed target to work the shorter field for Donovan. Glad your FO is proactive and acknowledging that fact.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
You guys desperately need a bigger, sure-handed target to work the shorter field for Donovan. Glad your FO is proactive and acknowledging that fact.
You mean Kevin Kolb?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean Kevin Kolb?
LOL, whoever it may be. He'd be a much better fit with Kolb too.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:53 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Avant is money, cash, hoes in that role when they care to throw to him.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about new offensive coordinator, one that yells at Reid WTF are you doing?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

My safety wishlist now goes in this order:
1. Earl Thomas
2. Morgan Burnett
3. Chad Jones

Earl Thomas is a more refined version of Burnett and Chad Jones is a fantastic athlete and has a ton of potential, probably more than any other safety in the draft, but he is a project and probably a SS.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Thomas is a beast, Burnett sucks and Chad Jones is a great athlete, but he's a project.

As for a new OC, I'd be fine letting Morningwheg go.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas Eagles probably won't land without moving up. A few teams in front need a safety, one being the Giants. But that could help by having Mays fall or one of the DEs
Old 01-11-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Eagles trade out of the 1st. What would we use that pick on?
DE- No point in using the pick here if Brandon Graham, Greg Romeus, Derrick Morgan are all off the board.
CB- No one really talented enough that deserves this spot. Sure, players are going to move up because of the weak class, but no need in wasting the pick.
G- Mike Iupati would be understandable. I wouldn't really complain about it, but I would ask why we still have Stacy Andrews and Max Jean Gilles?
FS- If Mays takes a tumble, he could be an obvious pick. I don't think Earl Thomas is going to last to us, but you never know. No other S is worth the risk/reward of a 1st.
LB- Sean Weatherspoon is pretty tempting, but he doesn't fill the SLB need. Then again, the coaches seem to be very impressed by Moise Fokou. Akeem Jordan has played well, and so has Tracy White. We have good depth along the LB corp except SLB.

If we can get two 1st round picks next year that would be great. Imagine if we were able to get an AJ Green with Patrick Peterson combo.
I want more of a project LDE as well. I feel like Jaqua Parker does an adequate job and we have time to coach up a player. A very athletic, big, high ceiling type player.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

I agree, but I'd rather trade up than down. We have the picks to make it happen too.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually not as high on Earl Thomas as I was on Michael Griffin in 07 (I wanted him bad) but I will be very happy with Thomas this year.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

What do we do about DT? Keep the guys we have?

Bunkley has been solid and has earned his paycheck. That Dixon kid showed some promise during the Cowboys game. Patterson was inconsistent. Trevor Laws is just plain bad.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I want Dixon to have a much larger role, the guy has so much potential, I sat there and watched the defense get gashed for 2 straight games and I noticed that typically when the run was stuffed big #64 was in there, I remember screaming at the TV "PUT DIXON IN!" and then the next play I see Dixon tackle a RB for a loss with a blocker in his back, he overpowered the Cowboys LG.

And right now I think the Eagles should address DE first because having a great DE could do a lot to cover the FS in the passing game, the guy who I want the most is Derrick Morgan but his stock is through the roof right now and the other guy I want is Greg Romeus and he is going back to school.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Clifton Geathers, if he declares, is my pick. He is BIG, with good athleticism. He is 6'8 and really impressed me against Florida. I think we need to get bigger along the defensive line.