Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-30-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Harris & Bart Scott both deserve to go, but if they're only going to go with two middle line backers, I can understand why they didn't make it.

How many times has London Fletcher deserved to go vs. how many times did he actually get there? He's an 8 time pro bowl alternate. How is that even possible? Antonio Pierce may be washed up now, but he deserved to go at least twice ahead of Jeremiah Trotter. At least once as a Redskin and once as a Giant.

There have been so many middle linebackers who deserved to go but didn't over the years.

As for Alan Faneca vs. Brandon Moore, well, one has name value and one does not.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

I got go pick up a new pair of thermals for Sunday night.

Cant wait!

Chad Johnson:

Quote:
On if he has any celebrations planned for Sunday if he is able to score... See MoreÖ

I have one that is going to be so good. Everybody listening? You know the guy in the stands with the fireman hat (Fireman Ed) that quiets the stadium? OK, I have my own fireman hat made, but it doesnít say Jets. Itís a Bengals fireman hat. When I score, Iím going to sit on top of the goal post and then Iím going to quiet the stadium like he does and I want everybody in the stadium to say, well there not going to say the Bengals, but everybody will get the point of what Iím trying to do. I think itís good one. If I donít use the goal post, Iíll get on top of one of my linemenís shoulders. Iím going out this season with a bang. I donít care what anybody says. Thatís the celebration of all celebrations. Iím going out with a bang.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stick Revis on him. And then after 4 catches for 22 yards and no touchdowns, the Jets can sledge the Bengals fireman helmet.

That would be awesome. :D
Old 12-31-2009, 06:21 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

I have one that is going to be so good. Everybody listening? You know the guy in the stands with the fireman hat (Fireman Ed) that quiets the stadium? OK, I have my own fireman hat made, but it doesnít say Jets. Itís a Bengals fireman hat. When I score, Iím going to sit on top of the goal post and then Iím going to quiet the stadium like he does and I want everybody in the stadium to say, well there not going to say the Bengals, but everybody will get the point of what Iím trying to do. I think itís good one. If I donít use the goal post, Iíll get on top of one of my linemenís shoulders. Iím going out this season with a bang. I donít care what anybody says. Thatís the celebration of all celebrations. Iím going out with a bang.
provided we win, I hope he does score a TD, and sit on the goal post, that would be a guaranteed suspension for the following week.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
David Harris & Bart Scott both deserve to go, but if they're only going to go with two middle line backers, I can understand why they didn't make it.
Bart Scott has been very average this season, he absolutely did not deserve to go.

David Harris is one of the most underrated players in the NFL, I thought he deserved to go but i'm not surprised he didn't.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
provided we win, I hope he does score a TD, and sit on the goal post, that would be a guaranteed suspension for the following week.
That would be awesome.

I can't ******* wait until Sunday night. The energy in the stadium will be electric considering all of the circumstances. Should be one hell of a game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
That would be awesome.

I can't ******* wait until Sunday night. The energy in the stadium will be electric considering all of the circumstances. Should be one hell of a game.
i was going to make an effort to go to the game until i looked at the weather... so i'll be enjoying myself in my nice warm house haha
Old 01-02-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills are expected to interview Schottenheimer for their head coaching job. For the sake of our offense, I hope he gets offered the job and hopefully he takes it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unbelievable. In the playoffs. Going into this game i thought that getting in would be enough, but after tonights showing I would be really dissapointed if we didn't put up a good fight next week

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:46 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Unbelievable. In the playoffs. Going into this game i thought that getting in would be enough, but after tonights showing I would be really dissapointed if we didn't put up a good fight next week
After the cluster ******* that went on, I will actually be disappointed if we don't get into the second round. I never thought I'd be saying that, but with as good as our running game and defense were this week, I think we should be able to win.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

I realize there was no impetus for the Bengals to win yesterday, but yeah, that was a drubbing.

I'd be disappointed if the Jets don't get into the second round, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

Man, if only Kris Jenkins hadn't gotten hurt. :( :( :(
Old 01-04-2010, 05:51 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Gotta agree with everyone else, if we don't win next week, it'll be pretty disappointing. An NFL team can look vastly different from one week to the next, but at least I suspect it will be a very close game.

The Bengals have only won one game by more than 10 points, which means they aren't scoring enough or just let teams hang around. Of those 9 wins, 6 of them are by a td or less. With our defense and the way our running game as been rounding into shape, this is going to be close. Cannot wait.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Awesome win. Im on board with everybody else. We need to win next week. Getting in is just not good enough. I think we'll win but it should be a great and close game. That was not Cincy's best effort and obviously they'll come up with a gameplan for next week. With that being said, we still dominated them physically which is the reason why I have full confidence in the Jets winning over the Bungles again on Saturday. They know what we will be doing but the question is, Can they stop it?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Wow, our 2 rookies played out of thier minds tonight. Shonn Greene ran all over the Bungles and even showed some speed. I was really impressed. Sanchez's best game as a pro easily. He was sensational. He had 3 incompletions and two of them were drops. He made some plays when we needed them.

It's about time keller had a big game. He can be a big part of our offense if we get the ball in his hands.

Our pass defense was phenominal. Revis is GOD.

Now the bad. Benson ran all over us and we need to fix that. Im not too concerned about that next week because San Diego and Indy are pass first teams.

Braylon needs to go. I do not want to see him in a Jets uniform next year.

I think the end is near for TJ. He has been pretty bad over the past month or so. His age is catching up with him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Wow, our 2 rookies played out of thier minds tonight. Shonn Greene ran all over the Bungles and even showed some speed. I was really impressed. Sanchez's best game as a pro easily. He was sensational. He had 3 incompletions and two of them were drops. He made some plays when we needed them.

It's about time keller had a big game. He can be a big part of our offense if we get the ball in his hands.

Our pass defense was phenominal. Revis is GOD.

Now the bad. Benson ran all over us and we need to fix that. Im not too concerned about that next week because San Diego and Indy are pass first teams.

Braylon needs to go. I do not want to see him in a Jets uniform next year.

I think the end is near for TJ. He has been pretty bad over the past month or so. His age is catching up with him.
My thoughts:

Sanchez played really well and if not for a drop from Keller and a drop from Edwards, he would have been 14-15 for over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Schotty showed me something. The few plays with Sanchez rolling out were really nice. Schotty showed how he should have been using Keller all year.

Shonn Greene was phenomenal, he showed an explosiveness that TJ really lacks. Maybe its time to see if hehas value despite his age. I know TJ had a great year, but he came up really small today and is on the wrong side of 30.

Revis got called for a few ******** penalties today. He did a phenomenal job all game except a few plays when he was playing off of chad late. I really think it is very hard to argue who is the best corner in football.

It is troubling how little pressure this team can generate without bringing the house. Even with Jenkins gone, it really is a huge need to get some pass rushing talent. I'm starting to think more and more that regardless of position, our biggest need is to bring in some pass rushing talent. **** Vern.

I mostly agree about Braylon, his ******** has gotten old, fast. I'm not saying he has behaved wrong or hasn't worked hard, I just can't tolerate how inconsistent his hands are. However, if he can be had for cheap, I think it's worth it to risk it on his talent.

Even though Kerry did start and look like he was flying around a bit, getting his helmet in their on hits, he still doesn't seem to be making the impact he used to. Not really sure what the deal is with him, I thought he would thrive under Ryan. I hope the team keeps him and gives him another year to turn up the intensity again because he can be great when he wants to.

Obviously no one wants to hear this but imagine how awesome it would be if we were in this position with Leon and Jenkins healthy? While there are teams that have had more injuries, the Jets really got screwed this year. How many other teams can say that they lost their most dominant/important/irreplaceable defensive player and their most explosive weapon on offense/special teams.

While the Jets have done a phenomenal job covering this year, mostly thanks to people get stranded on Revis island, the Jets could use a bit more talent in the secondary. Lowery got beaten badly by LC on tons of plays.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I mostly agree about Braylon, his ******** has gotten old, fast. I'm not saying he has behaved wrong or hasn't worked hard, I just can't tolerate how inconsistent his hands are. However, if he can be had for cheap, I think it's worth it to risk it on his talent.

From kffl
Jets | Hoping to re-sign Edwards in offseason
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:22:06 -0800

Dave Hutchinson, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets have been pleased with WR Braylon Edwards on and off the field thus far and are hoping to re-sign him this offseason. Edwards will be a restricted free agent after the season minus a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Edwards is expected to seek a long-term deal in the neighborhood of $9 million per season. However, as a restricted free agent, the Jets could play hard ball and sign Edwards to a one-year, $5.5 million deal and retain his rights. "I think when Braylon came here he was looking for a fresh start," general manager Mike Tannenbaum said. "We had a great talk and he has really lived up to what we talked about. We're really happy with him both on and off the field. Braylon is a part of our team now and we expect him to be in the future. After the season, we'll sit down and talk. We hope he's with us for years to come."
Old 01-10-2010, 03:27 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
From kffl
Jets | Hoping to re-sign Edwards in offseason
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:22:06 -0800

Dave Hutchinson, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets have been pleased with WR Braylon Edwards on and off the field thus far and are hoping to re-sign him this offseason. Edwards will be a restricted free agent after the season minus a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Edwards is expected to seek a long-term deal in the neighborhood of $9 million per season. However, as a restricted free agent, the Jets could play hard ball and sign Edwards to a one-year, $5.5 million deal and retain his rights. "I think when Braylon came here he was looking for a fresh start," general manager Mike Tannenbaum said. "We had a great talk and he has really lived up to what we talked about. We're really happy with him both on and off the field. Braylon is a part of our team now and we expect him to be in the future. After the season, we'll sit down and talk. We hope he's with us for years to come."
5-6 mil a year is cool and for years i'd say under 3.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So on to San Diego next week. I don't expect a win but we definitely match up pretty well. They have an incredibly suspect run d which we should be able to take advantage of. It should be interesting to see if San Diego will be able to work their down field passing attack against the pressure Rex will bring. If Sanchez plays well this will be a close game

Sig by Me
Old 01-10-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Awesome game all around played by the Jets. I didn't hear who got the game balls this week, but it seemed like so many players deserved it. Awesome play by the OL, Cotchery was clutch the entire game.

The Jets have the best CB in the game right now, it really is fun to watch a guy like Revis play.

I can't tell you how upset I was when Edwards dropped that TD pass, but I know you all felt the same emotion I was feeling. I am becoming less enthusiastic about giving him anything more then another one year signing. He hasn't been a Jet very long, and he already has the most TD receptions of any Jet this entire year. I still think his presence can really help Sanchez's development... assuming he is the receiver the Jets organization thought he was when we traded for him. He has shown he can be.

The Jets are going against arguably the hottest team in the NFL next week. I honestly believed before the Jets first played the Bengals that they were a better team, but now I feel that the Jets are probably the underdogs the rest of the way.

Also did you guys see that 5 page thread in the NFL forum about Ryan saying his team should win it all? LOL, I can't believe some fans are getting so riled up and annoyed about it. Give me a break! Ryan has done a great job so far, and he talks trash. Big deal.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me started on Braylon Edwards. He's done nothing to justify the contract he's said to be seeking. Pretty much everything I have to say about him is negative. Talk about a guy who can kill my mojo.

Thomas Jones has been a good soldier, but I think Greene and Washington can do the trick going forward. Shonn has shown to be a true bruiser who can punish a defense. Leon is that perfect complement. I don't think Jones is a necessity at this point, although it is certainly not ideal to see that production go. It's really just a numbers game and identifying where you can make the space.

I smile when I review the young talent scattered throughout the Jets roster. Young and talented are the two words I throw out a lot.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First time Jets poster here because in the AFC, this is my true "sleeper" team. Outside of Jets fans, nobody thinks you're going to win, but before this crazy NFL season with every team going pass happy, defense and running the football has always been the formula to going deep in the playoffs. We will know if that formula still holds true, or if the NFL has completely evolved. I'll be rooting for you guys from Vegas!

Oh yeah, btw, anyone who has ever had B. Edwards on their fantasy football team knows how he rips your heart out. Still, I'm hoping he can reel some big catches in.

Last edited by mellojello : 01-12-2010 at 12:15 AM.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
First time Jets poster here because in the AFC, this is my true "sleeper" team. Outside of Jets fans, nobody thinks you're going to win, but before this crazy NFL season with every team going pass happy, defense and running the football has always been the formula to going deep in the playoffs. We will know if that formula still holds true, or if the NFL has completely evolved. I'll be rooting for you guys from Vegas!

Oh yeah, btw, anyone who has ever had B. Edwards on their fantasy football team knows how he rips your heart out. Still, I'm hoping he can reel some big catches in.
Cheers, hopefully they meet your expectations. I'm being cautiously optimistic about this team, because I think they really do have a shot to make some noise. Just tough to really expect it, particularly as a fan and seeing how much they've screwed up over the years.

In other news, looks like Schottenheimer is staying around, won't even interview for the Buffalo job. While I don't love or hate the guy and he's had his share of ups and downs, it is definitely important to have continuity in the system for Sanchez, so looking at it from that perspective this is definitely good news.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Cheers, hopefully they meet your expectations. I'm being cautiously optimistic about this team, because I think they really do have a shot to make some noise. Just tough to really expect it, particularly as a fan and seeing how much they've screwed up over the years.

In other news, looks like Schottenheimer is staying around, won't even interview for the Buffalo job. While I don't love or hate the guy and he's had his share of ups and downs, it is definitely important to have continuity in the system for Sanchez, so looking at it from that perspective this is definitely good news.
The things about schotty that I think is important is that it showing how everyone, including the coaches are really buying into the Jets new direction under Rex Ryan. All the players are raving about him and even schotty is excited to stay and be part of something special. I tihnk after the playoff game, I am a little happier with schotty staying because that really was a great gameplan offensively. He was able to run the ball effectively while also getting sanchez confidence without risky throws. The bootlegs to Keller and the dropped td pass by Edwards were really nicely drawn up plays. I think Schotty has the potential to turn into a good offensive coordinator.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
The things about schotty that I think is important is that it showing how everyone, including the coaches are really buying into the Jets new direction under Rex Ryan. All the players are raving about him and even schotty is excited to stay and be part of something special. I tihnk after the playoff game, I am a little happier with schotty staying because that really was a great gameplan offensively. He was able to run the ball effectively while also getting sanchez confidence without risky throws. The bootlegs to Keller and the dropped td pass by Edwards were really nicely drawn up plays. I think Schotty has the potential to turn into a good offensive coordinator.
I definitely agree that Schotty has alot of potential. The plays he draws up are beautiful. Its his play-calling that he needs to improve on

Sig by Me
Old 01-15-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Love/Hate with Shotty. Agree with everything said above. Continuity with the young QB. Players coaching and FANS buying into Rex.

Good times. Is it Sunday yet?
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote