Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals.

um. hello.

Underrated to the point that, as their defense gelled last post-season, figured things out and how to actually play football without giving up a billion points and relying on warner to throw a bajillion yards... picking up a good edge rusher in brown... and, in my opinion, have a good defensive projection with young growing talent... srs. this defense is going to be much better than last year.

anything but projecting them near the top of the NFC is underrating imo, and even larger would be to say that the Wildcard would come out of the west...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I agree we won't make the playoffs because outside of Moss, Randle El, and Cooley Jason has no weapons, and then there is the issue of Jason. I still think though the Skins will have a nasty defense. We were already the 4th ranked defense in the league last year and have now added Fat Albert, Orakpo, Jarmon, Kevin Barnes, and we have Phillip Daniels and Cornelius Griffin back. I do think out secondary is going to be crazy if Haynesworth, Andre Carter, Orakpo and crew get pressure because we have in our secondary LaRon Landry, Carlos Rogers, Fred Smoot, Deangelo Hall, Chris Horton, Kevin Barnes, Reed Doughty, Kareem Moore. Also call it a hunch but I think this could be the year London finally makes a pro bowl, and Rocky McIntosh might be in for a breakout season.
I love the additions to the defensive side of the ball, but I'm not sold on the hybrid role Orakpo will be playing...I really hope it works, but I don't see the need in trying to teach him so many positions at once, and I can't think of any other players who have this type of role and are great at it.

Guys like Suggs, Merriman, Ware etc somewhat count, but a 3-4 defense gives different looks and still puts those guys on the edge more times then not, Rak will be standing up as a Strongside backer alot, so it will be something to monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals
Redskins
Seattle
Chicago
Jacksonville

I expect all of those teams (except the Redskins) to make the playoffs this year.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what the Skins are doing with Orakpo, and I think it's becoming a decent trend in the league.

Basically I can only summarize why I think this because I haven't formed the complete thought but it goes something like:

- Teams are passing more.

- More pass rushers needed.

- You can move the pass rusher around if he's playing LB.

- You can still have pass rushers at the DE position.

Plus...it's not *that* new. If Orakpo learns the position then they just have a bigger, badder version of a traditional LBer anyway...the Eagles have worked with similar ideas in the past...the Giants move their DE's all over the place and started Kiwi at LB last year (I realize because LB was bare).

I should develop this idea, but I'll give it a little. In the end, it's just a way of getting the best athletes on the field and teaching them to do everything.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
That's easy. Cowboys and Saints. End of thread.

Quote:
Also, I'm saying the Broncos. I see many "experts" projecting them to go like 2-14 or 3-13 and that's crazy to me.
Neg repped in this thread for comments like these. Dude said, "Stop posting retardedly everywhere."

It's funny how some people that spend all day on their computers chattin it up on NFL websites know so little about the NFL.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy crap, what is this? bump your own ancient thread to make you look smart week? How much of this crap are we gonna see? cool, you were right by saying the Cowboys and Saints would do well and that the Broncos would have more than 4 wins.

You probably got neg repped considering nothing about the Saints or Boys is "under rated".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very true. I like the Lions this year, as well. In terms of record, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they make the biggest leap this year.
Wait, why aren't you bringing this one up?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN's preseason power rankings. Cowboys 14. Saints 19.

I'd say that's pretty underrated.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESPN's preseason power rankings. Cowboys 14. Saints 19.

I'd say that's pretty underrated.
for this alone to back up your own back patting: Fail.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Wait, why aren't you bringing this one up?
I said I like 'em. I said it wouldn't surprise me...but I damn sure didn't say I pick 'em as one of my most underrated teams. Try again.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said I like 'em. I said it wouldn't surprise me...but I damn sure didn't say I pick 'em as one of my most underrated teams. Try again.
Will do. How 'bout them Texans winning the division!?!

Quote:
I woulda said the Texans but I see a lot of people pickin them to win their division. I actually am too. I love them this year.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Will do. How 'bout them Texans winning the division!?!
Haha. Wrong about that but this is the underrated team thread...not the pick the division winners thread. I'd say they were pretty underrated.

And question...if I'm wrong for seein a .gif (or whatever it's called) that I like and goin to my user cp to see how to upload it, seeing that I got a ton of negative rep (that i've never seen before today) about my preseason predictions and responding to it, what does that make you guys? B/c you guys are dissecting a whole thread just to see if you can find ONE thing I was wrong about...I'd say that's pretty lame. How bout u go back and look at what you said b4 the season and comment on it? I don't believe I claimed to be Jesus Christ...I just said was I right about those responses that got neg repped.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha. Wrong about that but this is the underrated team thread...not the pick the division winners thread. I'd say they were pretty underrated.

And question...if I'm wrong for seein a .gif (or whatever it's called) that I like and goin to my user cp to see how to upload it, seeing that I got a ton of negative rep (that i've never seen before today) about my preseason predictions and responding to it, what does that make you guys? B/c you guys are dissecting a whole thread just to see if you can find ONE thing I was wrong about...I'd say that's pretty lame. How bout u go back and look at what you said b4 the season and comment on it? I don't believe I claimed to be Jesus Christ...I just said was I right about those responses that got neg repped.
If you can't see the hypocrisy in the bolded statement then I am done in this thread.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
If you can't see the hypocrisy in the bolded statement then I am done in this thread.
Actually I can't. I didn't scroll through tons of threads to find something I was right about so I could toot my own horn and I damn sure didn't scroll through tons of stuff so I could find something someone else was wrong about. Again...I saw some negative rep I had from before the season and I commented on it. That's not even close to what you guys are doing.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Actually I can't. I didn't scroll through tons of threads to find something I was right about so I could toot my own horn and I damn sure didn't scroll through tons of stuff so I could find something someone else was wrong about. Again...I saw some negative rep I had from before the season and I commented on it. That's not even close to what you guys are doing.
do you know what hypocrisy means?
He's saying you went back to this thread to puff out your chest and show you were right so long ago, BUT you get all whiney about how it was soooo long ago and that if you were wrong it's no big deal.
Quote:
Old 01-10-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
for this alone to back up your own back patting: Fail.
It was just the first one I found. Please tell me what site you believe is better and let's look at their pre-season rankings. Nobody said before the season that the Cowboys and Saints would be top 5 teams...which makes them underrated and most publications had them extremely underrated which makes it senseless as to why you're trying to argue against me.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

broth223 was onto something about the Texans, 1st season over .500 in franchise history, & Schaub led the NFL in passing. If they could get past Indy, watch out!
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
do you know what hypocrisy means?
He's saying you went back to this thread to puff out your chest and show you were right so long ago, BUT you get all whiney about how it was soooo long ago and that if you were wrong it's no big deal.
You're not making any sense. There is no hypocrisy here at all and I def did not get whiney and say if I'm wrong it doesn't matter b/c it was soooo long ago. Where'd that **** even come from?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
broth223 was onto something about the Texans, 1st season over .500 in franchise history, & Schaub led the NFL in passing. If they could get past Indy, watch out!
They will soon. Peyton Manning can't play at an elite level forever. If they could get Slaton back on track or get any production from the running game then they'll be too balanced to for Indy goin forward.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I just wish they would have the playoffs ... stupid colts

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Similar to the overrated, I didn't participate in the original thread.

I underrated the Saints, didn't think they were that good, though did feel they could make the playoffs.

Bengals were my big underrated team though. Couldn't see them beating the Ravens or the Steelers this year to win the conference and thought it was unlikely they could make the playoffs as well as those two teams. I was wrong, though my overrating of the Steelers was pivotal to that.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote