Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Favorite philosophers everybody?
I still haven't read enough philosophy, but from what I can tell I'd like the ordinary language philosophers like later Wittgenstein, JL Austin, Grice, and Searle. If we're talking about Ancient Greek philosophy, I like what I've heard about Aristotle, Socrates, Epicurus but not Plato. I've read up a little on existentialism which thus would describe guys like Sartre, Paul Tillich, and Heidegger; it's very interesting and it says some good things but I wouldn't consider myself one.

Oh, and I think what Renji is getting at is about how concepts don't really have a solid definition. Things like "charisma," "liberalism," "love," etc are so screwy in scope that it may lead people to think that they don't exist because they are used so differently. The best we can do is define them for a discussion, finding the necessary and sufficient conditions of the definition and recognizing the differences in use and definition between people, and see what we can agree upon that it refers to.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote