Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
My top 5 big board at this point:
1. Rolando McClain
2. Earl Thomas
3. Greg Hardy
4. Taylor Mays
5. Brandon Spikes(if we trade down, would be a reach if we don't)
Hardy would be a reach too where we're picking. Depending on how things break he could easily last until in the second round. Maybe not to our pick, but after his poor senior season I could see him going in the second round.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardy is a 2nd round guy at this point, unless his combine boosts his stock to a late 1st.

If you think about it, there are no "need" guys who fit at 15 for us. We either have to reach for a guy in a need, move up or move down, or take BPA at 15 regardless of position.

The only guy I can see that fits at 15 that is somewhat of a need is Anthony Davis. We can throw him at LT and move Beatty to RT. Or vice versa, although id prefer Davis at LT.

Or Earl Thomas. But his size scares me. I love Thomas, but he's a pure FS, and need more of a guy who can play SS. Bc Kenny is our FS, and if he can't play anymore, Johnson can be a decent FS, but we need a SS to compliment either of them desperately. We have no SS on our roster. If we do, they suck pretty bad. Unless you want to roll the dice on Rouse, who didn't look entirely bad, but didn't set the world on fire either.

I personally want to be done with Johnson altogether and bench him too, but that is only if Kenny recovers from his injury, and quite frankly, we don't know if he ever will. So we still have to give Johnson some life.

Do we want to gamble with Taylor Mays? Part of me is ok with it, but part of me isn't. He reminds me of Reggie Nelson too much, and while I was high on Nelson, Mays has the same red flags he did and Nelson has been a bust in the NFL.

Id like 1 of 2 possibilities:

1. Move into the top 10 and get McClain
2. Move back to the late 20s, nab Dan Williams, then take our 2nd and whatever picks we got from moving back and move back into the early 2nd and nab Brandon Spikes
Old 01-12-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thinking about it now, McClain just makes so much sense.

Let's be real, our team was decimated by injuries. Our defense is NOT that bad. And of course our coordinator was a big problem as well.

Our secondary is fine, we just need a reliable SS. That can be had in round 2 and up. Or get Dawan Landry in FA. Or Atogwe. Boom, done. Our DEs are fine. They were all injured this year. Our OLBs are fine. Sintim will be solid at SAM, Boley is fine at WILL. Our CBs are beyond fine, I'll put our collective CB trio up against any in the league.

But what are we missing from defense?

We need a MIKE, have needed one for awhile now. We need leadership. We need run stuffers. We need a smart guy who can line guys up.

Sounds like we need Rolando McClain. He'll give us the smarts we need, the run stuffing presence in the middle we desperately need, and eventually the leadership we need. He'll finally give us a presence at LB.

Now obviously, McClain still needs some DTs in front of him. But thats ok, theres plenty of other rounds in the draft to nab one.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Just thinking about it now, McClain just makes so much sense.

Let's be real, our team was decimated by injuries. Our defense is NOT that bad. And of course our coordinator was a big problem as well.

Our secondary is fine, we just need a reliable SS. That can be had in round 2 and up. Or get Dawan Landry in FA. Or Atogwe. Boom, done. Our DEs are fine. They were all injured this year. Our OLBs are fine. Sintim will be solid at SAM, Boley is fine at WILL. Our CBs are beyond fine, I'll put our collective CB trio up against any in the league.

But what are we missing from defense?

We need a MIKE, have needed one for awhile now. We need leadership. We need run stuffers. We need a smart guy who can line guys up.

Sounds like we need Rolando McClain. He'll give us the smarts we need, the run stuffing presence in the middle we desperately need, and eventually the leadership we need. He'll finally give us a presence at LB.

Now obviously, McClain still needs some DTs in front of him. But thats ok, theres plenty of other rounds in the draft to nab one.
Antoine Bethea and Dawan Landry are the only safeties i like in FA for us, and i agree Earl Thomas is small, but he has a great deal of potential and great instincts.

I might take Spikes over McClain just off of how we could possibly get him in the second, and McClain would cost as more money and value.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Antoine Bethea and Dawan Landry are the only safeties i like in FA for us, and i agree Earl Thomas is small, but he has a great deal of potential and great instincts.

I might take Spikes over McClain just off of how we could possibly get him in the second, and McClain would cost as more money and value.
I really really really like Spikes. This is going to be a tough draft to gauge. We can do so many different things.

I think Spikes is going to be nasty too. And if we ever run Spags scheme again (doubt it), he'd be just as good as McClain in it. He's a great blitzer and downhill run stuffer.

Spikes would be pretty nasty for us.

Id be ecstatic with either one.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know George Selvie isn't the best pass rusher in the world, but his stock is skydiving to a point where he's looking like a round 4 guy.

If he is available at that point, I wouldn't mind picking him up and using him as a situational pass rusher. He sucks now that he's tried to pack on weight, but if we make him get back down to 240 and just rush him on 3rd downs, why not?

At that point in the draft, its not a bad idea.

Id love Hardy if anything, but he's a round 2 guy and I don't think we should be investing that early in a pass rusher. If we need a pass rusher that bad we should just convert Sintim to a DE.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really really really like Spikes. This is going to be a tough draft to gauge. We can do so many different things.

I think Spikes is going to be nasty too. And if we ever run Spags scheme again (doubt it), he'd be just as good as McClain in it. He's a great blitzer and downhill run stuffer.

Spikes would be pretty nasty for us.

Id be ecstatic with either one.
I COMPLETELY AGREE! what i see in spikes is a special competitor that may not be more athletic or as fast or quick as Rolando McClain, but he plays like a monster with intimidation and almost reminds me of LT's mentality from the book the blindside "he simply wouldn't allow himself to be viewed in any way except as the best" probably not properly quoted, but i think spikes has that attitude and wont allow another team to beat him.

Quote:
I know George Selvie isn't the best pass rusher in the world, but his stock is skydiving to a point where he's looking like a round 4 guy.

If he is available at that point, I wouldn't mind picking him up and using him as a situational pass rusher. He sucks now that he's tried to pack on weight, but if we make him get back down to 240 and just rush him on 3rd downs, why not?

At that point in the draft, its not a bad idea.

Id love Hardy if anything, but he's a round 2 guy and I don't think we should be investing that early in a pass rusher. If we need a pass rusher that bad we should just convert Sintim to a DE.
Eh, i really like Selvie, but at 240 he just simply will get pushed around, if he could find a happy medium i would have no problem, in fact id be pretty ecstatic. Hardy im not high on, he doesn't seem to be the player he was hyped to be and his attitude toward football seems piss poor

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My sig and BaLLiN's sig sum up my feelings

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hoping we trade out of our pick. If we stay at 15 I think we're looking at Brian Price or Taylor Mays.

My dream though is a trade back for Dan Williams, so we can grab a guy like Major Wright in round two and with an additional third rounder we can nab Tennant and Vince Oghobaase. That way we've got our OL sorted out for the most part, we've added safety depth and re-loaded our weak DT position.

I'd love to add McClain or Spikes, but I think Goff is a lot closer to those two than are say Rouse or Bernard to Williams, Oghobaase and Wright.

Come to think of it I'd adore that draft, although if we can't trade back I'd be happy with Price, Wright and Tennant or Mays, Bailey and Oghobaase. Safety depth and a re-stocking of our DT position are the two biggest offseason needs in my opinion, we have a lot of options this summer to do that so we're just going to have to wait and see, we could still sign guys like Landry at SS, Nick Cole at C, Richard Seymour (who might actually also give us a great dose of leadership and energy) or Ryan Pickett at DT or Karlos Dansby at MLB. Any of those moves could have a massive impact on our draft concerns and are moves I'd be happy with as long as the price tag doesn't get out of hand.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 01-15-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Chad Jones? I don't think he's a good fit for us simply because of how raw he is, but by that same token there's a lot of raw talent there that could be a total steal in rounds 2 or 3.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm really hoping we trade out of our pick. If we stay at 15 I think we're looking at Brian Price or Taylor Mays.

My dream though is a trade back for Dan Williams, so we can grab a guy like Major Wright in round two and with an additional third rounder we can nab Tennant and Vince Oghobaase. That way we've got our OL sorted out for the most part, we've added safety depth and re-loaded our weak DT position.

I'd love to add McClain or Spikes, but I think Goff is a lot closer to those two than are say Rouse or Bernard to Williams, Oghobaase and Wright.

Come to think of it I'd adore that draft, although if we can't trade back I'd be happy with Price, Wright and Tennant or Mays, Bailey and Oghobaase. Safety depth and a re-stocking of our DT position are the two biggest offseason needs in my opinion, we have a lot of options this summer to do that so we're just going to have to wait and see, we could still sign guys like Landry at SS, Nick Cole at C, Richard Seymour (who might actually also give us a great dose of leadership and energy) or Ryan Pickett at DT or Karlos Dansby at MLB. Any of those moves could have a massive impact on our draft concerns and are moves I'd be happy with as long as the price tag doesn't get out of hand.
Well that would be nice but I don't want Dan Williams unless we somehow trade back in the mid 20's. Trading back is going to be difficult, and honestly I don't really even consider it an option because it's way too unpredictable to rely on happening. I expect we'll be picking at 15 and the only guy who really interests me is Earl Thomas. Mays I would be alright with but I think Thomas would become a stud under Fuwell.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this sucks. there's nobody of need that I'm in love with, and it's making me sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well that would be nice but I don't want Dan Williams unless we somehow trade back in the mid 20's. Trading back is going to be difficult, and honestly I don't really even consider it an option because it's way too unpredictable to rely on happening. I expect we'll be picking at 15 and the only guy who really interests me is Earl Thomas. Mays I would be alright with but I think Thomas would become a stud under Fuwell.
Agreed, but I'm iffy about Thomas, I think he's a fantastic FS, but I think what we need most is a safety who can help us against the run without being a liability in coverage. I just worry that a Thomas and Phillips or Johnson combo will be lacking against the run. I think Thomas is probably better than Mays, but Mays might be a better fit. If Kenny comes back Mays could paly his favorite deep role letting Kenny roam around more as a play maker while also having the ability to come up against the run. He's certainly not a traditional SS either because he needs to play further from the line, but he can help our run D on the outside from that spot while giving us a wonderful safety line at the back of our secondary.

I'm starting to sell myself on Brian Price, he's scary fast off the snap and has the strength to stuff the run while wreaking havoc. I've liked him since I got to watch him in early November, but I've worried he might be a reach that high. I still think he might be a slight reach, but with a strong offseason that might not be the case. If we can nab him in the first, a SS in round two or three and a bigger DT like Oghobaase or Odrick our D could be much further on its way to becoming force.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this sucks. there's nobody of need that I'm in love with, and it's making me sad.
I'm with you on this one. There's just nobody I really want at 15 right now. It's a weird spot. I better start to watch more video and read up on some of the guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking that a was a funny position until recently

now there is a clear player I want and he should be there:

FS Earl Thomas

Thomas is a similar style of player to Eric Berry and is already #11 on kiper's big board. It means we will be able to shift Phillips to SS.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

I fully believe if we trade back to pick 20-25 Earl thomas will be there, his size will hurt him, couple that with the possibility of Taylor Mays running well at the combine, he's the #2 safety and Thomas likely will be in competition with Chad Jones for the #3 Safety spot and win.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What is wrong with OJ Atogwei? I actually prefer him to both Bethea and Landry, but Bethea is pretty damn good though.

If we go with one of these guys, we can then focus on a DT or a Mike backer. I would prefer a Mike, but we need a DT help stop the run, and I don't think there will be a good DT around in the second round.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I fully believe if we trade back to pick 20-25 Earl thomas will be there, his size will hurt him, couple that with the possibility of Taylor Mays running well at the combine, he's the #2 safety and Thomas likely will be in competition with Chad Jones for the #3 Safety spot and win.
I don't. Not even in the slightest. Trading back is usually pretty difficult, and in addition to that I think Earl Thomas will be gone if we don't take him at 15.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Earl Thomas
5'10''
197 lbs
4.5ish 40

52 Solo tackles
19 Assisted tackles
4 forced fumbles
2 interceptions

39 Solo tackles
18 Assisted tackles
1 forced fumble
8 interceptions
149 int. return yards
18.6 return avg.
92 long
2 TDs

Ed Reed
5'11''
205 lbs
4.57 40

35 Solo, 9 Assited, 44 total tackles, 1-2 TFL-Yards, 0 FF, 2-1 FR-YDS, 9 int-206 yards, 18 PDs

59 Solo, 21 Assited, 80 total tackles, 0-0 TFL-Yards, 0 FF, 0-0 FR-YDS, 8 int-92 yards, 23 PDs

48 Solo, 26 Assited, 74 total tackles, 4-30 TFL-Yards, 0 FF, 1-0 FR-YDS, 2 int-38 yards, 4 PDs

61 Solo, 29 Assited, 90 total tackles, 2-15 TFL-Yards, 4 FF, 1-0 FR-YDS, 2 int-53 yards, 7 PDs

Total
203 Solo, 85 Assited, 288 total tackles, 7-47 TFL-Yards, 4 FF, 4-1 FR-YDS, 21 int-389 yards, 52 PDs

Drafted: 24th to the Baltimore Ravens in 2002

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 01-17-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel that by staying at 15 we either make a steal in McClain or a reach in Thomas and I can't see Reese trading out of the spot for McClain so unless he falls to us we are gonna trade back a few slots to make the Thomas picck seem like it wasn't a reach. I mean there is always a chance of staying at 15 and taking someone, but Reese loves to get extra picks to nab late round guys who end up being studs in our system.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

IMO the best thing to do if Thomas is there at 15 trade back to 19 if we can(can't go to 20 or after cause Houston will take Thomas) tale him there, get an extra 3rd and use that and our 2nd to trade up for a guy like Spikes. Thoughts?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Well i know they (Houston) prob wont go OL unless Anthony Davis is available, TE, WR, FB, RB is a possibility but there are no elite backs out there, QB isn't really necessary. As far as defense is concerned, isnt DeMeco Ryans a FA? if he leaves MLB is an option, CB has been a glaring need, DT is a slight need, and a Dan Williams would be great for their run D.

Earl is OURS!!!

I agree^^^

Chances are that McClain is gone, im betting a valueable player falls that is not important to us whatsoever, so we trade down, depending on how many players out there we'd like, we potentially pick up another 2nd.

1. (trade down pick 19-25) Earlzz Thomas
2. (trade up picks 37-42) Brandon Spikezz

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

So no thoughts on Brian Price? The more I see the more I see the every down interior threat we haven't had in as long as I've been a fan. Price is more of a penetrator than a run stuffer, but he's great at breaking off of his blocker to stop the run.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
So no thoughts on Brian Price? The more I see the more I see the every down interior threat we haven't had in as long as I've been a fan. Price is more of a penetrator than a run stuffer, but he's great at breaking off of his blocker to stop the run.
Price is a gamble pick. Could end up being another Jay Alford or Glenn Dorsey, or could be the compliment we need at DT. I like him but he won't break the top 15 on my board, thus he won't be an option for the 1st pick unless a trade down ensues.

http://www.newerascouting.com/01/bri...outing-report/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
1. (trade down pick 19-25) Earlzz Thomas
2. (trade up picks 37-42) Brandon Spikezz
this right now is my dream draft