Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Playoff ref crews

I didn't see a topic for this, if there is one mods please close this.

Here's a list of the known assigned crews so far:

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-ref...ffssuper-bowl/

Quote:
Wild Card Weekend

NY Jets at Cincinnati – Bill Leavy
Philadelphia at Dallas – Ed Hochuli
Baltimore at New England – Gene Steratore
Green Bay at Arizona – Scott Green

Divisional Playoffs

Arizona at New Orleans – Ron Winter
Baltimore at Indianapolis – Carl Cheffers
Dallas at Minnesota – Walt Anderson
NY Jets at San Diego – Jerome Boger

Conference Championships

TBA

Pro Bowl

NFC at AFC

Super Bowl

TBA
I am so glad Ron Winters' crew isn't doing the Colts/Ravens game. That would be horrible. HE is horrible.

Anyone know anything about Carl Cheffers? Apparently he reversed a JRuss TD pass to Louis Murphy vs. SF early this season, but beyond that I can't find much either good or bad about him.

If anyone has any good blown call stories about a certain ref crew, I'd like to hear them so I can know who to watch out for.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If anyone has any good blown call stories about a certain ref crew, I'd like to hear them so I can know who to watch out for.
lol, I know a pretty good Hochuli story. He can stay the hell away from my team.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
lol, I know a pretty good Hochuli story. He can stay the hell away from my team.
Heh. Yeah I'm sure you do. Oh well the Donkos tanked anyway.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Green will forever be my most hated ref after letting Fitzgerald run through Woodson on two occasions. Missing a helmet to helmet call in overtime and the one I am least mad about, the facemask on Rodgers.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Scott Green will forever be my most hated ref after letting Fitzgerald run through Woodson on two occasions. Missing a helmet to helmet call in overtime and the one I am least mad about, the facemask on Rodgers.
Charles Woodson got bullied. I mean those calls could of went either way. Larry Fitz just ran and as soon as he got close to Woodson he would pull his arms up like Woodson was the one causing the contact. He sold it well without pressing off with his arms. The helmet to helmet was bull but the face mask was irrelivant at the time it happened.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Charles Woodson got bullied. I mean those calls could of went either way. Larry Fitz just ran and as soon as he got close to Woodson he would pull his arms up like Woodson was the one causing the contact. He sold it well without pressing off with his arms. The helmet to helmet was bull but the face mask was irrelivant at the time it happened.
Don't get me wrong, I like when the refs let them play because our CBs tend to be a little touchy feely but twice I can remember where Fitzgerald ran through Woodson. Correct me if I'm wrong here but is that not a penalty? The facemask isn't really one I'm angry about but it had to be acknowledged in the post.

And with all the talk about how the NFL favors the QBs with penalties, where was that? How do you miss a helmet to helmet call on a QB? Most weeks people would be calling for a fine for that knowing Goodell but it wasn't even called.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

************. We get ******* Ron Winter. ****!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like when the refs let them play because our CBs tend to be a little touchy feely but twice I can remember where Fitzgerald ran through Woodson. Correct me if I'm wrong here but is that not a penalty? The facemask isn't really one I'm angry about but it had to be acknowledged in the post.

And with all the talk about how the NFL favors the QBs with penalties, where was that? How do you miss a helmet to helmet call on a QB? Most weeks people would be calling for a fine for that knowing Goodell but it wasn't even called.
Oh I agree. I seen both the helmet to helmet and the face mask during the game but the Fitz Woodson thing I just seen highlights of. I do believe if Woodson would of put the smallest amount of hands on Fitz theyicall reciever. I would of called the PI on him. There aren't a lot of offensive PI calls in the league and Fitz probably won't get many on him because he is a physical receiver and a superstar. I still say Fitz played them off very well by making it seem like Woodson was the one making the contact and the refs didn't call it.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell does Ron Winter get a playoff game and with the Saints-Cards game, which will already take forever I think cuz both teams' defenses will be struggle.. He is ******* terrible. Prolly the worst one besides Jeff Triplette.

Last edited by yodabear : 01-12-2010 at 09:40 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the NFL is saving Mike Carey for the later rounds.

Future HOFer
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Winter did the Colts playoff game last year. The Chargers got 25 yards and 3 first downs from penalties on the first drive of over-time. I realize that a ref can't win/lose a game, they can certainly turn the tide in a close game.

In an attempt to not go there, Chargers still had to make plays/they scored a TD to win in overtime/Colts had their chance to win it etc. But I cringe when I hear Ron Winters reffing a Colts game.

P.S. After some minor research a while back I'm of the belief that Ron Winters tends to favor the home team. So this isn't necessarily a bad thing Saints fans.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 01-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
falloutboy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Ron Winter did the Colts playoff game last year. The Chargers got 25 yards and 3 first downs from penalties on the first drive of over-time. I realize that a ref can't win/lose a game, they can certainly turn the tide in a close game.

In an attempt to not go there, Chargers still had to make plays/they scored a TD to win in overtime/Colts had their chance to win it etc. But I cringe when I hear Ron Winters reffing a Colts game.

P.S. After some minor research a while back I'm of the belief that Ron Winters tends to favor the home team. So this isn't necessarily a bad thing Saints fans.
He had some horrible calls when we played in GB last year too.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Oh I agree. I seen both the helmet to helmet and the face mask during the game but the Fitz Woodson thing I just seen highlights of. I do believe if Woodson would of put the smallest amount of hands on Fitz theyicall reciever. I would of called the PI on him. There aren't a lot of offensive PI calls in the league and Fitz probably won't get many on him because he is a physical receiver and a superstar. I still say Fitz played them off very well by making it seem like Woodson was the one making the contact and the refs didn't call it.
It's really a moot point now that the game is over and it's in the past. Being that it wasn't called with that crew, do you think that Fitzgerald does it again this week? Playing it off one game is understandable but to continue to do it and not get it called remains to be seen. I don't think the refs are as lenient this week.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
I see the NFL is saving Mike Carey for the later rounds.
As they should, he does a great job and is my personal favorite

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote