Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
poker is pretty cool
It seems shallow minded to assume that just because 9 guys sit and gaze into each others' eyes for hours at a time that they are cool.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha! Score 1 for duck! Hoowah!

I do agree that poker is cool, though.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
poker is pretty cool
understatement of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
It seems shallow minded to assume that just because 9 guys sit and gaze into each others' eyes for hours at a time that they are cool.
No one does it better than the guy in my signature.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

nm...........
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ivy is good, but people seem to think he's some sort of god. He's not a mind-reader, and he does lose sometimes. Others have more bracelets and win more money. You just have to say there are a ton of good players out there, and Ivy is one of them...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-07-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Ivy is good, but people seem to think he's some sort of god. He's not a mind-reader, and he does lose sometimes. Others have more bracelets and win more money. You just have to say there are a ton of good players out there, and Ivy is one of them...
I think the reason people like Ivy so much is because he's very agressive.

As opposed to someone like Dan Harrington, who's very conservative, but just as successfull, if not more so.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I am going to AC tomorrow to play in the WSOP Circuit Event, plus some cash game play at Showboat and Trop. Staying at the Trump Marina. I am very much looking forward to this...
My time stamp things are messed up, did you leave yet?
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

As opposed to someone like Dan Harrington, who's very conservative, but just as successfull, if not more so.
Im a big Harrington fan.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never participated in a AC tournament. I gotta find the time to do it one of these days.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Doesn't matter, you don't want to stare into his eyes.

Scares the **** out of you.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
My time stamp things are messed up, did you leave yet?
Leaving tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Doesn't matter, you don't want to stare into his eyes.

Scares the **** out of you.
why... if you are scared of someone at the table you might not want to be there...
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Okay, so you don't stare into his eyes. You just play your game. You can't adjust your game to revere or fear anyone. When you start playing scared, you're a dead man...

Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Leaving tomorrow morning. Can't wait!
Alright man, have a good time. Play well.

How far away from AC are you?
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being the only prominent black player doesn't hurt either, he gets that Tiger Woods swag. Plus, when compared to most of the mealy mouthed fatasses on the professional tour he comes off cooler than Jimmy Hedrix.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Being the only prominent black player doesn't hurt either, he gets that Tiger Woods swag. Plus, when compared to most of the mealy mouthed fatasses on the professional tour he comes off cooler than Jimmy Hedrix.
Paul Darden?

He isn't "ivey" successful but he is decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
why... if you are scared of someone at the table you might not want to be there...
I'm just implying it's intemedating to look into his eyes.

Damn.

people wanna act like they not scared of anything.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Im a big Harrington fan.
Me too. Very few mention him in the "best poker player" discussions, but more often then not he is still playing when other great players are heading for the exits.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't think he's saying that Ivey is popular because he's black. He's saying that he is *the* prominant black player on the televised poker circuit.

Darden is still getting better, but he is good.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Paul Darden?

He isn't "ivey" successful but he is decent.
Precisely.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Damn.

people wanna act like they not scared of anything.
well... at the poker table im not...
1. I dont play with people im scared of
2. I dont play with money i dont have or cant afford to lose
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Me too. Very few mention him in the "best poker player" discussions, but more often then not he is still playing when other great players are heading for the exits.
I hear his poker books are excellent.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I agree 100% he is in my opinion the best holdem tournament player in the world.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am just finishing Harrington III right now. His books have made my game infinitely better.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
I agree 100% he is in my opinion the best holdem tournament player in the world.
Right now, I would agree. He had an off year last year.

Look for Ivey to climb back in it as well as Negreanu and Cunningham again.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Right now, I would agree. He had an off year last year.

Look for Ivey to climb back in it as well as Negreanu and Cunningham again.
I cant stand Negreanu, but Ivey is always one of the top players.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2