Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:43 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think that added weight had anything to do with it? Peterson having a down year or getting just to tired by years end, no big play.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Not really.
Alright Homer

V.Davis: 78 Catches 965 yds 13 TDs (SF had 23 Pass TDs and 3293 pass yds)
A.Gates: 79 Catches 1157 yds 8 TDs (SD had 29 Pass TDs and 4506 pass yds)

Not taking anything away from Gates but Davis played a bigger role in his offense.
5 more TDs is a signifant amount as well. Plus Rivers >>>>>>>> All QBs rocking 49er unis
That makes what Davis did that more impressive

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Plus Rivers >>>>>>>> All QBs rocking 49er unis
After the year he had you can just about knock off the 49er unis part.

That said, that is a close battle that has no clear winner. I think Clark was better than both and I think that Gates fully deserved his spot but so did Davis. How much value do you place on the extra 200 yards is the real question there, I think it's a big part of why their offense was better, but still, I would probably take Davis in my all pro teams. Would be interesting to see the total votes.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Statistically this was his worst year and watching him he was no where near as dangerous by year end he has become a plodder as much as anything, just isn't flashing that big play ability.
I blame the offensive line, they have been awful at run blocking this year. How many times have when seen Peterson get hit in the backfield as soon as he takes the hand off?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
dhp318
Rookie

dhp318 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The team is named after him. All-Pro. It's basically a synonym for Jordyzzz.

Anyone else surprised that there weren't more unanimous votes? I mean Patrick Willis, come on. One of Darrelle Revis or Charles Woodson, if not both, should have been unanimous. I really don't see how you can vote any other CB in over those two as a respected writer.
I want to find out who the one write was that didn't vote for Patrick Willis. On the other hand, I guess I could see someone taking Asomugha over one of the other two aforementioned cornerbacks.
dhp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
the team still got Sexy rex to the super bowl
fixed it for you

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 01-15-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp318 View Post
I want to find out who the one write was that didn't vote for Patrick Willis. On the other hand, I guess I could see someone taking Asomugha over one of the other two aforementioned cornerbacks.
When they don't have unanimous votes, I would like to see who else got mentions. I think everyone on this board would. Is there any way to see that? I doubt it but it should be made available.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I blame the offensive line, they have been awful at run blocking this year. How many times have when seen Peterson get hit in the backfield as soon as he takes the hand off?
This argument never works once people have something in their head; see Tomlinson, Ladainian.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
After the year he had you can just about knock off the 49er unis part.

That said, that is a close battle that has no clear winner. I think Clark was better than both and I think that Gates fully deserved his spot but so did Davis. How much value do you place on the extra 200 yards is the real question there, I think it's a big part of why their offense was better, but still, I would probably take Davis in my all pro teams. Would be interesting to see the total votes.
If you factor in blocking, Davis is the best tight end in the game and should easily be first team all pro. It really is an understatement to say that he's a great blocker. Mike Martz didn't know how to use him in the passing game last year so he pretty much used him like a right tackle. He consistently had him going 1-on-1 with defensive ends, and Davis more than held his own. It was joked among Niner fans that maybe he should put on 50 pounds and become out left tackle, since he's so great at blocking.

I guess if receiving skills is the only thing that matters, then yea, those guys have a case, but if you factor in all aspects, then Davis blows them all away.
sup3rdup3r is offline   Reply With Quote