Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-16-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
I read that earlier, that injury combined with his inexperience as a freshman is probably the reason he played as bad as he did in the second half of the season. Hopefully he is completely healed up when next season starts.
Rumors were he was struggling a bit with grades towards the end of the season to. I think the injuries Tate had, the loss of Molk for the season, Minor and Brown getting injured...again, and really a lack of a recieving game outside of Roundtree all contributed.

Plus, when Tate and Molk both got hurt Rich Rod started running more with Tate (and Shoelace) than just letting Tate pass.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Whoever the quarterback is, I bet we will see a heavy dose of Royster, Green, and whoever.
I wonder who (lattimore) you have in mind there.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I wonder who (lattimore) you have in mind there.
Redd, Suhey, Beachum(if healthy), Carter. But yes, if Lattimore is commiting to PSU, I think he's going to get carries.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson ran a 6.81 in the 60 yard dash.. holy shiznit.. he needs to play WR or CB.
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWolves View Post
Denard Robinson ran a 6.81 in the 60 yard dash.. holy shiznit.. he needs to play WR or CB.
He's fairly fast.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He's fairly fast.
Does he have running from the police speed like how an announcer describe Chris Johnson?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does he have running from the police speed like how an announcer describe Chris Johnson?
Denard Robinson makes Usain Bolt look slow.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Redd, Suhey, Beachum(if healthy), Carter. But yes, if Lattimore is commiting to PSU, I think he's going to get carries.
I'd like to see Curtis Dukes get carries next year also. He's a very talented back also.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I'd like to see Curtis Dukes get carries next year also. He's a very talented back also.
I read he might move to FB. Do not quote me, though.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There needs to be more Michigan State in this thread... ok that's enough :). I like what I saw from Cousins this season (besides throwing the ball when defenders are hanging all over him), but our secondary is just atrocious. Losing Ware won't help that any.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
There needs to be more Michigan State in this thread...
There would be, but all of their players are busy beating up fellow students.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
cdmPSU17
Rookie

cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I read he might move to FB. Do not quote me, though.
From what I've heard, Dukes is in the doghouse with the coaching staff. Don't expect him to get many carries regardless of position.

Penn State Dolphins Dodgers Wolves FC

cdmPSU17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or is tOSU LB core stacked?

Adam Homan, Ross Homan, Dorian Bell, Storm Klein, Tyler Moeller, Brian Rolle, Etienne Sabino, Andrew Sweat, Jordan Whiting.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post

Adam Homan, Ross Homan, Dorian Bell, Storm Klein, Tyler Moeller, Brian Rolle, Etienne Sabino, Andrew Sweat, Jordan Whiting.
Absolutely ridiculous. They're stacked pretty much everywhere on defense.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see this year as a reloading year for PSU. I think they'll be competitive, but I don't see them getting more than 9 wins. One thing you can say about PSU is barring a gap of talent, they win the games that they should win all the time. They don't get upset really.

I think PSU is going to be very good in 2011-2012, but we'll see where things go.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

It's easy to recruit great talent when you constantly have one of the best defenses in the NCAA, and star linebackers are being produced from that system on a consistent basis.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
It's easy to recruit great talent when you constantly have one of the best defenses in the NCAA, and star linebackers are being produced from that system on a consistent basis.
To be fair, it's not entirely a matter of recruiting. Guys like A.J Hawk, James Laurinaitis, Brian Rolle, and Tyler Moeller, among others, were all three star recruits or lower.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
To be fair, it's not entirely a matter of recruiting. Guys like A.J Hawk, James Laurinaitis, Brian Rolle, and Tyler Moeller, among others, were all three star recruits or lower.
It's not hard when you are the only game in a state as big and with as much football talent as Ohio.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
It's not hard when you are the only game in a state as big and with as much football talent as Ohio.
Hawk is from Ohio, but the others aren't. Laurinaitis is from Minnesota and Rolle and Moeller are from Florida.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
T.Smith
Rookie

T.Smith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Yes, If Noeller comes back he is probably our best Linebacker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDDeMNxaWe8 @ 55 seconds in

Although I would like to see him moved to the Star Position that Hines played.
I think Bino Steps in for Spitler, and im still waiting for Bells chance, he is going to be a hell of a player and leader imo.

It could all be shaken up if Hicks decides to come here, and with recent interviews of him, there is a good chance of him coming(Texas is still looking like the option) Hicks Bell and Bino would be one hell of a line backing corp, like freaky as hell.
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't sound like Moeller will be doing much until fall at the earliest, and he is smaller so I expect him to play the STAR that Hines has played the past two years (Hines should be playing strong safety now fulltime as kurt coleman's replacement). Moeller looked amazing at STAR in the last couple games of 2008 and last spring - but getting major head injuries and losing weight from not working out is hard to come back from, at least in tip top form. That should give Sabino the oppurtunity to lock down the SLB spot. Nice little depth chart at LB next year:

WLB-Ross Homan, Andrew Sweat, Jordan Hicks?, Scott McVey
MLB-Brian Rolle, Storm Klein, Jordan Whiting
SLB-Etienne Sabino, Tyler Moeller, Dorian Bell, Jamel Turner

plus Jonathan Newsome, who might move to DE.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

I pumped for UW next season, beside for having to watch the worse most overrated crap QB in the Big Ten throw the ball all season. Tolzien is aweful and the real stud, Phillips is forced to ride the bench.... ughh beside for that they should be damn good.

Denard Robinson is a stud and they need to us him everywhere. Put him at RB/WR/Wildcat/KR he is just so explosive with the ball. I'm all for Rich-Rod using him sparingly again this season as just a back-up QB and Wildcat. As a Badger fan that would be a dream. The less Robinson touches the ball the better.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dude......what?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
There would be, but all of their players are busy beating up fellow students.
Sorry that our athletes aren't hanging out in their general studies classes all day!
scUM: come here for a great education in a field that no one will hire you in. Not even your own alumni.
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan4224 View Post
Sorry that our athletes aren't hanging out in their general studies classes all day!
scUM: come here for a great education in a field that no one will hire you in. Not even your own alumni.
You're right. Beating up kids is much more impressive. Maybe some time in general studies would help you come up with creative nicknames for Michigan. Misdemeanor State University fans...not too creative.

Someday, MSU will move up in academic standards past a JUCO level.

Michigan State- Come here and get a terrible education in any field.

Last edited by Sniper : 01-25-2010 at 04:35 PM.