Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-16-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Congrats Saints, completely outplayed us today. I have always had a soft spot for the Saints and will be rooting for you.
cheers dude, also nice to hear that the bandwagon is filling up again ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game AZ.

We definitely have that swag back going into the Conference Championship game now.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fellow Saints fans, you know what this is.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post

fellow Saints fans, you know what this is.
a five dollar foot-tall?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

40 Burger!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that sure ruined everyone's dream of piling onto the Saints and/or certain players.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheres Antrel Rolle? I want that fool to eat that 40 burger...NOW!!
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon down, guys. We still got two games left. Let's not get too overexcited now.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
C'mon down, guys. We still got two games left. Let's not get too overexcited now.
I'm not, I really haven't even celebrated, because at this point, I'd be disappointed with anything less than a Lombardi trophy.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC Championship Game: Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

Well, guys - we're almost there. Almost on that road to Miami but we have to beat a tough Vikings opponent to get there.

I'm still bitter about them beating us last season on Monday Night Football - I think it'll be a good game next week and not like the blowout we witnessed of the Cardinals.

Sean Payton must, must find ways to protect Jermon Bushrod facing Jared Allen. He fared well against Bertrand Berry but Allen is an entirely different animal. Stinchcomb will get tested against Ray Edwards too. Hopefully our interior will show their worth against the Williams'. That's the strength of the Vikings - if we're able to protect Drew Brees and give him time, I think we'll do well against the Vikings' secondary.

As far as our offense, must stop Adrian Peterson. He hasn't had those big runs as of late but he's still a threat and one of the best backs in the league. We must find a way to put pressure on Brett Favre - Jabari Greer will have a tough assignment going against Sidney Rice yet he's been one of the best corners in the league this season when healthy. The Vikings have a lot of weapons for us to contain and hopefully Gregg Williams will be up to the task.

Let's go out there and take this one guys and stamp our ticket to Miami.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 01-18-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might write something up for this game later on in the week... but in short for now I'll just say I was positively surprised with the way the Saints beat the Cardinals... it was impressive but I'm still worried about this game against Minnesota. I think they match up with us really well, and even though it's at home I'm still worried....
Old 01-18-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year we held AP to his lowest rushing total I htink ever? haha i dont wanna look it up. But I expect Thomas and/or Shockey to help chip and Evans to pull out like those fake counters to help Bushrod. Exploit their MLB (Brinkley) and look for matchups for Bush again on LBs and Safeties. Use the screen to counter balance Allen and company on the dline. Defensively I see us blitzingtheir right side of their line because itll be easier to get in then their left (Mckennie and hutch). Look for Sharper to watch the Harvin middle routes and Harper to play shorter for Shanicoe. I see Farve trying to pull it off yet again but 2+ picks. 35-17 Saints.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm really worried about how our offensive line will hold up, and whether or not Porter,Greer,Sharper, and Old Man Harper can play at their peak.

Honestly i have submitted to the fact that AP hasn't had a big game for in awhile and historically every player in the NFL has a great day against the Saints when that player is in a slump...might even break a record. It always happens against the Saints.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the vikings defense is alot like the giants defense. strong front seven against the run and very good power rushers but very, very poor back seven.

I'm thinking that brees is going to spread them out just like last year in 3-4wr sets like we did against the giants and pass for about 3-4 touchdowns.

i dont see the vikings having an answer for meachem, henderson, bush, shockey and tomas. let alone our running game.

saints 35, vikings 20
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
i'm really worried about how our offensive line will hold up, and whether or not Porter,Greer,Sharper, and Old Man Harper can play at their peak.
You mean old man Sharper? haha. But I see this as the best DT combo vs. the best OG combo itll be an exciting matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
the vikings defense is alot like the giants defense. strong front seven against the run and very good power rushers but very, very poor back seven
So the lbers are sucky against the pass but good against the run? Im trying to understand this sentence.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So the lbers are sucky against the pass but good against the run? Im trying to understand this sentence.
exactly.

quick on the uptake there....

they couldn't cover mark cambell, reggie bush and billy miller last year, why would they be able to now?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ees-highlights
Old 01-19-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you have a point I think this is a game we're going to have to win by Passing the ball, we have this Dome-field advantage might as well utilize it to our best ability.

Just because we managed to contain Peterson pretty well in our game last year doesn't mean we will be able to again this year... our biggest weakness this season has been stopping the run and Peterson is always a fearsome back to match up against.

The Vikings have an incredibly disruptive Defensive line as we saw against Dallas, where Romo was under constant pressure. Our O-line has to be up to a big task, my biggest concern is Jared Allen vs. the Left side of our line... Bushrod surely is bound to struggle if he's left one on one with him. So it'll be interesting to see how we compensate, and Ray Edwards is coming off a monster game he might give us some troubles as well.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

[quote=zachsaints52;1978935]You mean old man Sharper? QUOTE]

you would think thats who i would be talking about but Harper was on the NFL Network after the game and the man had gray hair and looked to be about 50 years old. it was crazy.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Haha yeah its all good. But I see THomas chipping on Allen and max protecting. Id put our 3 WRs vs their Seconday any day, as long as Brees has the time.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
The Vikings have an incredibly disruptive Defensive line as we saw against Dallas, where Romo was under constant pressure.
While this is true, Dallas was able to do some things against the Vikings defense in the first half before it got out of hand.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I really think our spread offense will give them trouble. They are really huge and physical, but the back 7 can't cover for squat, if we can hold up at all up front, Brees should pick them apart. We have a lot of speed on offense, and they have a lot of power on defense.

Our defense has played well every time we have been healthy, I have no reason to believe they won't again, I think we can take this!

I'm worried about Peterson as well, I'm just hoping that the team doesn't sleep on him.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:55 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenie View Post
This is going to be the "real" superbowl. I think these are the two best teams out there.
If Indy wins the SB will be legit (and I will have accurately predicted the SB teams, look it up). I am in some ways hoping that "Gang Green" can pull an upset win out of their ass and we face an inferior Jets team in the SB however.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for you guys like crazy. Usually, once my team is out I am a happy observer, but if you guys knock out Brett and the Queens, you will forever have a place in my heart!
GO SAINTS GO!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Keeping Favre out of the Superbowl and leaving everyone's sanity intact is on the line here. If they get in and we have to hear about Favre's heroics for two weeks, there may be mass suicide from NFL fans.

It's all on us.