Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez you think you guys have it bad?....try being a Lions fan....
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well, I thought you were trying to infer that because we had 2 pro bowl OL men that we should've dominated more on the OL. Or that we had 2 guys that shouldn't have been PBlers. Fact is, they were outmatched by more Pro Bowlers.

Whole team sucked today... but we can't come away thinking that they are sucky players. Playing sucky and being sucky are 2 different things.
I think this is an excellent point. Remember last year after the Eagles game; we were very upset. We came back this year with some changes and dominated the Eagles and won the division. It's too soon after this bad game to overreact.

I've got some ideas on what we need to change:

1. Our OL was doing well until Flo got hurt. Maybe we could have plugged Free in for Columbo when he showed he was not moving well and possibly could have been okay, but Columbo just got owned.

2. This game was not on Romo. Sure, the INT was bad, but he was under seige all game. Frankly, I think it was amazing that he only have one pick?

3. Not a great game for JG, but when your OL is getting whipped, there's just not much an OC can do.

4. RW is a lazy quitter. That spot needs to be completely open competition come camp time.

5. Spears is a good run stuffer and I would like to have him back at a reasonable cost.

6. Let Carp walk and hope that either Williams or Hodge can fill that role.

7. While I don't hate Kosier, it would be nice to find another big hog to plug into that spot. He's fine most of the time, but when we play big physical DTs, he really struggles.

8. As much as I love Barber, our offense grinds to a hault when he is in the game. He just isn't as good as Felix and Choice. Wonder if he has any trade value.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think this is an excellent point. Remember last year after the Eagles game; we were very upset. We came back this year with some changes and dominated the Eagles and won the division. It's too soon after this bad game to overreact.

I've got some ideas on what we need to change:

1. Our OL was doing well until Flo got hurt. Maybe we could have plugged Free in for Columbo when he showed he was not moving well and possibly could have been okay, but Columbo just got owned.

We were getting the ball out quickly...our line was still getting owned even when Flozell was in there...do you not remember the fumble on the first drive?

2. This game was not on Romo. Sure, the INT was bad, but he was under seige all game. Frankly, I think it was amazing that he only have one pick?

3. Not a great game for JG, but when your OL is getting whipped, there's just not much an OC can do.

How about max protect? 3 Step drop? This is why Garrett is paid the big bucks....there is a TON he can do....why does he get off the hook?

4. RW is a lazy quitter. That spot needs to be completely open competition come camp time.

I have no problem with open competition but is this RW hate from previous games or the MN game?

5. Spears is a good run stuffer and I would like to have him back at a reasonable cost.

Spears is not a good run stuffer. He is an average run stuffer...who constantly takes himself out of plays and will collapse if thats where the OL feels soft. He is a selfish player...if he had elite talent he'd be the RLB flying up the field taking himself out of the play. He is a waste of talent.

6. Let Carp walk and hope that either Williams or Hodge can fill that role.

Carp did what to get cut? He isn't a cancer and is a fine role player and solid special teams player...why cut him?

7. While I don't hate Kosier, it would be nice to find another big hog to plug into that spot. He's fine most of the time, but when we play big physical DTs, he really struggles.

8. As much as I love Barber, our offense grinds to a hault when he is in the game. He just isn't as good as Felix and Choice. Wonder if he has any trade value.
response in bold

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OL was outmatched, but they were not getting "owned" while flo was in there. Our first 3 drives went right down into their end of the field. We probably still lose that game with Flo, but I do think if we could have put Free in for Columbo, we might have been more effective.

They did some max protect. Remember the Romo fumble? They kept the TE and RB in to protect on that.

You contradict yourself and say the OL was getting owned and then complain that there is TONS JG can do. And I'm not letting him off the hook; he didn't have a great game, but when your OL is getting their as*ses kicked, what exactly should he have done?

RW has been here for more than a year. Are you saying we need a bigger body of work to examine? And I'm not a hater....he is what he is.

I think Spears is more valuable than you...I wouldn't pay big money, but are you ready to give the job to Bowen full time?

Carp's contract is up so he would not be cut. He's been a decent role player.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta get rid of Spears.... a given. But I have to say... nobody's been saying it, but Olshansky disappointed me this year. He did ok, but he didn't live up to my expectations, that's for sure. I thought he would be better being back under Wade. He wasn't terrible... he just wasn't what I hoped.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW, I was hearing Carl Banks on the NY Radio station and he ripped JG for his play calling and inability to adjust the game plan.

OL got hammered too as "they did not come to play."
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry to say this, and please don't hurt my rep, but Suisham sucks!!!! Why do all Cowboy's kickers suck?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
FWIW, I was hearing Carl Banks on the NY Radio station and he ripped JG for his play calling and inability to adjust the game plan.

OL got hammered too as "they did not come to play."
Carl Banks?

Well, Joe Avezanno said on TV last night that you could tell JG and the coaches did make adjustments. Sometimes you just get whipped.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-18-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carl Banks?

Well, Joe Avezanno said on TV last night that you could tell JG and the coaches did make adjustments. Sometimes you just get whipped.
FWIW, Carl Banks is more an authority of truth and fact than Joe Avezanno IMHO when it comes to Cowboys.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

For real??

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-18-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
For real??
Yes, for real.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Carl Banks, in NYC, is more in tune with what happens with the Cowboys than one of their former coaches that still lives in the area?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-18-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Carl Banks, in NYC, is more in tune with what happens with the Cowboys than one of their former coaches that still lives in the area?
OK, that is not what is being written. Oh boy.

Carl Banks is going to give you a more honest opinion of JG's performance yesterday.

That does not mean Banks knows more about the Cowboys than Joe.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I'm sorry to say this, and please don't hurt my rep, but Suisham sucks!!!! Why do all Cowboy's kickers suck?
Well, yeah.

But before this year we had one of the best kickers in the league, he just ****** up his hip or something.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
OK, that is not what is being written. Oh boy.

Carl Banks is going to give you a more honest opinion of JG's performance yesterday.

That does not mean Banks knows more about the Cowboys than Joe.
So you think Carl Banks is 100% objective and Coach Joe is not?

Give me a break. What incentive does Coach Joe have to sugar coat things. I've watched him all year on with Hansen and he has been critical more than once.

And for the record, you started your statement with "FWIW". So tell me why I should value his opinion more than Avezzano's?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
So you think Carl Banks is 100% objective and Coach Joe is not?
When it comes to the Cowboys Banks Objectivity >>>> Joe's. The Metro is schizo when it comes to the Boys. Be like asking Galloway about Jerrah.

In fact, Banks also said he thought Flo packed it in. I kind of thought the same when I heard about a calf injury getting him out. He was standing on the sideline. Get out there fat man and do what you are paid for.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
When it comes to the Cowboys Banks Objectivity >>>> Joe's. The Metro is schizo when it comes to the Boys. Be like asking Galloway about Jerrah.

In fact, Banks also said he thought Flo packed it in. I kind of thought the same when I heard about a calf injury getting him out. He was standing on the sideline. Get out there fat man and do what you are paid for.
I think Carl Banks is a jackass.

I don't for one minute believe Flo packed it in. Does Banks realize that Flo played with basically one arm last year because his shoulder was in very bad shape? On the other hand, he played much of the year with a severe infection that made his hand swell up to almost twice normal size.

Flo is big and his quickness has been gone for a while, but one thing he has never been is a quitter.

I think comments like that give Banks even less credibility and zero objectivity. In fact, it shows a huge bias.

You do realize that this guy played for Wash and NY? You think he's objective? FRankly, I'm completely blown away that you would give even one moment of thought to anything he would say.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-19-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
You do realize that this guy played for Wash and NY? You think he's objective? FRankly, I'm completely blown away that you would give even one moment of thought to anything he would say.
So playing for the GMen and DC makes you unobjective but being an ex-Cowboy Coach does?

Whatever. Stop drinking the koolaid.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Q & A

Dump Flozell? Hell yes, these are losses that should've been cut long ago. Doug Free has earned a starting job on the front 5 IMO

Dump Folk? If his leg can't be salvaged & his kicking game turned around, yes. This is a TBD that s/b made before draft day so Dallas can draft a kicker, I think young legs are better than old in the kicking game (see: the Kaeding fail last Sunday).

Dump Spears? Yeah, he's still a great physical specimen with a 10-cent head who dogs it in big games vs. quality OTs.... oh wait you ask, McKennie & the Vikes are a quality OL? No he isn't & they arent but what does that show you about Spears at this point?

Dump Carpenter? Simply let his contract expire & show him the door. Late season stepping up doesnt compensate for September/October missed tackles & bad reads.

Trade Roy Williams? Maybe, but Jerry would have a cow about it. Not worth the trouble, the team is stuck with him. Never thought I would think this but he makes fans wish they had TO back.

Trade MBIII? Clearly he was rushed into the game on a still bum leg, many comments about how much slower he looked. This is a TBD depending on how well he rehabs this offseason. His trade value now is diminished, but might be worthwhile as the draft nears. Don't laugh, but former TCU Hornytoad Ladanian Tomlinson is leaving SD & would like to come home to Texas to finish his career, plug the scatback into MBIII's spot if MB isn't the chains mover they need anymore & if he the trade price is right (they might simply release him him as a May roster $-saving move, get him for free) will play for about 2/3rds of his Bolts salary. Unless he's really career done & then Dallas doesnt need a washed up RB.

Trade up in the 1st rd. to get the talent that's needed? Dallas does not have the ammunition for it. e.g, to obtain an Eric Berry it would cost picks + players & that's too much.

Trade Marcellus Bennett? Probably yesterday's news & he has no value now, why trade for him when there's a draft deep in TEs in April? Either he stops the drops next season or his career is over.

Last edited by LizardState : 01-20-2010 at 03:05 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Free did a great job at LT, I specifically watched him and other then the first play which may or may not have been his fault for not helping Witten, either way Witten got blew by. But I loved what I saw from Free, he stalled out JA a few times very well, he has the feet, dude can play.

Either way he needs to be there or a RT, Columbo had his ass whipped like a chump all game, Free would of been an upgrade over him on that side easily. Free is ready to start, I hope we figure out where he needs to be, maybe Columbo just had a bad game but I'd be fine with Free taking over at LT and getting more O-line help. Sad that we were beat down up front that way as big as our line is.

I hate Roy. Enough excuses, I was the first to admit I said he's bring something to us and have no problem stating I was wrong, I wanted to see what he'd do with an off-season here etc etc, but I like how he whines for not getting the ball yet he's dropped it numerous times in crunch situations but acts like because he's tall he's got an advantage lol. Please stop talking about trading him, dude is one of the highest paid players at his position, NOBODY will take that contract on, NOBODY, I'd trade him for a 5th rounder straight up but it won't happen.

Overall I'm pissed that we couldn't make it a game and show some heart, but being that it was a royal ass kicking I expect a long off-season of over-reactions from alot of our fans about firing everyone again, Jerrah sucks, all that typical stuff we hear so often.

We got the December monkey off our back, playoff monkey as well, season finale, and the light came on for Jenkins, Spencer, and Felix is ready to take over. Were not far away, but I think we need to dedicate the off-season to protecting Romo and we aren't many pieces away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote