Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Athletes

Who here is playing, will play, or has play a sport at the Collegiate Level? It can be Div I, Div II, Div III, JUCO, NAIA, etc...Any of those.

I'll be playing soccer at Heartland Community College next year and I'd just like to get an overall census on who here has played a sport before. And any advice you can pass along regarding keeping grades up, fun stuff to do, etc...

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to be trying out for baseball at New Mexico State next year.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am in the process of deciding where to go for football. D3 or NAIA seem the most likely but i may walk on D1.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started at division II Central Missouri State, but transferred to NAIA Avila University. Playing football.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Uhhh, i play club soccer. Under 18 team. Not sure if that counts for anything.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm likely to walk on for baseball at BG.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm going to Community College this fall....All they have, is a flag football team...:(
I may try out for it........
Old 03-06-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

GreenBayScat plays football for Saddleback JuCo, same school that produced Colt Brennan and Jeradd Rabb(caught hook and ladder for boise state).
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh, what up HCC!

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who was the guy who tried out for UTEP? someone447 or something like that?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam View Post
Oh, what up HCC!
Representin' baby! Yup, I'll be on the first ever HCC Soccer Team! Whoot!

You should come see one of my games man.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I a, going to Vermillion Community College to play football.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to Snow Junior College next year and hopefully transfer out to a D-1. I play Football and Basketball. I'm pretty much at a fork in the road when it comes to deciding which one I want to pursue.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I will be going to Middlebury College next year and will be skiing.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I turned down an offer from Eastern Washington University to play basketball. I ended up not going to college (which was a good choice), but sometimes I think that it would've been fun to play ball for a decent program.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Representin' baby! Yup, I'll be on the first ever HCC Soccer Team! Whoot!

You should come see one of my games man.
Where is the field going to be (or already is)?

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 03-06-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Where is the field going to be (or already is)?
Sale Barn way accross town in Bloomington, which kinda sucks b/c we won't get many people to go see us play. I mean it's like on the opposite side of town. Probably 30-40 minutes away from HCC, at least that's how long it takes to drive there.

They'll probably build a field though here in the next 5 years, but for now we're using the Sale Barn.

But it's kinda cool because this is the first year for spors, so maybe people will come check us out b/c we'll be the only sports program going (well besides girls soccer) and there will be a lot of interest in the community.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Sale Barn way accross town in Bloomington, which kinda sucks b/c we won't get many people to go see us play. I mean it's like on the opposite side of town. Probably 30-40 minutes away from HCC, at least that's how long it takes to drive there.

They'll probably build a field though here in the next 5 years, but for now we're using the Sale Barn.

But it's kinda cool because this is the first year for spors, so maybe people will come check us out b/c we'll be the only sports program going (well besides girls soccer) and there will be a lot of interest in the community.
Aren't they planning on getting basketball, baseball and softball teams together as well within the next couple of years? Is a gym going in that building under construction? I've wondered that since I first came to visit.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 03-07-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Aren't they planning on getting basketball, baseball and softball teams together as well within the next couple of years? Is a gym going in that building under construction? I've wondered that since I first came to visit.
Well they are going to have Baseball and Softball next year as well, to go along with Men's and Women's Soccer. Those will be the first 4 sports teams. Soccer in the fall and the other two in the spring.

I imagine Basketball won't be for a couple more years at least. I haven't heard anything about them building a gym yet. But they have the room to do so.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Well they are going to have Baseball and Softball next year as well, to go along with Men's and Women's Soccer. Those will be the first 4 sports teams. Soccer in the fall and the other two in the spring.

I imagine Basketball won't be for a couple more years at least. I haven't heard anything about them building a gym yet. But they have the room to do so.
Plenty of room, both community colleges I've been to have been surrounded by nothing.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 03-07-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
Who was the guy who tried out for UTEP? someone447 or something like that?
Ya it was me. I'm going somewhere to play next year, I'm just not sure where yet. The guy I have been working with on speed training has been talking to some schools. I am either gonna go to a 1aa or D2 school, or a Juco next year. It just depends what I get my 40 down to. I should be able to run a low 4.5 high 4.4 next time I get timed. I ran a 4.62 in 20 MPH winds when I tried out at UTEP, so we will see what happens.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Plenty of room, both community colleges I've been to have been surrounded by nothing.
Heartland is in the middle of nowhere. They've got land behind them, to the side, and accross the street.

A gym will be built probably in the next 5 years though.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I get to University I'll be playing soccer. . .
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I was recuiting by many D1 schools to play basketball but i opted to go to Duke for academics and i tryed to walk-on and didnt make it