Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

View Poll Results: How likely is it that Stallworth will be back?
0-25% 3 21.43%
26-50% 7 50.00%
51-75% 4 28.57%
76-100% 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eagles in talks with Stallworth

There is at least some positive news on the Stallworth front. He has been in talks with the Eagles FO, according to ESPN. At least they are going to try to get him. It has been reported that ZERO teams were talking with him on Friday due to everything being so busy. Maybe this is our chance to get the deal done. As long as he doesn't wipe out cap space, it would be a great signing. What do you think the chances of us signing him are? I say they are still around the 40%-50% range, but lets see what you think.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel it's in the 50%-60% range. The fact that he himself wants to come back always helps the situation, he may be willing to accept less money if he's comfortable here ALA Juqua Thomas, plus he has a strong armed QB that can utilize his talents well enough, not every team that may be interested in him could really offer that. I did hear the 49ers are interested, they definitely have the money to spend considering the deal they gave Clements yesterday and the fact that they got rid of Bryant(who I wouldn't really mind seeing in an Eagles uniform IMO, but he's too much of a head case). But also keep in mind who Donte's agent is, we already had one issue with him with another reciever wanting more money. Even though Donte doesn't have that type of attitude, I honestly could see Drew Rosenhaus trying to sway him for more money just to spite us after last year.
Bigp5437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Drew Rosenhaus did something like that I just might find him and staple his ears together.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

POSTED 4:17 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

WHERE'S DONTE'?

Eagles receiver Donte' Stallworth is getting surprisingly little play in the free-agent market.

Though various publications identify various potentially interested teams (such as the 49ers and the Redskins), we're aware of no visits for the former first-rounder, who had a good season with the Eagles after being traded from the Saints.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117 View Post
POSTED 4:17 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

WHERE'S DONTE'?

Eagles receiver Donte' Stallworth is getting surprisingly little play in the free-agent market.

Though various publications identify various potentially interested teams (such as the 49ers and the Redskins), we're aware of no visits for the former first-rounder, who had a good season with the Eagles after being traded from the Saints.
Hopefully he stays right here in Philly.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be so mad if Donte signed with the Redskins.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't think he will. They signed two WRs to big contracts, which were way too much, so they won't do it again this year. They have too many other FAs to waste their money on.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I just heard that Donte Stallworth is in the league's substance abuse program. I hope this isn't true, if it is false, I am going to be really pissed at the guy that posted it. But if it is, I think he should concern himself more with fixing that situation than any other one. Yes it would be nice to have him back as soon as possible, but he needs to fix that problem first, and then worry about football. If it is that big of a problem, it is a shock to me. I don't know about the rest of you, but this is a real surprise. Good luck Donte.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You act as if smoking weed is alcohol abuse. It really isn't a "problem," there are tons of players in the NFL in there that you don't know about.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

How do you know he's smoking weed? It just says he is in the program for substance abuse. It could be alcohal or any drug for that matter. In any case, I hope he goes through it easily.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously doubt that he is an alcoholic, alcohol is worse for you than weed and makes working out and maintaining your strength a lot more difficult. Weed doesn't really effect your body from a physical/athletic standpoint. Donte just doesn't seem like an alcoholic, weed I can definitely see him smoking though.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

On Monday, the Eagles made a formal contract offer to Stallworth in an effort to re-sign him. Terms of the offer were not known.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788146

Don't know if you guys had seen that yet. Thats the first I have heard of the Eagles giving him an actual offer. If he is in fact enrolled in the leagues substance abuse program do you think the Eagles interest him will decline any (regardless of what the addiction is)? I can see it slightly dinging their interest, but nothing significant. I'm not too familiar with his past and I don't know if he ever had any behavior issues but when I saw him standing on the sideline, during the various games he was hurt, he always seemed to be giving encouragement and being a generally good teammate. He doesn't seem like a guy who would get himself into any kind of serious trouble. But then again I don't know the guy personally, so anything could be true.

Last edited by jefepowhnzer : 03-05-2007 at 09:50 PM.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This doesn't mean he's gone yet, but not exactly the best news....

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10040904

Most important parts if you don't feel like reading the whole article:
Around the league, there are questions about Stallworth's character. But Stallworth is willing to take a one-year deal with New England, the team he would love to play for if he doesn't return to Philadelphia, to prove his value to the Patriots and around the league.

Stallworth recently talked about how much the Patriots appealed to him, and now New England is giving him a chance to say the same thing to its coaches and front office.

It does say he's still interested in coming back here as well, but the fact that he'd be willing to go for a one year deal just to play for the Pats, I dunno...
Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The fact that a decision will be made "shortly" leads me to believe Donte will either be signing with us or New England. I really hope he comes back to Philly, because for some reason, I hate the Patriots (might have something to do with a certain Superbowl...) and hate Tom Brady. I don't know why, thats just how I feel.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England already gave Wes Welker a FA deal, plus they have Chad Jackson, a second rounder, plus 2 first rounders in a deep WR draft. They don't necessarily need Stallworth, but I'm sure they missed the vertical element that Branch gave them. I doubt NE is going to outbid the Eagles by much, but it's about dollars now...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If it is still about money for Donte, he will probably end up with the Patriots or Titans. But the Patriots spent a surprising amount of money for that organization, and I don't think they were at the top of the NFL in cap space, so they may not have much left either. I could be wrong though. But now that the Welker deal is finalized I don't think they will be going after Donte, Welker will be their speed guy. Our only real competition is Tennessee, but like I said before, it was reported that a deal would most likely be reached shortly, so my hopes are up that Donte returns. I probably would change my poll vote to around 75% now if I could.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
dcsicass31birds

it may be that there are no teams asking cause he did what Vick did with his weed....they might as well get him back he is young and they can improve him

I am not at all knocking the smokin thing though guys...just lookin at it like this...

if i made millions a year i would probly most likly not be a smoker...I mean sure weed is good makes those bad dates go better but if my money was gonna be takin from me for smoking i would stop in a heart beat...plus save money on food

Last edited by dcsicass31birds : 03-06-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of people smoke weed, but when you're being paid millions of dollars to play football, you should treat your body as a temple and not do something to mess your career up in any sense.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-07-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Ok, now this is confusing the hell out of me. Apparently, we DIDN'T give Donte a contract offer, but we are trying to negotiate terms of a deal, mainly a one year offer. He also didn't sign with New England(but you all already knew that), but I guess he does have an offer from them. BUT he's also going to meet with the Titans and Dolphins before he decides where he's going to sign.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Whoops, forgot to post the link to the article. http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16849255.htm
Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Thanks for the info. Good post.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Lots of people smoke weed, but when you're being paid millions of dollars to play football, you should treat your body as a temple and not do something to mess your career up in any sense.
That is one of the most intelligent things I have heard yet on this site. Thats exactly how I feel. Why screw up a great thing?

Old 03-07-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Good post, like the info, it clears things up if anyone was confused. I was under the impression we did give Stallworth an offer, but I was wrong. Thanks for the info.