Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Microphon200
Rookie

Microphon200 smells like sex panther.
Default Michael Turner

Do you think somebody will sign him to an offer sheet and make him their feature back?
Microphon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

For a 1st and 3rd. No

I think it's a 1st and 3rd. Is it?
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, and No.

No one will give up the first day of their draft for a player they can get next year. There's a few FA backs with something left in the tank and more available by trade. If I was turner I'd be pissed right now.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll wait until after this year when he's a FA. Same thing for Schaub.

I don't know how much he'll get next year though. Next year's draft is gonna be loaded with RB talent.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Yes, and No.

No one will give up the first day of their draft for a player they can get next year. There's a few FA backs with something left in the tank and more available by trade. If I was turner I'd be pissed right now.
So would I. He has the potential to be a very good RB in this league. Its a shame he is stuck behind the best RB in the game right now.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

I think if a team offered a first round pick in the top 15 or so the Chargers would take it. A lot of people think the reason the Chargers tendered him a 1st and 3rd was not to scare teams away but to be able to pick the best possible trade if offered. Also, there was a rumor the Broncos would have seriously considered signing him to an offer sheet if he was tendered a 1st. We wouldn't want to have to face him twice a year.

1090, a local radio station in San Diego, reported a rumor that the Bills were very interested in Turner and might make a strong play at him if McGahee was successfully traded.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers can settle for less than a 1st and a 3rd if they want to. They might as well get some compensation for him. If they trade him, they will need a new backup because Sproles is not good enough to be more than a 3rd stringer.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not with the tender that was placed on him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I honestly don't understand the infatuation that so many people have with Turner. What makes him so different from Schaub? He's built his reputation on running over softened up defenses the same way that Schaub made his by passing over defenses expecting Vick.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031 View Post
I honestly don't understand the infatuation that so many people have with Turner. What makes him so different from Schaub? He's built his reputation on running over softened up defenses the same way that Schaub made his by passing over defenses expecting Vick.
i agree but turner has made some big plays. he reminds me of lamont jordan from a couple seasons back on the jets. a good backup who is capable of making big plays.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Microphon200
Rookie

Microphon200 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Name me someone who's currently 25 and under who's 5'10" 240lbs., and has 4.4 speed? (Besides Turner obviously.)
Microphon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microphon200 View Post
Name me someone who's currently 25 and under who's 5'10" 240lbs., and has 4.4 speed? (Besides Turner obviously.)
Okay.... so he has good measurables?? Isn't Brandon Jacobs supposed to have some insane measureables? And once again I can bring up Schaub, who also has great measureables. Now, comparing a runningback to a quarterback is certainly a bit of a stretch but still.

Runningbacks are a dime a dozen in the NFL, it's becoming more and more apparent. Teams are easily capable of finding good runningbacks. Please explain to me why one who has proven literally nothing in his career other than putting up good backup number behind one of the greatest runningbacks ever is worthy of such high praise. Has he ever proven to be capable of carrying any type of load? Why use such a high pick on a question mark when there are tons of proven backs out there for much much less.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He's a promising young back and probably the best backup RB in the NFL after Reggie Bush.

As a Jets fan, I was thinking either of our 2nd rounders would have been a good trade. I'm happier with the Thomas Jones trade since we didn't lose a pick, but Turner can start in this league.

Someone will get a good pickup next year.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay.... so he has good measurables?? Isn't Brandon Jacobs supposed to have some insane measureables? And once again I can bring up Schaub, who also has great measureables. Now, comparing a runningback to a quarterback is certainly a bit of a stretch but still.

Runningbacks are a dime a dozen in the NFL, it's becoming more and more apparent. Teams are easily capable of finding good runningbacks. Please explain to me why one who has proven literally nothing in his career other than putting up good backup number behind one of the greatest runningbacks ever is worthy of such high praise. Has he ever proven to be capable of carrying any type of load? Why use such a high pick on a question mark when there are tons of proven backs out there for much much less.
Hey bro, Turner is proven to take it to the house. He took it 74 yards against the Colts last year in their loss to the Bolts. He has amazing speed+vision, and is very shifty. Schaub hasn't done anything to prove he is starter ready, but Turner has. Just watch his tapes, and you would know. Plus, he averages 6 ypc, even though he doesn't get many carries, he makes the most of them.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Hey bro, Turner is proven to take it to the house. He took it 74 yards against the Colts last year in their loss to the Bolts. He has amazing speed+vision, and is very shifty. Schaub hasn't done anything to prove he is starter ready, but Turner has. Just watch his tapes, and you would know. Plus, he averages 6 ypc, even though he doesn't get many carries, he makes the most of them.
Yeah he average is 6 YPC, but he only had what 80 carries, if he would had alot more carries and LT wouldn't have worn down the other team Defense his #'s wouldn't be near as good.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Have you ever seen him play? He is a very strong, durable back with excellent speed and good vision. He is a straight-ahead runner and he has been among the league leaders in YPC for a couple of years. He is a consistent every-down back that can also go the distance, like he did against the Colts. The only knock on him is his ability to be a factor in the passing game, but you can't say he is not proven. Your points are just terrible and have no affiliation to him at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Have you ever seen him play? He is a very strong, durable back with excellent speed and good vision. He is a straight-ahead runner and he has been among the league leaders in YPC for a couple of years. He is a consistent every-down back that can also go the distance, like he did against the Colts. The only knock on him is his ability to be a factor in the passing game, but you can't say he is not proven. Your points are just terrible and have no affiliation to him at all.
Yeah he has lead the league the last few season in YPC(Very overrated to begin with), but he has what 20 carries his rookie year, 57 his second season and 80 last season, breaking one or two huge runs each season with not that many carries will do that. I wouldn't give up no more than a high third or low 4th round pick for him.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner is almost as fun to watch as Tomlinson. He had a run against the bears in the preseason this year where he bulldozed a couple people, pushed a corner out of the way with his arm, and then carried somebody on his back, all to the tune of 40+ yards, it was crazy.

I really hope no one trades for him; he's too much of a weapon, hopefully Norv Turner will use him more than as just a blow guy like Marty did. For as much as they talked about it in the media, LT and MT weren't on the field simultaneously very often.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A consistent every down back? Now you're just making things up to the point that it's obvious. HE HAS NEVER PROVEN TO CARRY THE LOAD, under what circumstances do you believe that he is an every down back? Because he gets a good ypc running on defenses softened up by one of the greatest runningbacks to play the game.

YPC can be a terribly overrated stat if not looked at correctly. He got very few carries and the ones he did get were on softened up defenses. He's proven he is an excellent change of pace back, nothing more. Saying he is a "consistent every down back" is blantantly false and unproven, and I'm sure that you realize this.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly, anyone who sees this kid play often knows he is ready to start in the NFL. No one in the league runs harder than him and he just never stops moving his feet, is faster than anyone thinks, and is shifty. The kid is a great back and a real good character guy. Someone will love having him next year, and although you may feel bad for him he is getting over 2 million next year as a RFA, which is the most you can without signing an extension. And in college he proved he can carry the load, just take a peek at his numbers, he was ridiculous. Oh yeah, and he was an amazing kick returner for us last year and I don't know if I ever remember him fumbling in his pro career.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ok this is the same thing that happened with LJ when holmes was starting
(NOTE: i am not comparing LJ to Turner in anyway, just the situation...because I know someone will come on here and say Turner can't even compare to LJ)

Holmes was dominating the league(tomlinson) but in a couple seasons when holmes missed a game or 2 or 3, LJ had huge games running for 100+ and/or 2+ tds, but there was speculation he couldn't really handle a starting job...

I don't think turner is LJ, but its the same kinda situation...I think turner could be a back that gets 1200 and 8 easily starting on a decent team...he's shown flashes of what he can do(same with Schaub) which is why teams who don't have a good RB want to take a chance on him...

in other related news, Michael "Burner" is on my fantasy drafted team in Madden and just ran for 205 and 3 in his first start of the season :D

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is a straight-ahead runner and he has been among the league leaders in YPC for a couple of years. He is a consistent every-down back.

first off you cant accurately judge his ypc, seeing as how he comes in behind LT on a wore down defense after LT bruised them up...

and how would u know he is a consistent every down back? when has he proved that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
edge_V

One name....Lamont Jordan.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

"No one in the league runs harder than him "

That sounds like one of those Madden quotes.....

WK10 = MADDEN - "noone runs hard than Tiki Barber, hes just a great talent"
WK12 = MADDEN - "noone runs harder than Tomlinson, I mean hes just that good"

WK13 = MADDEN - "Wow, Turner just impresses me alot, noone runs harder than him........well HOW ABOUT THE GUY THAT STARTS IN FRONT OF HIM???"
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defensiveback23 View Post
I think if a team offered a first round pick in the top 15 or so the Chargers would take it.
No team is stupid enough to do that. His value right now is, at the very best, a late 1st/early 2nd.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote