Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 01-29-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 2010 Recruiting Class

Florida or Texas? Texas or Florida?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Florida lands either Seantrel Henderson or Christian Green then I'll say them. If they strike out on both, then I'll say Texas.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Florida or Texas? Texas or Florida?
I don't see Iowa listed there??
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida will close with Chaz Green (6.0), Adrian Coxson (5.8), and Darrin Kitchens (5.6).
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Florida, regardless if they land Henderson or Green. They have one of the best recruiting classes ever, let alone this year.

The addition of Henderson, Green, Christian Jones or Chaz Green would only make it more of a separation from Texas.

The Longhorns seem to be the clear cut #2 though, then Auburn

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
It's Florida, regardless if they land Henderson or Green. They have one of the best recruiting classes ever, let alone this year.
I'm sick of hyperbole. Everyone wants to call something or someone current "the greatest." Texas has a higher star average than Florida and is one 4-star commit away from jumping ahead of them in the Rivals rankings. Quality over quantity for me. Right now Florida's class isn't even as good as their 2007 class. I don't think any class will ever top USC's 2007 class, despite the Trojans only taking 18 kids that year. USC's 2006 class is probably better than this year's Florida's class as well. Don't even get me started on all the great recruiting classes before Rivals and Scout were started.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm sick of hyperbole. Everyone wants to call something or someone current "the greatest." Texas has a higher star average than Florida and is one 4-star commit away from jumping ahead of them in the Rivals rankings. Quality over quantity for me. Right now Florida's class isn't even as good as their 2007 class. I don't think any class will ever top USC's 2007 class, despite the Trojans only taking 18 kids that year. USC's 2006 class is probably better than this year's Florida's class as well. Don't even get me started on all the great recruiting classes before Rivals and Scout were started.
Florida's 2007 class might never be matched in terms of what it produced.

Harvin, Tebow, Spikes, Cunningham, Johnson, Cooper, Jones, James, Marsh etc.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that makes me think they may not have the best recruiting class ever is the fact that 2010 overall is relatively weak. Granted, I think Ronald Powell would have been the #1 HS Recruit within the past two or three years but there is some separation from years like 2007, etc---2010.

Still, I think when a team can grab talents like Powell, Floyd, Elam, Dowling, Watkins, Dunkley, Riggs, Christian it begs to ask if they have one of the more elite classes in recent memory.

Granted, I totally agree with you in the fact that they aren't probably the greatest ever because no one can judge the recruits that came in before Rivals.com/Scout.com/ESPNU/Max Preps were all around, but still, a lot of the talent that the Gators have brought in this year have the ability to be All-SEC teammates in the future and possible draft picks.

I see where your coming from though. I should have explained the Rivals/Scout/ESPNU/MaxPrep aspect.

Also, think about it from a "Projection Only" Basis, not aftermath.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well believe it or not they actually had top 250 lists before the recruiting internet services ranked them like they did starting around 2002....and theyve always had recruiting champs every year. I think when comparing recruiting classes in this day and age you can only compare them to other recruiting classes during the scholarship limit era (they didn't always have the 85 'ship limit and the margin in talent between big schools and midmajors was bigger).

Regarding this is the "best class ever" and all that. Bruce Feldman recently had a pretty good article ranking the top 10 recruiting classes of the decade. USC 2003 and OSU 2002 were the top 2. You gotta have insider to see the rest, but I imagine FLorida 2007 is up there considering they had Harvin, Tebow, and Spikes.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Also, Texas' average star rating is only .04 higher than Florida and that's only via Rivals.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to be Florida. They have the most 5-star ranked recruits with 4, more than any other school per Rivals.

Actually since we're dealing with unproven players & if you look at he Rivals chart you have to put Florida, Texas, Auburn & Alabama all on the same top shelf for the 2010 class.

Last edited by LizardState : 02-02-2010 at 07:16 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
The only thing that makes me think they may not have the best recruiting class ever is the fact that 2010 overall is relatively weak. Granted, I think Ronald Powell would have been the #1 HS Recruit within the past two or three years but there is some separation from years like 2007, etc---2010.

Still, I think when a team can grab talents like Powell, Floyd, Elam, Dowling, Watkins, Dunkley, Riggs, Christian it begs to ask if they have one of the more elite classes in recent memory.

Granted, I totally agree with you in the fact that they aren't probably the greatest ever because no one can judge the recruits that came in before Rivals.com/Scout.com/ESPNU/Max Preps were all around, but still, a lot of the talent that the Gators have brought in this year have the ability to be All-SEC teammates in the future and possible draft picks.

I see where your coming from though. I should have explained the Rivals/Scout/ESPNU/MaxPrep aspect.

Also, think about it from a "Projection Only" Basis, not aftermath.

Powell wouldn't have been the number 1 recruit in 2008. I still believe that Pryor would've been it.

But to answer the question, both are really good. I'll go with Florida for right now, but it could switch.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink neither...

The University of Southern California wins this one

Fight On
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 AM    (permalink
wraith
Rookie

wraith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.wraith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post

Actually since we're dealing with unproven players & if you look at he Rivals chart you have to put Florida, Texas, Auburn & Alabama all on the same top shelf for the 2010 class.
this in 2 or 3 years we'll see ho, impactful these players really were right now it's all speculation
wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
The University of Southern California wins this one

Fight On
Not anymore....
Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Not anymore....
Yeah but Florida has since lose Easley, Haden, and Dowling so far from this class. Hard to say it is still the "best class ever" even with the late addition of Chris Martin.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We lost Easley? News to me.

Haden was not going to see the field before Elam so he left and is now at Toledo with his bro. Toledo. Dowling was highly rated and talented, I will agree that hurt.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote