Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-02-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People in general grind my gears.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:27 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
The lack of ability to properly pluralize words?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Accidentally clicking enter before finishing a rep comment. :D
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'm sorry that I have to completely disagree with you, even your examples are different, double negatives are a way of saying something, using the wrong ******* word is not the same as that, not even comparable. It doesn't matter what language you talk about, if you say the wrong word you look stupid. You don't call a blue car a red car because you feel like it because it is wrong, it's exactly the same as dominant and dominate, they are different things, use them correctly.

In general I agree with you, but I can't extend "breaking" the rules of English to using words that are entirely wrong and mean something different.
1) I also gave the example of ain't, which would be a wrong word choice according to prescriptive English.

2) A blue car vs. red car the same thing as dominant vs. dominate? What the what? My entire point is that (and I think this will suffice as a response to dabears' post) the prescriptive rules of English actually go beyond the ideal of having an ideal language for communication - they make rules just to make rules. Red and blue are entirely different words. A prescriptive rule for English distinguish red and blue doesn't exist because there's no such dialect that doesn't make the difference/confuses the difference. If you accidentally say "blue" when you meant "red," that's a legit mistake, because no dialect, no matter how divergent from prescriptive English it is, would consider that to be correct. In this case, saying "red" for "blue" would just be a slip of the tongue. People do stuff like that all the time. We don't need prescriptive English to tell us that.

I can't really argue about how badly you view people who say dominate for dominant. I just don't think it's a big deal. The other point of my post was that we know what that person means, so no harm no foul, I say. I don't think you're an idiot for saying it that way.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate people who add apostrophes every time they pluralize a word. Annoys me to no end.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mercury Morris. Honestly, nobody gives a **** about your perfect season anymore.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Mercury Morris. Honestly, nobody gives a **** about your perfect season anymore.
just watched that **** too. ******* hate that guy. congratulations, you did something cool 40 years ago.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Red and blue are entirely different words.
My point exactly. In fact, they are closer to being the same thing than dominant and dominate are. At least red and blue are used the same. Dominate and dominant are completely different and don't even sound the same, that's what really irks me, it's not a there/their/they're thing, it's an I'm to ignorant or stupid to use the right word thing, which is why it grinds my gears. Ditto for loose/lose which is probably an even more common online result.

Funny thing is, I have never heard anyone make either of those mistakes when speaking the language, only when writing. If you would say it right, why type it wrong other than because you are an idiot? It's like even like typing "u" instead of you or "l33t" instead elite, it's just pure ********, which is why it irks me so much, there is no logical or good reason, outside of stupidity, to do it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He wasn't even that good of a player.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saving a game over top a game I didn't not want to save over top of >.<
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you send your team's IM basketball team as the "Blue Ballers" and you check your schedule the day before the game and your team's name is just "Ballers".
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dick-sniffer young punk who works at the gym who turns the whirlpool off at 8:30 despite the fact that the gym closes at 10:00.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate it that whenever there's a poker game on a TV show, the main protagonist always wins every single hand, always knows exactly what every other player has, and never gets raped by the river.

Grammar question for teacher CJ (or anyone else) : "Every other player" or "every other players"? I'm going with singular, but can't be sure.

Last edited by Job : 02-03-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
I hate it that whenever there's a poker game on a TV show, the main protagonist always wins every single hand, always knows exactly what every other player has, and never gets raped by the river.
Lol, THIISSSSS.

And he always slow rolls you too. And for some reason, they ALWAYS have a royal flush. The hand that has odds of 1:649,740. Such BS.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Lol, THIISSSSS.

And he always slow rolls you too. And for some reason, they ALWAYS have a royal flush. The hand that has odds of 1:649,740. Such BS.
Actually the odds aren't THAT small, it's 1:649,739.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh so much THIS.

Shula, and all of ya too, please just **** already.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aye, and when I get on a crap streak and get nothing but rags, when it doesnt seem like Ive taken down anything in about a week, I think of this.

Last edited by General Zod : 02-04-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Mercury had a twinge of suicidal thought when the Colts decided to just take a crap on perfection. I mean here is something the guy has obviously based his whole life around, and it was shown to be absolutely worthless to Peyton's boys. They literally sent it away for no reason. Pretty funny
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I wonder if Mercury had a twinge of suicidal thought when the Colts decided to just take a crap on perfection. I mean here is something the guy has obviously based his whole life around, and it was shown to be absolutely worthless to Peyton's boys. They literally sent it away for no reason. Pretty funny
it is funny...

but I think he is to stupid really, he probably just wrote another rap song about it or something.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Grammar question for teacher CJ (or anyone else) : "Every other player" or "every other players"? I'm going with singular, but can't be sure.
You are correct, sir. It would be the singular in that situation.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:57 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

Give me the rest of the sentence.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apple products are starting to piss me off. why would i ever need an iPad? i have a laptop, i have a smart phone, i can already do pretty much all that crap. and on that note, all the stupid apple lovers that cant stop sucking Steve Jobs' dick. they need to get over it, every Apple product is not god-like and isnt the greatest invention ever.

also, for people who enjoy my feelings, i present this:

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you take a dump, then get in the shower and get all clean. Then as soon as you get out of the shower you have to **** again. Pisses me of so ****** much, I don't want to walk around all day with swamp ass.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Give me the rest of the sentence.
Apply it to the situation just above in the same post.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what grinds my gears is people asking me 'how are you' and not bothering to stand around long enough for me to answer.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote