Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-07-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im so excited!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
This ***** can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I like the lyrics for the most part

I got goosebumps and I just almost cried
Old 02-07-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its Today!!! Woooo!!!

Geaux Saints!!!
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have I mentioned I am a wreck already - I'm a wreck, down by 4, ****. That's OK, we still have time.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* love you guys!!!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. You made a lot of ballsy decisions and got the big plays when you needed to. Enjoy it.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. Enjoy it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Old 02-07-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick with excitement.

My dad who is going on 50 cried...very touching.

WHO FREAKIN DAT!!!
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations, gentlemen. I'm really happy for you guys.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I'm still in absolute shock... like it all feels like a dream. I went over to my fiance' and pinched her to make sure she was real. This is officially go down as the best season I have ever witnessed and nothing will ever top it. I'm completely speechless still.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I'm still in absolute shock... like it all feels like a dream. I went over to my fiance' and pinched her to make sure she was real. This is officially go down as the best season I have ever witnessed and nothing will ever top it. I'm completely speechless still.
Did she offer you fellatio on the spot?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got that yesterday. Since I've been with her, the Saints went on to have the best season ever. So, technically she's a keeper.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Congrats from a Colts fan!!!

Man, I was in my neighbor's SB party and from a distance, I shouted when the Saints were going to kick off after halftime (knowing Sean Payton's risk taking abilities) "watch out for the on side kick". Funny how the Colts could not see that.

The momentum changed with that. If the Colts recover that and Peyton scores a TD on a short field, the hole may have been deeper for the Saints but it was not meant to be. The Colts got outcoached and Brees' had all day after that 1st quarter to throw, that was the difference.

Congratulations, enjoy it!!! I do feel Brees will have more chances to be back in the NFC than Manning in the AFC, to be objective:( . He does not have to deal with Ds like the Steelers and Ravens that travel well on the road and are knocking on the door with a chance to cause an upset every year in the AFC playoffs.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I never expected the Saints to win this one, never, I'd be lying if I said otherwise.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations to you guys! Your city deserves it. I hope this really helps to continue to revive the lives and the spirit of your city.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:07 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks to y'all for the congrats

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another thing I want to talk about. Can they now finally mention brees one 1 line with manning. Over the last 4 years he has had better stats, as many superbowls, a better play off record and yes, less wins but thats got to be blamed to the saints defense that until this season was terrible on a good day.

Ow yeah and GW, please stick around for a couple more years. Imagine what that dude can do when the saints add another DT, DEnd and an OLB that are decent players.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Think about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Over the last 4 years he has had better stats, as many superbowls, a better play off record and yes, less wins but thats got to be blamed to the saints defense that until this season was terrible on a good day.
Just check Manning's D for the primary part of his career and get back to me before using the Saints D for Brees' lack of wins. Manning had several regular season wins despite his D, very much like Brees but has done it a tad better over many more years. I am just saying it goes both ways.

The difference is, Greg Williams does not just tinker with the Cover 2, he does way more than that, 3-down linemen, 4-2-5 formations etc. The Colts, to my chagrin as a Colts fan, will probably never learn that serious tweaks to that Cover 2 / Cover 3 formation needs to be made, either from a system point of view or personnel point of view. When Freeney or Mathis or Brackett gets injured the last 3 seasons heading into the playoffs, one has to question if the undersized personnel drafted for Dungy's system originally can ever sustain a 16 game season without key injuries. Plus, NO has gotten bigger on the O-line and D-line thus giving itself a chance to succeed playing outside in the harsh elements if needed, and the Colts, I still have my doubts. I never look forward to playing the Steelers, Ravens, or Patriots on the road in the playoffs for that very reason. The Saints should hope that teams like the Giants, Packers and Bears do not become powerhouses right away because it will not be fun playing on the road in January against them when those teams are good.

Congratulations and enjoy it!!! On a side note, Manning was 1-0 prior to making his 2nd SB too, just like Brees!!! Now, Brees is hunted and you will have the bullseye on your QB's back, just like Manning has had all these years and you will soon find out that you will need thick skin to defend your QB for his failures since unfortunately in this team game, the QB gets all the blame and credit too.:(

So, enjoy it as long as it lasts, the better team won on Sunday, the Saints!!!

Last edited by chad72 : 02-08-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing game, amazing season. Unbelievable :D

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys, great game and great season. I can't believe the Bucs beat the Super Bowl champs during the regular season :D

Seriously though, this is an amazing win for you guys, well deserved

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
Just check Manning's D for the primary part of his career and get back to me before using the Saints D for Brees' lack of wins.
----------Total Defense
----------Saints Colts
2009------25th---18th
2008------23rd---11th
2007------26th---3rd
2006------11th---21st

yeah brees had worse defense during this period. Both times the D wasnt awful (2006 & this year due to turnovers) he has made at least the NFCCG.

Oddly enough though Peytons superbowls have been with the worst defenses during this periods.

Besides that you do realise I actually was making a point that also favours Manning. QB's are just on the field half of the time so you cant blame them entirely for losses.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-08-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
----------Total Defense
----------Saints Colts
2009------25th---18th
2008------23rd---11th
2007------26th---3rd
2006------11th---21st

yeah brees had worse defense during this period. Both times the D wasnt awful (2006 & this year due to turnovers) he has made at least the NFCCG.

Oddly enough though Peytons superbowls have been with the worst defenses during this periods.

Besides that you do realise I actually was making a point that also favours Manning. QB's are just on the field half of the time so you cant blame them entirely for losses.
Playoff wins are about matchups and a bit of luck too. In the Colts' path to the SB two times, only once did they beat one of the 3 other AFC powerhouses - Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers, in that 2006 run (Pats in the 2006 AFCCG). The matchups have been a little favorable. Only time will tell how the Saints do with preserving their core talent in this era of free agency and how they do as favorites moving forward in their conference. They won their division in 2006, and could not handle a division leader schedule the next year in 2007. Hopefully, in 2010, they do better. Winning gets mighty difficult when you have to play a division winner schedule year after year. The Colts and the Patriots have dealt with it the best in the NFL so far this decade. Only time will tell how the Saints fare, this year may be OK for you all since you play the NFC Worst (NFC West) where Kurt Warner is gone from that division. That should be good for at least a division title and a home playoff game.:)
Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the Saints and their fans. They were the better team. That onside kick was genius and our team never recovered.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't been around for a while so I'm late to the party... just wanted to say wow what an incredible season. I never would have dreamed this would be possible just 5 seasons ago this team was in shambles and it looked like New Orleans might not even have a team anymore. What a transformation, Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis, and Drew Brees turned this team from being bottom feeders to World Champions... and with mainly undrafted, and outcast players who's former teams didn't want them anymore...

Marques Colston was a 7th round draft pick from Hofstra, Jahri Evans came from Bloomsburg Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore were Undrafted, the Jets didn't want Jonathan Vilma anymore, and the Giants wanted to unload Shockey after winning a Super Bowl with him mostly on the sidelines. Saints fans won't be wearing bags over their faces anymore.