Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With Warner gone what should you guys do?

If I were you guys I would call up the Eagles and trade your first rounder for Donovan McNabb and then trade Q for a second rounder. You guys have come to far to let Matt take this thing over and F it all up. With McNabb on bored all your team would need is a big time pass rusher. Thats it.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't give up a 1st for McNabb, I don't think he is that much of an improvement over Leinart, besides the basic preseason game week 17 vs the Packers, Leinart has looked great this season, he was a 90 yard drive by VY away from beating a white hot Titans team and was 7/10 against the Saints

I would trade Boldin for what ever we could get(a 2nd is very wishful) and move the offense towards a power running team like Whis had always intended before Warner's resurgence. In the 1st go BPA hoping Kindle or Campbell fall or that the Bengals pass on Gresham, Rolle & Dansby both need extensions we should have enough cap space for both as they would actually be lowering their hit on the cap and give the money we have been offering to Boldin to Dockett and Breaston.

Could get really bad though, if we end up cutting Rolle and not resigning Dansby we could be 25MM+ under cap and unable to spend it due to the CBA

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
If I were you guys I would call up the Eagles and trade your first rounder for Donovan McNabb and then trade Q for a second rounder. You guys have come to far to let Matt take this thing over and F it all up. With McNabb on bored all your team would need is a big time pass rusher. Thats it.
To be honest I would rather we go with Leinart this year, it's the last year of his contract and I still think if we transition to an offense more suitable for him he can be successful. If we trade for McNabb we are basically commiting to the pass heavy offense for the next few years and to be honest I don't think that is the best thing for the Cardinals. It worked with Warner because of how quickly he made reads and got rid of the ball, McNabb is more known for being able to extend the play with his legs (even if that part is deteriorating) and with our Oline I don't like his chances for even making it through the season healthy.

I am actually excited to see the changes in our offensive and defensive schemes next year. With the high powered offense of the last few years I can understand going with the bend but don't break defense but to be honest I hope we are lot more physical and aggressive next year. Playing the corners off the majority of the time really didn't play to their strengths since tackling and discipline aren't really a hallmark of our DBs.

Quote:
Could get really bad though, if we end up cutting Rolle and not resigning Dansby we could be 25MM+ under cap and unable to spend it due to the CBA
If there is no deal on the CBA the cap is gone so it doesn't really matter how far under it we would be (although cheap owners won't have a cap floor). If Dansby leaves it might mean we actually have a decent chance at a high priced free agent addition (we can add someone up to his salary this year which I think was around 12 million). The main problem is we would have to wait until he his signed by another team before we can sign someone else.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TheGM
Rookie

TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.

Why not try and get Peppers from Carolina? I think he would fit the system and he is affordable if Dansby and Boldin head for greener pastures.
TheGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:11 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGM View Post
Why not try and get Peppers from Carolina? I think he would fit the system and he is affordable if Dansby and Boldin head for greener pastures.
Tough to know how well he would fit in a 3-4 but I think he is talented and athletic enough to make the conversion to 3-4 OLB. I would be all for it if we did end up signing him although I think it is very unlikely. With the new rules coming in we would have to lose someone in FA that makes his salary. Dansby coming off the books could give that but we would have to wait until he signs somewhere else, by that time I think Peppers is probably with another team. If he gets released Joey Porter is a much more likely target, especially with his Steeler background.

Plus the Bidwells have shelled out alot of money the last few years and now with 2011 up in the air Warner gone I think they will spend as little as possible.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's highly unlikely the Cards shell out the money for Peppers to make him play a position he's never played before in the NFL. If Dansby is indeed gone next season, that opens up a huge hole at ILB as well. I'd try to trade Boldin for a high/mid 2nd if possible, and then go OLB-ILB-OT/CB/NT/TE with the first three picks in the draft. In my perfect world, Boldin gets traded for a high 2nd and the Cards are able to snag Kindle if/when he drops, Weatherspoon with the early 2nd, and then whoever is BPA with the later 2nd rounder.

In regards to the QB situation, I think they are planning on moving forward with Leinart this year. I wouldn't mind seeing them draft Dan LeFevour around the 4th round though.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote