Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

Old 02-15-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3
Default Who Is The Favorite In The AFC West for 2010-2011 season?

If you look at all the teams in the division the Chargers are the class but I personally believe the Raiders are not that far off. The Raiders need a QB and they need to fix the trenches and they will in fact overtake the Chargers and the Broncos and Chiefs have a long ways to go because they have needs across the board? what do you guys think?
raiderchampion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not sure this is the right place for this thread. But I'd still give it to the Chargers.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chargers are def the favorites even w.o lt, darkhorse is oakland :D
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny, because the Broncos with trench help and a new QB>>>>>>>>>>the Raiders with same. Broncos don't even need a new QB that much. Raiders always seem to be the dark horse and always come up short. Raiders might actually do it this year, but they're far more likely to take their usual place right behind San Diego and Denver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe, just maybe we should wait after the draft and free agency. I don't know.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many teams wouldn't be a favorite for top of the division if you improve them in the trenches and at QB?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's undoubtedly the Chargers, but I do think the other 3 teams can improve and make the division more competitive than it was last year.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers with Phiip Rivers and all that talent he has to throw to. If Denver plays like they did in the first half of 2009 then they can definitely win it. Chiefs need to find some kind of run defense and need to see Cassel not suck before they can start thinking about winning division titles again.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
How many teams wouldn't be a favorite for top of the division if you improve them in the trenches and at QB?
The Raiders come to mind.

1. Chargers (11-5)
2. Chiefs (8-8)
3. Broncos (7-9)
4. Raiders (6-10)

I expect it to be pretty competitive in 2010 between within the division.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3

You think the Raiders are the worst in the division I don' think so?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point it would be the Chargers at the top and Broncos 2nd with the Raiders and Chiefs battling for 3rd. But that's all pretty obvious because the season just ended and there haven't been many major changes. Once the draft and FA are over we'll have a better idea of who improved the most. Unfortunately for me and other Raider fans we have Al Davis making our decisions so I'm not all that confident.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're actually going to keep this topic up, I'm going to go ahead and say I also think the Raiders are worst in the division.

They have a good amount of talent, but their leadership is awful. That starts with the owner and trickles all the way down to the coaches and staff. It's possible they don't even have a leader amongst the players on the field.

You could have the best team ever but if you don't guide them in the right direction then it doesn't matter.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The Raiders come to mind.

1. Chargers (11-5)
2. Chiefs (8-8)
3. Broncos (7-9)
4. Raiders (6-10)

I expect it to be pretty competitive in 2010 between within the division.
Chiefs 8-8? C'mon man!
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the Chiefs as a 6 win team next year, TBH. To me, they're still one more year away from contention, provided they continue to move in the right direction. They could still finish 2nd, but that would require a godawful Broncos season which will hopefully end with the firing of McDaniels.

Raiders are tough to point out, they could conceivably get 8 wins, but they don't have the foundation to turn into a yearly contender. The Chiefs took their lumps for a few years and are almost ready to make a move. Raiders have been taking their lumps for longer but can't decide if they're fielding a contending team or trying to rebuild.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It all depends on Free Agency and the draft. I'm a Chiefs fan, obviously, and I would be pretty happy with 6 wins. We ended the season strong but we still have a lot of work to do.

As far as the Raiders go, everyone is saying how they're about to turn a corner year in and year out and it never happens, and to be quite honest, I don't see it happening as long as Al Davis is alive.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 02-16-2010 at 02:23 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

People should stop badgering Mr. Davis as he is a owner of three super bowl rings how many owners can say that? The last time I checked Mr. Davis does not want to lose and the players play on the field and he is doing his best putting a team that has a lot of the pieces in place and that should win a lot more games.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderchampion3 View Post
People should stop badgering Mr. Davis as he is a owner of three super bowl rings how many owners can say that? The last time I checked Mr. Davis does not want to lose and the players play on the field and he is doing his best putting a team that has a lot of the pieces in place and that should win a lot more games.
My grandmother was quite a resourceful woman not so long ago, yet I wouldn't trust her to get my groceries nowadays.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every year the Raiders should "win more games" but horrible drafts and terrible decisions at the top have led to seven straight losing seasons.

There is a reason that a joke is cracked every time someone runs a fast 40. Al Davis should not be running the Raiders. He doesn't understand what it takes to win in the NFL today.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm what a homer thread. I will go with whoever Job's grandmother picks.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless something drastic changes then the Chargers are still the number one team in the division. It will be interesting to see how Denver do without Mike Nolan coaching the defense and the whole Brandon Marshall thing needs watching. The Chiefs are slowly but surely building talent but are still a year or two away.

Ah... The Raiders. Providing entertainment in the offseason for all NFL fans. Why IMO they won't win the AFC West.

Tom Cable has made it perfectly clear that with even half decent QB play they would have made the playoffs, but do you think Al Davis will let him sit Jamarcus Russell next year in favour of anyone? As long as Jamarcus Russel is playing QB and Al Davis is drafting players like DHB then they simply won't contend.

Who are their leaders on offense? Russell???

Who are their leaders on defense? Seymour, who went from a model citizen playing at an all pro level in NE to running his mouth and being very average for Oakland? Plus it's not a given he is resigned.

The Raiders simply have a lack of leadership and proven winners to make any sort of decent run.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 02-16-2010 at 04:27 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:44 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you look at all the teams in the division the Chargers are the class but I personally believe the Raiders are not that far off. The Raiders need a QB and they need to fix the trenches and they will in fact overtake the Chargers and the Broncos and Chiefs have a long ways to go because they have needs across the board? what do you guys think?
I think you should write for the New Yorker.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

How about all the great picks is that Mr. Davis fault as well? How about Asomougha, Howard, Bush, Miller, Henderson and I could go on and on.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How about all the great picks is that Mr. Davis fault as well? How about Asomougha, Howard, Bush, Miller, Henderson and I could go on and on.
Comparing the good things Davis has done since the last Raiders SB appearance to the bad things he's done is comparing a pebble to a mountain, and edging me ever closer to invoking Godwin's law.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could go on and on.
Oh please do...

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Oh please do...
I second this.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote