Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-18-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I've always been disappointed that I can't pull off a decent growl considering my relatively-deep timbre. My voice gets immediately scratchy and, well, it doesn't sound good.
growling type vocals used to be so cool back in the day, anymore though vocalist have kinda butcherd it to where its really bad. then when you hear a band for the first time its like, oh boy, they got the Cookie Monster on vocals. lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
growling type vocals used to be so cool back in the day, anymore though vocalist have kinda butcherd it to where its really bad. then when you hear a band for the first time its like, oh boy, they got the Cookie Monster on vocals. lol

Jesus Lizard > Cookie Monster

My brother does a mean Jesus Lizard...

Zod:

5150 are just... good. Honestly, if you're looking for a combo, the only way is up. Really high up. Like Bogner. Mmmm uberschall. tre bien.

The only thing I play out of is a modified sovtek mig100.. I use some of my bass pedals...

Now... Basswise?
Sunn. 80's SVT-4s... or my Carvin B1500...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

Zod:

5150 are just... good. Honestly, if you're looking for a combo, the only way is up. Really high up. Like Bogner. Mmmm uberschall. tre bien.
Well, its all a matter of opinion and personal taste. I have played a couple Bogners that I did like. Oddly, I keep finding Marshalls that Im liking a lot. Odd for me because I thought I was done with Marshalls years ago. :-)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how mics are attached to mic stands? I'm thinking about getting a stand so I don't have to use my guitar stand to hold my mic for recording, but I want to know if I have to get anything else with it. Here's the stand:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...oom?sku=451052

Last edited by dolphinfan2k5 : 01-24-2010 at 01:00 AM.
dolphinfan2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got my drum kit back today. So excited to get back on the throne and own some face. Double bass pedal ftmfw.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never seen this thread i got an old school tama 5 piece from the 80's drum kit with evans hydraulic heads all around gibraltar double bass pedal zildjian ride/crash/hi hats wuhan china cymbal, been breaking beats for 10+ years used to have the jam band goin on, dont play too much these days though :/
Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Does anyone know how mics are attached to mic stands? I'm thinking about getting a stand so I don't have to use my guitar stand to hold my mic for recording, but I want to know if I have to get anything else with it. Here's the stand:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...oom?sku=451052
I'm not sure i understand what you're asking. Are you wondering how you connect a microphone to that stand you have linked? Cause if you are, the mic just slides into the top part of that stand.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm not sure i understand what you're asking. Are you wondering how you connect a microphone to that stand you have linked? Cause if you are, the mic just slides into the top part of that stand.
It doesn't look like there is a place for it to slide into though. It looks like it might screw on, and the back of my mic (rode nt1-a) is threaded, but that seems weird and not right. Do I need something like this clip...

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...lip?sku=279101

...or would the stand come with something like that? My mic has a wide body so I don't know if it would fit in a clip. I just want to make sure I get this right cause I have to buy online since I don't have a car and buses suck. I don't wanna pay for shipping multiple times.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Dad has a old Gibson SG Guitar from the late 60's or early 70's he is not sure when it was made any way to find out the year for sure?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
My Dad has a old Gibson SG Guitar from the late 60's or early 70's he is not sure when it was made any way to find out the year for sure?
I'm not sure if Gibson did this, but you can usually find some information printed underneath the electronics if you unscrew the back panel. If that doesn't do it, just take it to a local music store, I'm sure some guitar nut will be able to identify it.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was 8 and my mom forced me too to take piano lessons for the next 8+ years I hated it. Now that I'm 22 and can play quite well, I'm incredibly thankful. Not the "manliest" instrument out there, but the ladies are usually impressed. I've played a few times for my church a couple years back, but the skill has kind of been useless to me lately.

Now if I could sing, then maybe I'd be able to rival Greg Oden...He's got me beat in the junk department though, damn!

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
When I was 8 and my mom forced me too to take piano lessons for the next 8+ years I hated it. Now that I'm 22 and can play quite well, I'm incredibly thankful. Not the "manliest" instrument out there, but the ladies are usually impressed. I've played a few times for my church a couple years back, but the skill has kind of been useless to me lately.

Now if I could sing, then maybe I'd be able to rival Greg Oden...He's got me beat in the junk department though, damn!
I felt the same way and I stopped once I started playing football and never got back around to playing again. I kind of want to play it again. If I do i'll finally be a double threat.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had my acoustic for 7 years, but now I'm actually trying to learn. F Major is a *****.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

If anyone wants to check it out, I just uploaded a cover that I pulled from one of my practice sessions. I just sing for fun, to keep songs interesting but I'm pretty happy with this one.

It's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

The other one's before this pretty much suck. Two Coins is alright. Only caveat is that you have to let me know what you think ;)

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/dolphinfan2k5/
Old 02-13-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
If anyone wants to check it out, I just uploaded a cover that I pulled from one of my practice sessions. I just sing for fun, to keep songs interesting but I'm pretty happy with this one.

It's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

The other one's before this pretty much suck. Two Coins is alright. Only caveat is that you have to let me know what you think ;)

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/dolphinfan2k5/
good job man, don't be afraid to turn up the vox though. you're voice isn't bad

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post

You should try getting a keyboard with the harpsichord sound with it, that would be pretty badass.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aha, i was looking for this thread. My band is getting back in the studio, so I will have some new tunes for you all to listen to!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

been thinking about getting a guitar and learning but don't know where to start, lol.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

either learn some basic chords or learn some basic notes and then work on scales and stuff. you can learn how to play guitar on youtube I think, which is crazy cool.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

need a guitar 1st : )
Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get a washburn acoustic, you should be able to find a descent one for between $100-$200 they're really good quality for the money

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 02-15-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

so acoustic before electric then?
can you really learn from youtube? sounds iffy to me, but what the hell do i know.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

it doesn't matter, if you'd rather get an electric then fender makes squire strats that aren't expensive but you have to buy an amp also then

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 02-15-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
good job man, don't be afraid to turn up the vox though. you're voice isn't bad
Thanks, I appreciate it.

As for learning guitar, I started out on electric and have now moved to acoustic and that works out just fine. Start out on whatever you want to. I also learned almost exclusively through the internet, it's definitely possible and practical as well. There's pretty much a video or a tab or lesson for anything you want to learn out there. I probably could have learned faster taking lessons, but it's not as fun and its pretty costly.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most guys that give lessons don't wind up being that much more effective than youtube videos that teach you a particular song. Unless there's a particular style of playing you want to learn, you can teach yourself using the internet. As for electric versus acoustic, I think they lend themselves to very different playing styles, so it'll come down to what you want to do with the guitar.