Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i just met john elway on the elevator in my building. i think we should bring him back. if not to play, maybe he can teach orton how to throw the ball.
Bring him back to play. He won two straight SBs to finish his career and it's a FACT that things come in threes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
junior2430
Veteran

junior2430 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.junior2430 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My order of needs:

NT, C/G, 34 DE, WR, ILB, OLB, S, CB, QB
Old 02-10-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior2430 View Post
My order of needs:

NT, C/G, 34 DE, WR, ILB, OLB, S, CB, QB
CB is way way too low. When you have to bring Ty Law back from the dead, you need some more CB depth. I know they drafted Smith last year, but he looked terrible.

My opinion for draft needs:

C/G, CB, DL, ILB, WR, QB

They drafted two young guys last year to play safety, so I have a hard time putting that on the list for right now. And although I have QB kind of far down, I wouldn't have too big of an issue with the Broncos taking Bradford if he were to fall in to their lap.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
CB is way way too low. When you have to bring Ty Law back from the dead, you need some more CB depth. I know they drafted Smith last year, but he looked terrible.

My opinion for draft needs:

C/G, CB, DL, ILB, WR, QB

They drafted two young guys last year to play safety, so I have a hard time putting that on the list for right now. And although I have QB kind of far down, I wouldn't have too big of an issue with the Broncos taking Bradford if he were to fall in to their lap.
This. C/G is the biggest need, however, that doesnt mean we should address it with our first pick. CB and DL are a tie to me in second place. DL really is almost one position in terms of need. We need someone on that line to be MUCH better than those currently there, and I dont think it matters whether it is the NT or a DE.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not up to date on prospect rankings, but it seemed to me a while ago that unless someone fell, we weren't gonna get great value for our 1st pick. Who are the options we're looking at, realistically if we don't trade down? Haden?

If Marshall stays, I think the needs we have would then be DB, DL, and interior OL. Everything else is a luxury. Those are the biggest holes. If we move Marshall, WR becomes a GLARING need as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I'm not up to date on prospect rankings, but it seemed to me a while ago that unless someone fell, we weren't gonna get great value for our 1st pick. Who are the options we're looking at, realistically if we don't trade down? Haden?

If Marshall stays, I think the needs we have would then be DB, DL, and interior OL. Everything else is a luxury. Those are the biggest holes. If we move Marshall, WR becomes a GLARING need as well.
It is too hard to tell if McClain or Haden will be there when we pick. They are the best players that could be there in round one that meet our glaring needs. Interior o-line or d-line help at that spot would be a big reach. Trading down makes sense if those two are gone, however, McDaniels has shown a propensity for reaching if he really really wants someone, so................
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving Orton more weapons in the passing game isn't going to make a difference, because the real bottleneck/limiter in terms of performance is elsewhere. I don't think we should consider taking a rookie WR in the first round unless we:

a) rebuild the interior OL and/or
b) upgrade the QB spot

Orton needs the OL overhaul to succeed, not so much for the pass protect, but a credible inside running game would do a lot to open up the spread passing game.

I don't think Bryant is a reach at 10/11 - he's a fine player and would be a nice asset to the team *if* the rest of the offensive unit is solidified.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
junior2430
Veteran

junior2430 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.junior2430 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haden won't be there at 10/11. McClain might. I would personally love to see us trade down and grab Cody, Dan Williams, or Iupati in the late 1st.

I would love Maurkice Pouncey if he lasts to us in the 2nd. If not, Daryl Washington, Damian Williams, Corey Wootton, or Kyle Wilson would all be nice value/need picks there.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior2430 View Post
Haden won't be there at 10/11. McClain might. I would personally love to see us trade down and grab Cody, Dan Williams, or Iupati in the late 1st.
McClain to KC in round 1 is a very real possibility. They aren't afraid to make that kind of pick even if the positional value of ILB isn't really high.

If you buy the rumor that JPP is going in the top 10 and believe the trend of picking LT's early will continue, then I think we'll have a nice player or two to choose from when our turn comes.

Quote:
I would love Maurkice Pouncey if he lasts to us in the 2nd. If not, Daryl Washington, Damian Williams, Corey Wootton, or Kyle Wilson would all be nice value/need picks there.
Round 2 is the place to be. Lots of interesting prospects that won't break the bank in terms of contract dollars.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

DL busting is certainly not unusual. It's a tough transition to the NFL. Too many of these guys are "men amongst boys" at the college level.

I really would prefer to stay away from the long, lean, athletic guys. That hasn't worked for us. Get someone solid and tough who plays with a bit of nastiness.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To the Broncos fans of SWDC...
I am making my first mock of the year.

Sam Bradford is available at pick #10.
I know that the QB situation is shaky with Orton at the helm, so I'm leaning toward giving you guys Bradford. However, does the QB, which may be less of a need than other positions (I think I've seen njx vie for CB), take precedent over other areas of need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bradford or Clausen are available, I think we have to take them.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

I dislike Clausen as well... having been through the who attitude thing with Cutler, it is hard to embrace someone who may be even more of an asshole.

However, the plus to him is that, to some extent, he is familiar with the kind of offense we run here due to the Weis-Patriots connection. Given the emphasis our HC puts on system fit, that could definitely have some weight in the decision-making come draft day.

The other x-factor is Bradford's injury - I don't think we touch him if there are any lingering questions regarding his health.

As it stands, I have little hope either McClain or Haden make it to 10/11. I think Bryant will, along with one of the QBs. The other worthy talent will be OT and OLB / 4-3 DE prospects, which would be difficult to justify taking.

A trade-back certainly sounds good, but it always sounds good in theory but is hard to pull off. There aren't any obvious trade partners - maybe one of the playoff teams (Cincy, Balt) wanting to trade up to grab Dez Bryant?