Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes i absolutly agree this trade for CJ discussion has been beaten to death. we know where we all stand on that issue... but the discussion thats been beaten even worse is the should the vikings draft Quinn/is Jackson the man minnesota disscusion our arguing is getting to be very redundant, back and forth the same things being said we all have our points and thoughts about it we should move on and talk about other things
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I'd love to have Calvin Johnson, I'd much rather keep the pick, take Quinn, and use the rest of our picks on WR and defense. And if Quinn is gone, get LaRon Landry.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

I think its getting pretty realistic the Browns draft Brady Quinn.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep. I was thinking that the Browns would take Quinn now that they got Jamal Lewis. Looks like LaRon Landry for us, then.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Yep. I was thinking that the Browns would take Quinn now that they got Jamal Lewis. Looks like LaRon Landry for us, then.
I still think they take AD, I thought oh Quinn to Browns but i dont know its only a 1 year contract. I'd be happy with Landry or Adams.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I hate to say it, but I think Adams is out of our reach. I think either the Cards or Skins take him.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lol, Joe Montania...just because you've lobbied your teams draft room and gotten those guys to change their minds to now want to draft Quinn doesn't mean that "it's now pretty realistic"..unless of course you meant in your mind.

The Lions sent 6 coaches to Quinn's workout, and apparently Kevin Curtis fired his agent for being to involved in Quinn's pro day. To be honest
I would only be shocked if Quinn went to Oakland.

What I came in here for though was to say how upset I am that the Vikes didn't work a deal for McGahee...if we ever wanted a 2 back system .....a
3rd and a 7th for a guy who could get 1,000 yards playing part time behind
our line..is inexcusable. Seriously, why not offer up this years 3rd....next years 5th ? ....I hate the idea of giving up 1st or even 2nd round picks...but 3rd rounders are never a sure thing. McGahee didn't even want to play in Buffalo anymore. He'd been on the "block" for about 2 weeks now and I'd yet
to see anything that said we even had interest. Baltimore must be laughing thier arses off at Cleveland...they unload Jammal Lewis who has shown little since thier S.B. run ..6 years ago. and they pick up a younger , harder runner and instead of shelling out huge money on a F/A they spend a 3rd rounder (how many 7th rounders even make their teams?)

...now I'm pissed.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way McGahee would share the roles im sorry. Yes McGahee he wanted out of buffalo but he isnt the type of player that wants to share roles with a guy who is trying to become a backup.

With Gaines being out of Reach, yeah i figure that but Draft is weird sometimes and you just never know so i hope he falls but Id like to see Landry.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

He might not want to "share" carries...and maybe Drew Roesenhous (sp) has convinced him he's something he's not...but he would've been a helluva RB to compliment Taylor.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
He might not want to "share" carries...and maybe Drew Roesenhous (sp) has convinced him he's something he's not...but he would've been a helluva RB to compliment Taylor.
Yes it would be a great Tandem but it would never worked out in year 2...Might work first year.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

I saw on profootballtalk.com that theres a rumor that the Bucs are trying to trade Plummer for Moss. If this is true and happens this would affect us greatly with CJ falling maybe to 7.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

IF the raiders trade Moss. CJ will be the number one pick. PERIOD. he's the most talented player in the draft, the type of player you dont pass up on. so IF moss gets traded look for Oakland to draft CJ. If they dont trade Moss, they'll probably go after AD or Russell
Old 03-08-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylere0814 View Post
IF the raiders trade Moss. CJ will be the number one pick. PERIOD. he's the most talented player in the draft, the type of player you dont pass up on. so IF moss gets traded look for Oakland to draft CJ. If they dont trade Moss, they'll probably go after AD or Russell
Ya i never thought of the raiders when i was typing this nevermind ya'll can void what i said. Good Point. I wasnt thinking

Old 03-08-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I saw on profootballtalk.com that theres a rumor that the Bucs are trying to trade Plummer for Moss. If this is true and happens this would affect us greatly with CJ falling maybe to 7.
ummm Plummer retired didn't he ? I know they still hold his rights..but how much value can a guy have when he says he no longer has desire to play ??? plus how far has Moss' stock fallen over the last year??? WOW.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

I think they said it wasnt true that he didnt. Plus i said Void what i said which means dont pay attention to it.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

The Raiders would be stupid to pick Calvin Johnson #1. They need to start anew with a franchise QB, or maybe get an offensive tackle. The Raiders will still suck with Calvin Johnson, Andrew Walter, and that offensive line. It might not be any better with Russell, but the 2008 reciever and tackle class is loaded to the brim with talent.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

So let me get this straight...Calvin Johnson (on here the greatest thing since sliced bread) is good enough to take a young , bad to average QB like T Jackson "to the next level" .....yet the Raiders would be stupid for doing the exaxct same thing with Andrew Walter.

Just so I understand this, CJ is worth trading up for...unless you're already up at the top of the draft...then suddenly it'd be a mistake to take him.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...about the whole Quinn to Browns thing i dont thinks its gotten that much more possible, Actually with the signing of lewis it just made Adrian chances fall a little bit i think they might still take him, but i think they might be gearing up to take Calvin Johnson themselves and anyways i still think they take Alan Branch, Joe Thomas, and Adrian Peterson before they take Quinn becauses i think Romeo likes frye still
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Not only that. I have a suspicion that Crennell has "earmarked" Troy Smith in the 3rd to be his guy (if they go QB at all...Derrick Anderson is high on Romeo's list)..this way he can bolster either line and add a playmaker elsewhere. Personally, with the losing bentley for another year I think it'd make perfect sense for them to take Kalil in the 2nd if he's there
and if / when L.C. comes back they move Kalil to RG.
In the first I agree they'll probably be looking A.D.
Jammal Lewis' deal was for a year, and it looks like he's the fill in until they know what exactly they have in A.D.