Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ugh... a homer packers fan AND a baseball nut? you probably like soccer and nascar too... i'm starting to agree with 51 that we should sell most of the north-midwest to canada.
No way I abhor soccer and nascar.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"you have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours"
Ha, I'm surprised. I would have taken you for a soccer fan myself.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

You can not like two teams in the same sport, period. You CAN NOT hedge your bets. It doesn't matter what Conference or Division they're in, you have to pick one. This sports bigamy has to stop.

Side Note: I get this question alot "Can I still like other players"? Yes you can. For example, as a fan of The Ohio State University Anthony Schliegel was my favorite player.

Can I follow his career as a Jet? Absolutely.
Can I become a Jets fan? Absolutely not
Can I buy his jersey? Absolutely not
Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to like the Bucs, until the division realignment that is.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
the ONLY time it's ok is if your city didn't have a real team, so you grew up rooting for someone else, then you started rooting for your team when your city finally got one. and even then, it has to be a gradual shift in loyalty, not a dual loyalty forever thing.

as an addendum, if they weren't division or conference opponents, and he simply had a mild preference for one, that would be ok.

(imho)

My Favorite teams
NCCA-USC
MLB-LA Dodgers
NBA- LA Lakers
NFL- DENVER Broncos

Never been a fan of either San Diego or Oakland, and I fell in love with Denver during the Elway, Davis days. If LA had a team when I began following NFL Football I most likely wouldn't be a Broncos fan.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Oklahoma while living in Texas.... sucks big ones
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really "root" for other teams, but when two other ones are playing, and my team isn't one of them, I have certain ones that I favor over others.

And...after looking at it, that sentence looks kinda weird, lol. I had trouble putting my thoughts into words
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i'll take this in the generally joking tone of the last few posts and not set your house on fire.

=P
Well the reason is you come off as one of those " enlighted free thinker" or liberal people if i may say so... and those are usually the people who like soccer because it's nonconformist and nonamerican tolike soccer steriotypically speaking... I know i'm kinda off on a tangent and making assumptions.

they get smoked.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I am for the cowboys all the way, and whatever team playing against the redskins the particular week. kind of dual.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well I am for the cowboys all the way, and whatever team playing against the redskins the particular week. kind of dual.
well that goes without saying..
When some one is playing agianst you division rivals they are your new best friends.

they get smoked.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tolerated? Wow, like what you think effects what teams he likes.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Tolerated? Wow, like what you think effects what teams he likes.
I'm sure it does considering he's one of my best friends i've known for the better part of 20 years... He hears me talk about it with him everyday considering he's one of my college roomates too. I tansformed him into a good person.

they get smoked.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
well that goes without saying..
When some one is playing agianst you division rivals they are your new best friends.
It's not that there division rivals, it's for the mere fact that there redskins...F*** the redskins. Plus there a racially insensitive franchise. If they were the blackskins people would be up in arms.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a dual teamship guy: Eagles and Texans.

Since one is in the NFC and one is in the AFC there isn't much crossing over. It is a sin to consider yourself a fan of two teams in the same division. I also like the Ravens but when they play the Texans or Eagles I root against them. There's no problem with liking another team as long as it isn't a rival or in the same division.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I'm not gonna say anything about this cuz quite frankily, I am a fair weathered fan as well.
Really? I haven't really noticed yoda.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It should be illegal to rock the solo team loyalty. I'm also opposed to dual city loyalty, mainly because if I can tolerate the Cardinals sucking forever, than any fan can tolerate their team going through a slump.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
How do you root for teams in the same division? That to me can't happen. Separate conferences yet, but not same divisions in the same conference.

You are a hypocrite TT. It'd be like me rooting for the Packers and the Bears. There's no way in hell you can do that.
He's no a hypocrite because everyone should be a Twins and Indians fan. They represent all that is good about baseball and all that fights the evil empires of New York, Boston, Chicago, LA, etc.

I'm a fan of all small market teams in baseball against all big market teams.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ugh... a homer packers fan AND a baseball nut? you probably like soccer and nascar too... i'm starting to agree with 51 that we should sell most of the north-midwest to canada.
Can't do that dude. I'm moving to Minnesota.

If that's not irony, I don't know what is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel exactly how Ward does. You can't be a "die hard vikings fan" then turn into a fan of a rival team.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are allowed to like one team. If you move you might have a slight chance to switch teams...I mean you can't live in WI and be a Vikings fan...so I would view that as acceptable. It's also ok to like a player from another team...but thats about it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:57 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what 51 said: you have a "primary team" and then secondary teams, preferrably in another conference, and definitely not in your division.

My primary team is the Jaguars. I also like the Redskins because of my dad, and the Bucs because of some other family members.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how switching favourite teams is that big of a deal. I would never consider it, but for a casual fan of the game, I see little problem.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He's no a hypocrite because everyone should be a Twins and Indians fan. They represent all that is good about baseball and all that fights the evil empires of New York, Boston, Chicago, LA, etc.

I'm a fan of all small market teams in baseball against all big market teams.
Your right. Everyone should be a Twins and Indians fan. Whats not to like about them?( well besides the whole metrodome thing, but they will be out of there in a couple seasons now) Two very classy organizations.

This also brings up another on of my pet peeves. People who like Boston. I realize that there are many people who actually like Boston for valid reasons. However, some people like them as if they're the opposite of the yankees. The Red socks are just about the same damn thing. The Yankess and the Redsox spend money like it's water. Evil empires.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-09-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i think that was a bad example. if you move from minneapolis to green bay, you're almost obligated to be an even bigger vikings fan. otoh, if you move from san diego to philadelphia and will never really get to watch your home team again, it's more understandable to start rooting for the eagles more. otoh, this also somewhat depends on your age. if you're under 12, who cares, you'll end up rooting for everyone at some point because someone gave you a joe montana starting line-up doll or you found some guys' rookie card and decided you loved him. if you're over 60, you probably have long since stopped caring who you root for and only root locally because it takes less effort. anywhere between those ages though, you should still be obligated to root for your former home team. i mean, moving to boston for 3 years only made me hate the patriots and red sox more.
Very true. Since moving to Minnesota I have become a much bigger Packer nut because of all the Viking idiots here. Atleased when I wake up in the morning I can look off my deck across Lake superior and see the motherland.

by the way Bearsfan living in the Twin cities is hardly living in the upper midwest once you think about it. It's like your in a different country when you go there from the rest of the upper midwest.

they get smoked.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Well, since I grew up/live in Canada, I always liked the Falcons and the Jets.

If they play, I always cheer for the Jets, but I follow the Falcons fairly closely, and will watch them whenever I can (assuming a Jets game isn't on).