Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
2000 Ravens 40 86.96%
2007 Giants 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2000' SB Champ playoff 200 Ravens vs 2007 Giants

Welcome to Ralph Wilson Stadium for this exciting match between 7th seed Baltimore Ravens of 2000 and the 10th seed N.Y. football Giants. Votes and strong arguements count here so lets hear some debate.

Lets look at the starting lineups.

Baltimore Position
OFFENSE
Qadry Ismail WR
Jonathan Ogden LT
Edwin Mulitalo LG
Jeff Mitchell C
Mike Flynn RG
Harry Swayne RT
Shannon Sharpe TE
Brandon Stokley WR
Trent Dilfer QB
Jamal Lewis RB
Sam Gash FB

DEFENSE
Rob Burnett LE
Sam Adams LDT
Tony Siragusa RDT
Michael McCrary RE
Peter Boulware LOLB
Ray Lewis MLB
Jamie Sharper ROLB
Duane Starks LCB
Chris McAlister RCB
Kim Herring SS
Rod Woodson FS

head coach Brian Billick
OC Matt Cavanaugh
DC Marvin Lewis

N.Y. Giants Position
OFFENSE
Plaxico Burress WR
David Diehl LT
Rich Seubert LG
Shaun O'Hara C
Chris Snee RG
Kareem McKenzie RT
Kevin Boss TE
Amani Toomer WR
Eli Manning QB
Brandon Jacobs RB
Michael Matthews TE
DEFENSE
Michael Strahan LE
Barry Cofield LDT NT
Fred Robbins RDT RE
Osi Umenyiora RE LOLB
Reggie Torbor LOLB MLB
Antonio Pierce MLB ROLB
Kawika Mitchell ROLB DB
Aaron Ross LCB
Corey Webster RCB
James Butler SS
Gibril Wilson FS

Head Coach Tom Coughlin
Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride
Defensive Coordinator - Steve Spagnuolo

Lets hear about matchups stats and anything else.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Giants fan and I still think the Ravens would beat us, that defense was from another world.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say Ravens too, but Fassel was a horrible HC who was out coached. I actually feel a lot more confident with Spags, TC and Gilbride preparing this team. I think we'd do a lot better, and Spags would do better with Strahan-Osi-Tuck on the DL.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis and Holmes runs on the Giants D fairly easily, Ogden and company keep Dilfer pretty clean, and all the helmet catches in the world don't stop Eli from throwing 2+ picks. Ravens fairly easily.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose the Ravens but if the Giants played like they did that day then they could definitely win. I think that Jermaine Lewis would also be an important part of the Ravens win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens, and it's not even close.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
George Lippard
Rookie

George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Giants got ahead, I doubt Dilfer against that passrush...but he wouldn't be broken in half like Eli in this game.
George Lippard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens. Although it would not be shocking to see the Giants win.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was no stopping that team in the playoffs We beat the **** out of everyone. Denver got it 21-3, Titans got it 24-10, Raiders got it 16-3, and in the Superbowl we made the best NFC team look like a little league team. 15 out of the 21 games we played that year we held the other team to 10 or less points. Shut out 4 teams, 9 teams were held to no TD's. We went 5 games in a row without a TD and still won 3 of those games. Oh yea we had Ray ******* Lewis!!!!!!!!!!!
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see the Giants offense doing anything against the Ravens. The Ravens offense would pound some production from Lewis, the Giants linemen would have to play the run a lot more, giving Dilfer more time when he would throw. The defense would cause a couple key turnovers.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
I can't see the Giants offense doing anything against the Ravens. The Ravens offense would pound some production from Lewis, the Giants linemen would have to play the run a lot more, giving Dilfer more time when he would throw. The defense would cause a couple key turnovers.
If we could eat up Tom brady and that offense, I have no doubt Dilfer would get owned by our pass rush and blitz packages. IN my opinion the game would come down to field position, turn overs, and if anything could happen by a stroke of luck on offense.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with the Ravens.

I don't think it would be as big of a blowout as you guys think though. We easily have the superior qb.

But at the same time, our defense was more geared to stop the pass than the run, and they would eventually get worn out trying to stop that power run game.

Plus their special teams were better. And that defense was amazing.

I'd say Baltimore in a close, good old fashioned smashmouth contest.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
If we could eat up Tom brady and that offense, I have no doubt Dilfer would get owned by our pass rush and blitz packages. IN my opinion the game would come down to field position, turn overs, and if anything could happen by a stroke of luck on offense.
Yup, pretty much sums this game up. Neither offense would be able to do much of anything. It would come down to whoever could make a bigger play at the end on defense.

Tough one, but I'll give my vote to the Ravens on this one.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gave up 14 points to the best offense of all time so I'm not worried about the Ravens on that side of the ball. The Ravens defense of that year was better than our defense of that year though so I have to say Ravens. The score would probably be 6-3 or something ridiculous like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens Win 10-7

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yup, pretty much sums this game up. Neither offense would be able to do much of anything. It would come down to whoever could make a bigger play at the end on defense.

Tough one, but I'll give my vote to the Ravens on this one.
Yeah I'd vote for the Ravens too. But if we won, I wouldn't be surprised. We tend to do that in superbowls. We managed to beat the high flying Bills offense with our defense, and we did it with the Pats. So if we pulled another upset off, I wouldn't be surprised. But I def. would give the edge to the Ravens. And I would be confident with Coughlin preparing this team and not Mr. Fasshole who is out of the NFL now.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey folks it is half time and the Ravens lead 34 to 3 and the Giant fans are leaving the stadium.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote