Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2010, 02:48 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.
Default 2011 Gators

NOTE: All heights and weights are from www.gatorzone.com and all rankings and ratings are from Scout.

Upcoming important dates:

Pro-Day is set for March 17th (Open to the Public)

Spring game is scheduled for April 10th. (Obviously open to the public, $5 per ticket)

Personnel moves:

Gary Brown has been dismissed from the team.

Patchan might not be back till Fall practice.

Mike Pouncey is moving to C from RG.

Jordan Reed is moving to TE from QB.

Dee Finley is moving over to OLB from S.

Josh Evans is moving to S from CB.

Chris Rainey is going to start this spring with the WRs, working in the slot (Y position).

Am guessing that Travan Van starts out at RB.

We are sitting at 86 schollies by my count.

Coaching changes:

D.J. Durkin was brought in to coach LBs and Special Teams, formerly ST and DE coach at Stanford. (Replaces Vance Bedford, DC at Louisville)

Stan Drayton was brought back to coach RBs formerly same position at Syracuse. (Replacing Kenny Carter, RB and ST coach at Louisville)

Zach Azzani was brought in to coach WRs, formerly same position at Central Michigan. (Replacing Billy Gonzales, WR and passing game coord. at LSU)

Teryl Austin was brought into share Defensive Coordinator position with Chuck Heater, formerly DB coach with Arizona Cardinals. (Replacing Charlie Strong, HBC at Lousiville)

Here is my Pre-Spring game projected Starters:

QB - Brantley

RB - Moody/Demps

FB - Pridemore

WR (X) - Carl Moore

WR (Y) - Andre Debose

WR (Z) - Deonte Thompson

TE - Desmond Parks

LT - Xavier Nixon

LG - James Wilson

C - Mike Pouncey

RG - Carl Johnson

RT - Marcus Gilbert

RE - William Green

DT - Jaye Howard

NT - Omar Hunter

LE - Justin Trattou

Will - Brandon Hicks

Mike - Jon Bostic

Sam - A.J. Jones

CB - Janoris Jenkins

FS - Will Hill

SS - Ahmad Black

CB - Adrian Bushell

K - Caleb Sturgis

P - Chaz Henry

KR - Chris Rainey/Jeff Demps

PR - Soloman Patton

NOTE: Returning starters in Blue

Position battles:

TE: Parks has a year of scout team under his belt. He was RS'd and now has some young guns to compete with in Gerald Christian and Michael McFarland, not to mention Jordan Reed moving over from QB. I gave it to Parks because he has been here for a year, but I liked what I have seen from Gerald Christian in the the Army AA game and senior highlights.

RE aka FOX DE: William Green has been here and the staff has thought highly of him since day one (never RS'd him). He has a little filling out to do but has steadily gained weight and muscle under Coach Marroti. Love his speed, height and wingspan. Think he has game comparable to Jarvis Moss. Kedric Johnson, Ronald Powell and Lynden Trail would be my guesses for competition. Trail is most likely going to RS because he needs to gain some weight to play DE in the SEC. Powell has premium level athleticism and is 6'4 240 right now. I like him taking over at Fox before the season is over.

Y WR aka slot: Andre Debose is the leader, IMO. Granted he was hurt and had surgery to repair a hamstring injury last year, but from reports he is ready to go for spring practice. Chris Rainey is going to be getting some reps here, too. Not sure of the competition here, but if Debose stays healthy I feel like it's his post to lose. Incoming frosh Chris Dunkley and Adrian Coxson might be better suited for X and Z (split end and flanker)positions. One guy that I like, but might also be better suited for X or Z is Omarius Hines. He really impressed me in the limited action he was given. He might outgrow WR, because of how ripped he is.

CB (opposite Janoris): Jeremy Brown, by most accounts, was having the better practices than Janoris when both were freshmen. Injuries have slowed down Bushell, also. I doubt anyone can blame the staff for having them sit behind a couple of seniors (Anderson and Pierre-Louis) and two of the most talented CBs to ever suit up in the O and B, in Jenkins and Haden. Hopefully they will be injury free and we get to see one of them win the job opposite Janoris. I would assume that the main competition will come from incoming blue chippers Jaylen Watkins and Josh Shaw, not to mention Moses Jenkins. I really like the size/speed of Watkins.

2010 Schedule:

September 4th vs. Miami (Ohio)

September 11th vs. South Florida

September 18th @ Tennessee

September 25th vs. Kentucky

October 2nd @ Alabama

October 9th vs. LSU

October 16th vs. Mississippi State (Homecoming)

October 23rd BYE

October 30th vs Georgia (@ Jacksonville)

November 6th @ Vanderbilt

November 13th vs. South Carolina

November 20th vs. Appalachian State(Senior Day)

November 27th @ Florida State

Bold Predictions

Offensive MVP: John Brantley

Defensive MVP: Jon Bostic

Frosh impact player on offense: RS Frosh Andre Debose

Frosh impact player on defense: True Frosh Ronald Powell

I am thinking that we can still win the SEC East and have a rematch against Alabama in Atlanta. Not sure who will win, but do know that Alabama will be favored, and rightfully so. You gotta knock off the king of the hill to be king. I am hoping for a big year from Deonte Thompson and Omar Hunter.

Where all my Draft Countdown Gators at?

Last edited by ABoyNamedSuh : 03-19-2010 at 11:42 PM.
ABoyNamedSuh is offline   Reply With Quote