Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rhodes signed with Radiers!

NFL Network is apparently reporting that RB Dominic Rhodes signed a two year deal with the Raiders.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
blkwdw13
Rookie

blkwdw13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dominic rhodes has signed a 2 year deal with the raider worth 7.5 million

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511
blkwdw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, smartest deal yet. good for al
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great signing by the Raiders. Well, will it be CJ or will it be JaMarcus? ;)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
$3.75 million a year for a part-time back is "smart"? only in raiderland.
I would have done that deal for the Giants. With all the cap room available and deals other players are getting, that is a good deal.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best of luck to ya, Dom. Your tough running in the playoffs helped the Colts get to and win the Super Bowl.

This likely opens the door for DeDe Dorsey aka 3D.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i'll take it. looking at some of the other contracts given out i'll be ok with it.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's still not a good deal. he's making more than fulltime, proven running backs and he'll still only be splitting time with jordan (unless i've missed something in raiderland). i just don't see how a nearly $4m a year contract is smart, especially since it's all in two years, meaning rhodes will most likely get all of it.
Yeah I agree, not a good deal, but he must be going to get more PT than Jordan, to have made that. I remember reaidng somewhere money, and PT would influence his decision.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the deal. Sure ... it's a bit high. But relative to the market, it's not bad. Furthermore, I like the 2 years. Sure, he doesn't have much wear and tear on him, but he still is 28 anyway you dice it, and committing long term for a guy, especially someone coming off a DUI, wasn't worth it. He should form a solid RB tandem with Lamont Jordan that could perhaps prove useful in protecting a QB. His running style meshes fairly well with Jordan's as well.

For Rhodes, the 2 year deal makes sense, as it allows him to establish his value again in 2 years, and considering the lack of wear and tear, if he has two good seasons, teams could be intrigued enough to give him a solid deal at age 30.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just another reflection of the money changing hands right now. At least the SB isn't likely too be big.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
it's still not a good deal. he's making more than fulltime, proven running backs and he'll still only be splitting time with jordan (unless i've missed something in raiderland). i just don't see how a nearly $4m a year contract is smart, especially since it's all in two years, meaning rhodes will most likely get all of it.
Have you seen the amount of money being thrown around this off season? Two years for 4 million and the fact that the contract is not completely guarunteed? That is good current market value for what amounts to a test drive on a player that can still contribute for your team and who knows he may out perform Jordan next year making the deal even more reasonable.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more interested in how the Colts plan on replacing him, or rather, how high they are willing to draft their complentary back. Addai does not strike me as a guy that can carry a load by himself. A poor man's Ronnie Brown if you will, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect the Colts to look for a quicker back to pair with Addai's downhill. Personally, I think, if asked, Addai could handle the full time load, but more and more, teams are shifting to 2 back schemes. I think Addai wore down as the year progressed, which is understandable for a rookie.

Looking at some of the UFA's out there, some names that might mesh well with Addai: Derrick Blaylock, Travis Minor,

They might add another back in the draft, but I wouldn't expect it until day 2.

They could look for another bigger, downhill type as well, where there are other options, but my guess is they'll look for a quicker complement to Addai. If they looked for a bigger guy, names like Anthony Thomas, Artose Pinner, Correll Buckhalter and so forth could enter the equation.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Dayne baby.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Colts will replace him in the later rounds, say 3-5. I think Addai can handle a bulk of the carries. The Patriots are in almost the exact situation with Maroney, but I think Maroney needs to share with someone.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not bad I thought he would want a lot more
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, we actually signed someone.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
Wow, we actually signed someone.
Yeah plus Raiders really needed to update at RB
Old 03-09-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Raiders better use there first 3 picks on OL.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can you really get excited about this move?

We saw what Edgerrin James did without an offensive line last year, we should expect the same from Dominic Rhodes in Oakland. Don't really see this as much of an upgrade, there is a bigger problem in Oakland than the level of talent at runningback.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
Can you really get excited about this move?

We saw what Edgerrin James did without an offensive line last year, we should expect the same from Dominic Rhodes in Oakland. Don't really see this as much of an upgrade, there is a bigger problem in Oakland than the level of talent at runningback.
So they should try to acquire no talent? They needed a compliment to Jordan. They have it. Does it solve all their problems? No.

One of Edge's biggest problems, IMO, was that after he got paid he stopped giving a ****. He was always a burnout, but worked hard in Indy so that he could get that big signing bonus that he had been holding out for. Obviously being in the Colts system helps, but I don't think one could argue that Edge in his prime couldn't have done well anywhere.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

all the Raider fans hoping for AD....does this satisfy the RB position ?
A part time guy in Indy (a very underated line...never got the pub for Edge)
or is this signing merely a reason now to cut Jordan and have Rhodes / Fargas be "the guys" ....this is going to get interesting.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I am upset the Giants did not go through with that deal.

Good sign for the Raiders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
all the Raider fans hoping for AD....does this satisfy the RB position ?
A part time guy in Indy (a very underated line...never got the pub for Edge)
or is this signing merely a reason now to cut Jordan and have Rhodes / Fargas be "the guys" ....this is going to get interesting.
Jordan recently restructured his contract, so right now it looks like he and Rhodes will be splitting carries, with Fargas coming in sparringly.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I feel like we are overpaying for him a little bit, but its only a 2 year contract, so it wont come back to bite us really. He comes in and helps our offense and running game for a couple years and then we send him on his way. Hopefully we have new RB who can be a star by then (McFadden maybe?) Our backfield needed help and Rhodes is the kind of back we needed so I think it is a solid signing that can help this team in the short term and not hurt is in the long term. Good to see some activity....now if we can just get a TE!!! With all the TEs on the market im really dissapointed we didnt get one. Im hoping for Pollard now, not that he is all that great but he'd be a major upgrade over that bum Courtney Anderson.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote