Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:30 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't give up anything for a running back these days. The Patriots were the 12th best running attack in the NFL and none of their backs are worth anything practically. Kevin Faulk isn't in the game that much, Maroney and Morris are not workhorses, Taylor was hurt all year practically, and Green-Ellis hasn't developed quite yet.

Running backs just are not that important. I'd rather use the picks on an interior OL.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
What are you trying to personally sink the Seahawks? Pete was so fed up with Bush by the end of his career that he left him on the bench for most of the final drive against Texas.
Yeah, that. Or you could get your head out of your ass, realize that LenDale was killing UT's defense and that USC was trying to grind out the clock, and assume that on 4th and 2, going to your 235-pound power back is a good idea. Either/or works here.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Reggie's production in the post season wasn't some fluke like people are pretending, he wasn't only running hard for 2 games. It's not a coincidence that at about the one year mark from his microfracture surgery he's looked excellent.

He started the season slow and didn't even look like his explosive self, and still finished with by far his career best(and best on the team) yards per carry at 5.6, and was above 5 yards per carry in every game after week 9 minus the playoff game against the Vikes.

Reggie has evolved as a player and has learned to just run forward and put his head down at times. It was never a question of ability, just getting the right mindset.

I know it's en vogue to hate on Reggie, but if he stays healthy his carries and role are going to begin to increase back to his previous levels and he and Thomas are going to be one of the most dynamic tandems in the league.

It's a big if on whether he can stay healthy, because he has been injured every year of his career so far, and Reggie himself has said he hasn't lived up to is contract or expectations and expects more from himself in the future with the Saints.

He'll get fawned over as people think he is leaving, and the hate will come back when he restructures and gets extended.

Exactly right. I wouldl ove to sign him to a contract extension to lower his salary this year and have a incentive laden deal. Gotta work harder to get that money Reggie!
Old 02-13-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Yeah, that. Or you could get your head out of your ass, realize that LenDale was killing UT's defense and that USC was trying to grind out the clock, and assume that on 4th and 2, going to your 235-pound power back is a good idea. Either/or works here.
should've punted.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think Reggie will agree to restructure his $8M due. But I think the Saints will ultimately end up ponying the cash.
Disagree, when the rubber meets the road he will restructure.

I don't think he wants a Carroll reunion with all the controversy hovering over his time at SC & the condo his parents lived in LA paid for by the Trojan boosters .... allegedly.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Romarville
Rookie

Romarville hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Disagree, when the rubber meets the road he will restructure.

I don't think he wants a Carroll reunion with all the controversy hovering over his time at SC & the condo his parents lived in LA paid for by the Trojan boosters .... allegedly.
They're not going to lose any sleep over any allegations dealing with their past in USC. I think they might like the idea of playing together, but I don't see the Saints letting him go any time soon.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
should've punted.
Revisionist history. LenDale was killing it and they had one of the best offensive lines in college football that year. Going for it was the smart move. Plus, with the way VY was playing that night, I'm not sure he wouldn't have scored at the end anyway.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I heard Carroll likes Dwayne Jarrett.
I hope like God he does.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Revisionist history. LenDale was killing it and they had one of the best offensive lines in college football that year. Going for it was the smart move. Plus, with the way VY was playing that night, I'm not sure he wouldn't have scored at the end anyway.
Surprise, surprise. Winston Justice ****** up on that play. He was supposed to cut the LB who was on the line on the backside. Instead he let he come across his face and that was the guy who made the initial hit in the backfield. If he would have just made the block like he was supposed to, USC would have been national champions.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Full disclosure here i'd rather Toby Gerhart in the second than White, just want to be clear on that.
lol. I would rather have Blount in the 3rd or 4th than either. I was just playing along with the thread's nonsense about Carroll building USC Northwest. Though a banger does seem to be the better fit for Seattle.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Pats got the draft that you have in your sig, I'd punch you in the face, then I'd punch myself in the face.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that he is going to bring back mike Williams

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I heard that he is going to bring back mike Williams
Well he was a Trojan :P

How many threads of 'former usc player goes to team ran by usc coach?' are we gonna see?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Lineart, Reggie Bush, Len Whale, and Dwyane Jarrett. All on one team again... Championship.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Matt Lineart, Reggie Bush, Len Whale, and Dwyane Jarrett. All on one team again... Championship.
Of course. He'll draft Taylor Mays and trade future draft picks for Rey Maualuga and Keith Rivers.

We'll call them the Seattle Trojans.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"He'll be with us. He's not going anywhere," Payton said. "Mickey (Loomis) and I talked the other day about it. We value what this player brings, what he's been in three of the last four years ... really in all four seasons here. So I think we've spent more time in the other areas than we have discussing his status. So he's full speed ahead, he finished strong, and he'll be with us."
He's not going anywhere.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote