Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't going to take Scotty's spot no matter what anyway. Thanks for offering though Scotty.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are so cute together.

Btw, joined the league.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why won't it let me change my team name?

EDIT: Nevermind.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jjhewitt86@yahoo.com
Old 02-26-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty I need your e-mail or I can't invite you.

Also, if 8pm ET this Sunday (28th) doesn't work for anyone, now is your chance to say so. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, that's the date, so get your value boards set.

I'll post the points system and the rules on the front board.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

szimms@eden.rutgers.edu

and I'm pretty sure I should be good for that time
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Scotty I need your e-mail or I can't invite you.

Also, if 8pm ET this Sunday (28th) doesn't work for anyone, now is your chance to say so. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, that's the date, so get your value boards set.

I'll post the points system and the rules on the front board.
What shall the punishment be for anyone who doesn't show up?

I say they get an automatic deduction in auction dollars on the season.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The punisment is that their team will suck. It's one thing to skip a draft, the computer simply can't account for the variables that go into an auction. Remember the guys that skipped the auction in your NFL league?

Also, if you've never done an auction before, ESPN offers from mock auctions so that you can try out different strategies. There are also handy guides available online.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The punisment is that their team will suck. It's one thing to skip a draft, the computer simply can't account for the variables that go into an auction. Remember the guys that skipped the auction in your NFL league?

Also, if you've never done an auction before, ESPN offers from mock auctions so that you can try out different strategies. There are also handy guides available online.
That's true. Then they'll be inactive. I say double, triple check confirmation from everyone.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I've sent PM's asking people to check the thread and the draft time.

Again, PLEASE, if you can't make Sunday at 8 PM (for probably 2-3 hours), let me know.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

-Charm and Scotty:

Join the League

I've sent you both e-mails but you have to confirm and sign up. You have to be signed up before the auction.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still good to go tomorrow.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Charm and Scotty:

Join the League

I've sent you both e-mails but you have to confirm and sign up. You have to be signed up before the auction.
I'm signing up right now
Old 02-27-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm in i'm in i'm in! when do I get my trophy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Thanks guys.

Again, I stress that if you haven't done an auction before, it would be in your best interests to try it out.

I will also repeat that anyone you buy during the auction must make the initial 25 man roster or you will be forced to drop them (even if they make the opening day roster) we will proceed with the minor league draft almost immediately after the major league rosters are set.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Again, I stress that if you haven't done an auction before, it would be in your best interests to try it out.

I will also repeat that anyone you buy during the auction must make the initial 25 man roster or you will be forced to drop them (even if they make the opening day roster) we will proceed with the minor league draft almost immediately after the major league rosters are set.
Is it just me or is 25 too many? That's 250 players owned. That means there's only 100 players on major league rosters in the entire AL that won't be owned. Basically just all of the middle relievers and backup catchers.

Is this really the intention?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

You mistunderstand me dear Xio.

Our rosters are 20. The 25 man roster is in reference to major league baseball. You can't hold someone on your roster if he is not on a major league roster.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mistunderstand me dear Xio.

Our rosters are 20. The 25 man roster is in reference to major league baseball. You can't hold someone on your roster if he is not on a major league roster.
Oh. That's interesting ...
Old 02-27-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Please clarify this. Are we having a minor league draft of players not available in ESPN or something?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Yeah. I discussed this before but it must not have been very visable.

Auction is based off of who is available on ESPN and who you think will make the initial 25 man roster.

After the roster deadline, we will have a minor league draft here on SWDC, and as long as the person is on an American minor league roster, you can draft him.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

How will the draft order of the minor league draft be determined?

There isn't a draft order in auctions, so we can't go with the inverse of that or something . . .
Old 02-27-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Correct. Also, while 3 players is the ideal roster size in my mind, it doesn't fit very nicely with a snake draft. To solve that, we could simply do inverse order for both the 2nd and the 3rd round (since getting the top pick in the 1st round is more valuable), or change the roster size to 2 or 4.

As for draft order, I'll probably just roll two dice and whatever number comes up (with 11 representing the 1st person) will pick first and follow in that order based off of what order people signed up.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

http://www.random.org/lists/
Old 02-27-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I say we make the minor league draft 4 rounds.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

That would be fine with me, just remember that it's AL-only.