Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i tried to go BPA in the forum mock i did as the steelers since nobody else claimed them and this how it ended up. I thought it was a really nice haul, lemme know what you guys think!

1 (18). Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
2 (50). Jahvid Best, RB, California
3. (81). Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
4. (113). Sean Lee, ILB, Penn State
5. (145). Thaddeus Gibson, OLB, Ohio State
6. (177). Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
7. (209). Shann Schillinger, S, Montana

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
So i tried to go BPA in the forum mock i did as the steelers since nobody else claimed them and this how it ended up. I thought it was a really nice haul, lemme know what you guys think!

1 (18). Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
2 (50). Jahvid Best, RB, California
3. (81). Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
4. (113). Sean Lee, ILB, Penn State
5. (145). Thaddeus Gibson, OLB, Ohio State
6. (177). Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
7. (209). Shann Schillinger, S, Montana
i like it....especially thaddeus gibson <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to warm up a bit to the idea of Golden Tate in the second.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Finnegans Wake
Rookie

Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
With Wootton's injury woes, he could fall to the second or maybe third for us to take. I wouldn't risk a first on him, but a second would be awesome. Maybe they're thinking on moving Ziggy to NT?
Ziggy can't play nose. Doesn't have the sand in his pants.
Finnegans Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Finnegans Wake
Rookie

Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Hmm, interesting. I though that after getting Hood the FO wouldn't pursue another 3-4 end with the first pick, but anything can happen.

I'd read somewhere that Weatherspoon wasn't exactly a great fit in a 3-4 scheme, and I think he'd be an ILB. Am I right on this?

Odrick I think is a better fit as a 3-4 DE for where we're picking.
I like Odrick as a 3-4 DE better than I liked Hood, but Odrick would fit at LDE and I think Hood will work at RDE. As much as I love Aaron Smith, we have nothing behind him, as evidenced in 2007 and 2009. So it might make sense, even at 1.18, or a trade down.

Spoon would def be ILB, but is he too close in frame and style to Juan? I know Hines Ward Jr. says he's a thumper, but I see him less in that mold. I wouldn't be upset to draft Spoon tho'.
Finnegans Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Jones anyone, he has some long as arms.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Arthur Jones a lot. He has to show he is capable of staying healthy, though.

If Dwyer is there in the second, I'd be tempted. I don't care how slow his 40 was, kid is a player.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys should take a look at Clifton Geathers.

He is about 6'8, 300 lb, has 38 inch arms, 11 and a half inch hands. I think he would be a good fit for a 34 DE. The best thing about him is that he wont command a high draft pick. Probably 3rd at the earliest.
superman8456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I am intrigued by Geathers. Thing is, he doesn't really show up on tape.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Steel4Real
Rookie

Steel4Real hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know it's not likely, but it's possible that R. McClain could fall to #18. If he does, it would really hurt if the Steelers passed on him. Especially with Farrior on his way out in the next couple years probably.

The guy is a beast. Who would be pissed about that?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Real View Post
I know it's not likely, but it's possible that R. McClain could fall to #18. If he does, it would really hurt if the Steelers passed on him. Especially with Farrior on his way out in the next couple years probably.

The guy is a beast. Who would be pissed about that?
If someone winds up being pissed that we select Rolando McClain, then he is not a true Steelers fan. The guy embodies everything we want in a linebacker. Great character, natural leader, powerful, big, and makes his presence felt on the field.

As you mentioned, we do have to find a replacement for Farrior soon. While the guy might still have something left in the tank, it's the last of his supply. I read somewhere that this is probably his last season, if he doesn't spontaneously retire mid-summer.

I don't, however, expect McClain to slide this far. He probably fits every single defensive scheme in the NFL, and I think he'll get compared favorably to Patrick Willis, when it comes to the impact that he can have on a defense. While Willis is a proven beast, I think McClain can have the same amount of impact for a team. Due to this, while it's not virtually impossible he slides to #18, I don't think it happens. If he does start dropping, though, someone will trade up for him, and since we're picking pretty high this year, I hope it's us.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

What if Joe Haden AND McClain magically fall to 18. Who do you chose?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What if Joe Haden AND McClain magically fall to 18. Who do you chose?
Man, that'd be very tough. I think I'd go McClain, just because he's a true thumper, which is what we need, and there are still two young CB's that can prove themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic if we got Haden, true playmaker, but I'd prefer McClain.

Also, if we get McClain this year, we could try some highly unlikely, god-sent trade to acquire Patrick Peterson. That dude is going to be a monster.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Also, Spiller ran a 4.37 40. Proved his speed today. Third fastest thus far, I believe.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think I'd take Haden. True potential, shut down playmaking corners do not come around often. Plus, there are other thumping MLBs in this draft that will be just fine for me. Donald Butler from Washington intrigues me a lot.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Lol, if we somehow got both Spiller and Jacoby Ford, we'd give opposing defenses HUGE mismatches.

Spiller, Ford, and Wallace running together means teams need to have at least 3 4.3 40 defenders to keep up, let alone catch, the guys.

Spiller: 4.37
Wallace: 4.33
Ford: 4.28

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I'd take Haden as well, harder to find a corner that can play well, than a MLb that can tackle and shed blocks.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I'd rather have Tate over Ford.

Ford is good, but he doesn't offer much as a WR other than straight line speed. He is a good returner, but thats about it.

If both our line and defense didn't have as many question marks.
1. Spiller
2. Tate -reminds me of a faster Hines Ward, doesn't mind getting hit, makes him play better.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
I think I'd take Haden. True potential, shut down playmaking corners do not come around often. Plus, there are other thumping MLBs in this draft that will be just fine for me. Donald Butler from Washington intrigues me a lot.
Haden's going to be great. But I don't think he's got McClain's intangibles, which would be really useful considering how complicated our defense is.

I remember hearing once how McClain was considered a second defensive coordinator for Alabama, with incredible play recognition skills. That would certainly help us. Kind of like what Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher bring to Baltimore and Chicago, respectively.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I see what your saying. Maybe McClain would be worth it.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I see what you're saying Goose, but I'd rather have a shut down corner who has tremendous playmaking skills over a LB that we can get later.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:28 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

wouldn't surprise me to see Mcclain go 5 to the chiefs. then we have to worry about Miami and Denver, but both have other needs too, so he might still slip. Only way Giants would pass is if they sign Dansby as a free agent. so, its a long shot but hold your breath. It would be far more unlikely that no cb goes in the first 17 picks of the draft, so Haden is an even longer longshot. Weatherspoon seems more likely; with Tate in the second would fit me fine. Steelers have been talking with Willie Young. anyone know anything about him other than he's huge, 6'6 250?
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Chiefs could take McClain, but why would you take ILB top 5 in the 3-4. Its probably one of the least important positions in the 3-4. I mean yeah they took a 3-4 DE, but they couldn't really move out of that spot and didn't really have anyone else to take.

I think they have a bigger problem of not having a true NT.

I think the Steelers probably just go BPA and not reach for anyone, they could use help at a number of positions so taking BPA nothing wrong with that. Other than Qb and TE we could pretty much take any position.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Palmer26
Rookie

Palmer26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. LB Sean Weatherspoon
2. FS Nate Allen
3. DE Alex Carrington

Spoon is a vocal leader that we are sorely lacking on defense. His play is similar to that of Farrior and even Timmons. If we are going to leave Timmons at the Mack position to develop, that Spoon seems like a legitimate replacement at the Buck for Farrior.

Other than Berry, Allen might be the best pure FS in this draft.

I know we drafted Ziggy early last year, but DE is still a big position of need. Carrington is big and physical and would look good opposite Ziggy in the long term.
Palmer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think Thomas comes after Allen.